PDA

View Full Version : Wiring in my 6x9's

tomasti
06-01-03, 10:48 PM
Sorted a shelf and some Sony XS 6x9's for the 'Fun'. Only prob is i dont know how to fit them!

I'll get myself a CD head unit in a week or two but i can wire the speakers through the car ready. Here are my quereies..

Should I follow the cars other wiring from the back to the front?
Is this down the right hand side of the car?
Do the wires/cables go underneath the plastic sill plate (the plate by the door)?
How do i get the leads from the 6x9's to the head unit? Where do they go?!

ahhhhh, and relax.

Cheers

fcuk!
12-01-03, 04:07 AM
first off, chill! it's a peice of p!ss.

right, if your nova came with rear speakers as standered then just disconect the wires from the standered speakers and wire up the 6x9's.

if your car dosent have rear speakers as standered just run 2 lenghths of speaker wire threw where the stereo goes down the back of yer dash, unscrew the plastic sill from the passenger side and run the wires under the carpet (nice and tidy!) now when you get to the rear run the wire under the bench seats into the boot. then from in the boot wire up the 6x9's from underneth.

to wire them up to the stereo just follow the instruction manual. but you could guess which wires are for the speakers by the colour. i.e. there should be four wires the same colour and another four the same colour. 2 for each speaker and the colour represents front/rear.

hope this helps!

tomasti
13-01-03, 11:05 PM
Cheers warse! :D

DaySpring
26-01-03, 04:31 PM
Install them in the nearest bin and get a decent set of front speakers!! How often do you sit in the back of your car? Think about soundwave dynamics and sound refraction/refelection from the rear screen.

Do it once do it properly!

whitey
27-01-03, 09:38 AM
YET AGAIN ITS A NOVA AND MOST PEOPLE HAVE LIMITED BUDGETS!

GOOD ADVICE FOR A PROPPA INSTALL BUT MOST PEOPLE ARNT ASKING FOR INFO ON THAT SO DONT GIVE IT!

pickle2000
27-01-03, 02:01 PM
I heard all of the info about staging and stuff, but went ahead and put some 6x9's into the back of my Nova in a custom parcel shelf and they rock. I have some of the crappiest 4" speakers in the dash (with bass frequecies cut out), and I push the sound a bit more to the front. The 6x9's produce all the bass and most of the overall volume, with the front speakers playing onlyhigh frequencies (which are very directional anyway) to move the sound stage forward a bit.

If you are on a budget, then slapping some semi decent speakers into the parcel shelf will help your ICE out no end....

They are so easy to wire up.... just unclip the plastic cover at the bottom of door and one of rear cards and just feed the wires through. easy. plug them into your stereo, and you'll be rocking.....