PDA

View Full Version : Cav/calibra dials

Jack
09-03-09, 11:24 PM
Cavalier and Calibra dials are the same in terms of size, shape etc, yeeeas?

Am I right in thinking a 6 cylinder engine will over read on a normal rev counter for a 4 cylinder engine? So would need dials from a 6 cylinder car?

On Calibra 2.5V6 dials, is the speedo cable driven or electrical trickery?

burgo
10-03-09, 01:24 AM
cavalier and calibra dashs are identicle so one would assume the clocks to be also. have a word with dougie as he got a box of electrical goodness so that his clocks read right when he fitted the 3l v6 to his cav gsi

Nova_Tek
10-03-09, 12:07 PM
Yes RJ they is all the same yo.

My bro got dials off a Cally SE model as they had the Cally turbo style white dials and red needles with 140mph on the clock, to match his Cally turbo white with red needle volt and oil pressure dials. He swapped his normal black dials out of his Cav and they work a treat.

IIRC 2.5 V6 dials are electro driven but not 100% sure, best to ask the Migger's over at MIG...obviously lol

Jack
11-03-09, 11:24 PM
Well I got a cheap set from teh bay, if they're electrical I'll just wazz them back on.

Orrr.... I could put the rev counter into my 4cyl dials?

Sloth
12-03-09, 01:05 AM
jack get a transducer and wire it up as per a digi, its the same. easy peasy.

Jack
12-03-09, 07:34 AM
Hmm, I do have a transducer from a digidash. And a digidash too - which, so far, I've managed to resist smashing into a miiiiillion pieces.

Are all transducers the same then? So a digidash one will work with electrical dials?

AlexW
12-03-09, 10:44 AM
Should do^, SPI ones work with digi dashs (and the baby xe ecus etc)

Rich
12-03-09, 08:05 PM
Digi dash on a mk2 astra gte still over reads when it has a v6 fitted so thats not going to help! rev counter i mean

FAIL

Just re-read the thread again lol