PDA

View Full Version : NEW REAR ARCHES

DEE'S NOVA
06-01-03, 11:10 AM
does someone have a rough idea of how much it would cost to get new rear arches on the girlfreinds nova as it will be gettin a full respray and the rust thats on it will come back through in no time so any idea??not worried about paint just to get the old ones out and new in

Breeny
06-01-03, 12:33 PM
Depends where you go.. At a rough guess between ?300 - ?500.

dave.gsi
06-01-03, 12:36 PM
i heard its cheaper to get a whole new quarter cos theres less work involved

Breeny
06-01-03, 12:40 PM
Don't agree with that at all.. sorry! Had my rear arches done a few months back.

DEE'S NOVA
06-01-03, 12:40 PM
:o hold on till i go wipe me bum cause i just sh*t meself no way i thought it was that expensive and i deffo can't(know)be paying that for her car still got mine too fix ah well looks like i'l tidy what i can then spray over it later!!

any idea it is for the quater to be put on then?

Breeny
06-01-03, 12:45 PM
Mate that was a very rough figure of what a bodyshop would charge. I didn't pay anywhere near that much, just depends who you know in the trade. Its not a hard job but its quite labour intensive. You could even do it yourself if your that way inclined, the repair panel is only ?12 a side.

neiloakley
06-01-03, 03:48 PM
yeah i'm getting mine sprayed for ?900 and for an extra hundred, he will fit a new door and replace to two rear arches.

BREENY, where can you get those ?12 panels from? how do you fit them and what do they do/replace?

dave.gsi
06-01-03, 07:21 PM
there used to be some good pix on rich dales site www.novabug.co.uk cos he did one on his red nova. dunno if there still there though

neiloakley
07-01-03, 08:28 AM
BREENY, can you help mate? i couldn;t find anything about it on novabug. Need to know what is involved before i give bodyshop all my money. Ta :D

wisewood
07-01-03, 11:25 AM
it is on novabug somewhere coz i remember rich doing it on his antibes and putting pics up.

i will look.

DEE'S NOVA
09-01-03, 01:18 PM
right so the panel is 12 quid right that's good my m8 who will proberly spraying it started in arnold clark as a sprayer panel beater so he should have a good idea about it if it ain't too hard then I know a guy i work with in the airport that finished his apprentiship as one then chucked it me thinks me can get it done cheaper now :lol:

what is you do anyway do you cut the old panel off then replace?

DEE'S NOVA
10-01-03, 01:42 PM
is there someone who has a link to any pic of someone doing this to a car(i know pain in the ar*e) :lol:

mikeoxford
10-01-03, 05:30 PM
when im not busy packaging up calenders :roll: ill av a luk 4 u

but it is DEFINTELY on novabug.co.uk

Chris LR
10-01-03, 07:58 PM
I've got an O/S arch replacement panel, ?5 + P&P!

DEE'S NOVA
11-01-03, 11:56 AM
CHEERS MIKE 8)

DEE'S NOVA
11-01-03, 11:59 AM
CHRIS is it new(i mean have you even attempted to put it on)?and if you can hold on till the end of the month i'l proberly take it as me money might be going else where by that i mean i may have another nova gte to break or sell if someoneis intersed!!!
and r all the panels the same like mk1 mk2?

Chris LR
11-01-03, 08:39 PM
Brand spanking! It's dated for models 83-90, but I'm 100% sure it will fit a MK2 too.

I can hold it for you.

mikeoxford
12-01-03, 05:33 PM
I can hold it for you.

im sure you can too :lol:

Chris LR
12-01-03, 09:26 PM
Years of training have gone into my holding techinque, It's not something to joke about! :lol:

DEE'S NOVA
13-01-03, 12:39 PM
I FEEL QUITE SAFE WITH YOU HOLDONG IT FOE ME SO I'LL LEAVE IT IN YOUR HANDS :lol: I COULD ANYONE THAT KNOWS WOULD THIS FIT THE MK1?

ade
15-01-03, 01:05 AM
alright m8,

How bad ar the arches?

I rebuilt mine using hard graft, fibreglass and mesh and theyre solid as fcuk! Took a lot of work but you cannot tell and you know what the weathers been like up here for the last 8 months - did it back in july and theyre solid still despite the salty sea air!

If you want to replace the 1/4 panel check out this site - www.corsa.webb.se 0 its mitzu's site - he posts on here occasionally - click the nova pic and let them all load. theres a pic of him removing the entire rear 1.4 panel and fitting a new wider arch. You could e-mail him and ask how he did it - speaks gd engligh (he's from sweden!)

http://w1.806.telia.com/~u80600027/stora/co_bakskarm2.jpg
Ade
:wink:

DEE'S NOVA
16-01-03, 03:50 PM
ADE how long did this take you?there bad as ever who had the car pulled the arches out and down to clear the wheels cause it's low bought it still catches and the rust would come through quick again after painting so would like to replace them and was it new panels you puty back?and how much did they cost you?