PDA

View Full Version : Leaking car

Anonymous
16-11-00, 08:50 PM
My car is taking on water EXTREMELY bad... carpet is soaking in drivers foot well and now car windows mist up inside at night and are probably going to freeze there is soo much water... it seems to be coming in from a hole where the battery is ... what i want to know is this is like a proper hole so why the hell is it there and leading water right down into the damn foot well?

Anonymous
16-11-00, 10:45 PM
Ive got the exact same problem, I think its because down in the scuttle panel the water accumulates and rusts a hole behind the dash. It all runs into my footwell when I wash the dam car (get it, dam). take out the dash and the carpet and trace the leak, then tell me where it is so I can solve it!!!

Thanks Matt

Anonymous
16-11-00, 11:15 PM
happened to my last nova, wat i did was seal it all up then use fibre glass with that glue stuff with hardner n all that then seal it up proper, then get som wax stuff put it ontop of the fibreglass..leave for a bit then stik ur battery bak in oh yeah, make sure the original hole for lettin the water out aint sealed up, or u'l end up with a pool fit for fishes!

Anonymous
17-11-00, 03:46 PM
I doubt it is in the engine bay. The most likely place that is letting water in is ur windscreen.
The seal round the bottom edge of the winscreen will be fucked. It done it on my old mk 1 Fiesta and
I didn't believe it when I got told the problem was the windscreen, but as a last resort i took it to a
a winscreen shop(like autoglass) got them to reseal it which cost ?15 and the problem was sorted........
c ya

Anonymous
17-11-00, 06:56 PM
easy one this mate. I have literally just finished solving this problem on mine.It is a common fault apparently, they all seem to go underneath the battery. I stuck my head up behind the peddles and I could see the hole where the water was coming in, so I blocked it off with filler and I also drilled a hole in the scuttle panel so that the water doesnt accumilate, it drains straight out.hope I have helped.

Anonymous
02-12-00, 03:43 PM
Alans correct. It 95% a hole under ur battery! Best thing to do is take the battery out. Make sure it is bone dry (use tissue then hairdryer). Then fibreglass it! Then obvioulsy put ur battery back in quick so u can listen to ur tunes!!