PDA

View Full Version : Engine change on log book help

BIGS
09-03-09, 08:48 AM
I was just about to send the log book off to change the engine size. But ive seen a part that says "date of change" Now the car isnt 100% finshed yet. So can i just put todays date for instance even tho its not running yet. Its just something i want done and out the way

loggyboy
09-03-09, 08:53 AM
I would imagine thats mainly for them to back date any increase in tax due. So if its Sorn'd then it wont matter. If ts still taxed then wait until its on the road.

Jack
09-03-09, 08:54 AM
Just stick todays date in. The only bugbear about that is they may write back asking for evidence of the change, and if the cars not running (i.e. not able to get to a garage or whatever for a quick mechanic confirmation) that may delay you.

[edit] good point on the tax.

BIGS
09-03-09, 09:02 AM
well its been sorned for about four years so thats ok lol

And i have a good mate thats a mechanic / mot tester so i guess i can just get him to confirmation then?

Jack
09-03-09, 09:04 AM
Yep. Bear in mind I think an independent mechanic will need to comment on the safety/quality or whatever of the conversion.

BIGS
09-03-09, 09:08 AM
Hmm well maybe i will have to wait untill ive atleast got shell done then. i could do the front easy but the rear will take alot of work yet to look "safe"

loggyboy
09-03-09, 02:05 PM
Yep. Bear in mind I think an independent mechanic will need to comment on the safety/quality or whatever of the conversion.
Make that a 'may'. Most of the time theyl just change it.