PDA

View Full Version : 14XE EGR Question

Dod
08-03-09, 05:05 PM
Ok, I got a blanking plate made up to replace the valve on the Manifold to do away with the piping, what else has to come off and is unused?

Also, what impact has it on the car itserlf, A) running wise and B)EML wise, will it flash the EML or show a fault etc? Pics would be great if possible.

Leeboo
08-03-09, 05:27 PM
I didn't realise you could get away with blanking the egr valve on these!

Adam
08-03-09, 05:40 PM
The egr has no piping.
Do you mean the SAI on the exhaust manifold?

Leave any valves/sensors plugged in, and it will run/be fine.

Dod
08-03-09, 06:13 PM
Sorry, yeah thats what I ment. Tere are a load of Vacume pipes laying random as well though, and some form of Boss on the brake servo pipe, should these be connected?

meritlover
08-03-09, 07:45 PM
DOD this is not the EGR!
this is the air injection for the cat. the EGR is on top of the inlet manifold at the back.

Dod
08-03-09, 07:47 PM
Thank you Meritlover.

The Vacume pipes, where are they to go or what am I to do with them?

meritlover
08-03-09, 07:50 PM
cap them off at the servo NRV. but if yours has the valve on the heater you will have to keep one of them. i cant remember if its the green or yellow. you could remove/disconnect the SOV, but you will end up with the EIL on all the time.

Dod
08-03-09, 08:14 PM
Ok, if I take detailed pictures of whats catching me out, can you identify whats what please?

ck
11-03-09, 04:40 PM
big round thing on the manifold u can unbolt and block off. then remove the vacuum line which leads to the solenoid. remove the big air pump. and then on the solenoid u can block the one vacuum pipe. or even take the other off and block both. then follow that one back to the one way valve (in the brake servo pipe) and remove the line from there and block off also..

thats the whole sai system gone. you shoudl even be able to remove the solenoid and not bring up the management light

Dod
11-03-09, 06:10 PM
Which one is the Solinoid? I have 2 items, both with 2 wires plugged into them and what seem to be vacume pipes coming from them. Should I take pics?

ck
11-03-09, 06:37 PM
if you can then yes that would be a great help.

for the sai there is normally one solenoid which attaches to the pasenger side chassis leg area. if you have 2 the second solenoid may be for air con

Dod
11-03-09, 08:04 PM
I think I know which one you mean. I'll photograph it and show you.