PDA

View Full Version : spring choice

clemo
08-03-09, 11:11 AM
i have fitted 15" alloys to my nova and now it looks to high so i would like to lower it. now on my old nova i fitted 40mm springs all round and loved the way it looked and handled but this time i would prefer to fit coilover spring kits but am put off by the nearly £400 price tag however i was looking on lmf vauxhalls website and saw that they are doing a deal on an fk springs kit which includes 30-70mm adjustable front coilovers and a choice of 40mm or 60 mm fixed rear springs and shockers for £175.
does anyone know wether or not these kits are any good and if so which would be the best the 40mm or the 60mm bearing in mind that i use the car every day so am a little worried it might catch every speed hump with the 60mm

AlexW
08-03-09, 01:13 PM
Have a search around here bud, its come up a couple of times now.

I will say though, you get what you pay for.

Pistol Pete
08-03-09, 01:20 PM
I myself would go for 60mm. Seems so many people get 40mm then go for 60mm as it doesnt look low enough. The deal you mention sounds good, but the fronts might be cheapo spec so might end up being naff?

NOVA_LEE
08-03-09, 01:32 PM
60mm is the way forward

AlexW
08-03-09, 01:51 PM
The deal you mention sounds good, but the fronts might be cheapo spec so might end up being naff?

What i was getting at.
Gaz coilovers FTW lol

clemo
08-03-09, 05:14 PM
to be honest the cheapness has crossed my mind as to wether they would be any good which is why ive not already snapped them up because a decent set of springs and shocks would cost about the same.

does anyone know of any reasonable all round coilover kits at a decent price.

Pistol Pete
08-03-09, 05:29 PM
Coilovers start at around £300ish. FK from www.venommotorsport.com (http://www.venommotorsport.com)

clemo
08-03-09, 08:05 PM
cheers pete58 ive just had a look on venom website and they have the exact same kit on there and they are fk ak supertech and they are they are 4 quid cheaper on there. they have some good prices on fully adjustable kits too cheers. so are fk a reasonable make then

MK999
08-03-09, 08:17 PM
The £150 FK kits on ebay etc are shocking quality, same as vmaxx etc I have heard, but the higher end FK kits I'm sure I've noticed on some fairly well built nova spec lists