PDA

View Full Version : how easy to fit??????????

TUBZGSXR
05-01-03, 03:24 PM
im gona get new mk 2 wings and gsi front bumper and grill, how easy are these to fit, as im gona get them sprayed, but i dont want to pay the extra laybour cost for the garage to fit it all...........
thanx ;)

Chris LR
05-01-03, 04:19 PM
If your car is free from rust I can't see there being too much trouble doing them.

It's roughly 8 bolts per wing, and 6 for the bumper, the grill has 6 clips. If were talking Mk2.

fcuk!
05-01-03, 05:29 PM
a nose job is a peice of p!ss. you don't need to take it to a garage!

Jim
05-01-03, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure how easy the wings are to fit, but I've had the front bumper and grille off in about 5 minutes. Might need a friend to help with holding the bumper as you take it off, but all it should be is 2 bolts inside each wing. You might find some plastic rivots are holding it in place from underneath, but you can cut through these with a stanley knife and theres no need to re-aply the rivots, the bumper is held on well enough from the sides. Be careful with the grille, It clips in and out of place but the bits underneath the lights are a bit weak and can be snapped pretty easily.

Jim

Ben Ritchie
05-01-03, 05:38 PM
like chris says if it is rust free you wont have to much bother.
they are easy to fit.wont take u long to do mate
check you fcuk copying my avatar
:lol: only joking mate

mikeoxford
05-01-03, 06:09 PM
8) EASY JOB

do it yourself, your stupid if you pay a garage to :wink:

the only problem i had is soil and shit on my old car was in the front arches so i couldnt under the one screw/big threaded bolt where it connects to the valence.

had to scrape the shit away first!!!!

nae bother tho

do it yaself man!

?Marty?
05-01-03, 06:39 PM
Get a garage to do it.