PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 fuel tank and lines

bola
07-03-09, 08:01 PM
Im just needing some advice really. Am i right in thinking that the fuel from my 1.6gsi tank goes from - The outlet (facing the rear of the car) to the pump then to the filter mounted on the tank then to the rigid fuel lines going to the front of the car?
Also how do i mount the rigid metal gsi fuel lines as my old lines were the plastic ones used on carbs? Thanks:thumb:

Damo
07-03-09, 08:25 PM
oreyt bola,

Just mount the lines in the same way as the old ones were.
As for the tank ive no idea.

damen

mowgli
08-03-09, 08:20 AM
Im just needing some advice really. Am i right in thinking that the fuel from my 1.6gsi tank goes from - The outlet (facing the rear of the car) to the pump then to the filter mounted on the tank then to the rigid fuel lines going to the front of the car?
Also how do i mount the rigid metal gsi fuel lines as my old lines were the plastic ones used on carbs? Thanks:thumb:

you are correct in how you think the tanks pipes are set up. as for the fuel lines, if you are trying to fit a secondhand set of gsi ones, then they will follow a totally different route to the plastics. I used a length of copper pipe (think B&Q plumbing dept) for the feed & the original plastic feed pipe as th ereturn

Jack
08-03-09, 10:16 AM
The rigid lines should have some plastic clamps which hold them in place...?