PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Jay
07-03-09, 07:49 PM
I sat in a mates Punto Gt the other day and he has buckets and cage etc... And after spending most of last week helping him with the car im coming to the stage where im thinking of doing the same to mine.

At the moment i have standard clean gsi interior in, but have recently bought a quickrack, quickshift and 300mm steering wheel. So was thinking of extending the race/rally look/feel and getting 2 Corbeau Revolutions, 3" Harnesses and Saftey device full cage.

The car does get used on a daily basis to work and back as this is my daily car...

white2lSR
07-03-09, 07:59 PM
Unless your a seriouly quick fast road driver or do regular track days i wouldnt bother. Youll soon get sick of struggling to get in and out and the appauling comfort.

stevie-p
07-03-09, 08:12 PM
altough i do love your car put her on a diet
but i deffinalty agree with white2lsr from mates ive heard the same
but i love the rally/race look

Jay
07-03-09, 08:13 PM
Its going to cost over £1000 to do the inside how i want it lol

Count Vaux Alot
07-03-09, 08:15 PM
Gut the bastid and become a member of the automotive anorexia club :thumb:

Jay
07-03-09, 08:15 PM
Its also going to have Comp 15" Mo's on once they get sprayed...

Jay
07-03-09, 08:16 PM

James, i wouldnt be going mad. Just rear seats out. Full cage and buckets.

L33 LEG
07-03-09, 08:16 PM
i used to have a stripped out daily driver, actually had 3 or 4 of them. didnt bother me one bit, i loved it. but then when i finally got a car with an interior in it did make me think twice and you may miss the comfort

if i was you i would strip the interior but keep the standard seats, and test it for a week to see if you like it or not. if you do, get the buckets and cage and use it for the summer. once it gets cold again or you get sick of it, you can always put the interior back in!

Count Vaux Alot
07-03-09, 08:17 PM
come on the poll said go all out....

Jay
07-03-09, 08:18 PM
come on the poll said go all out....

It ment spend £1000+ Sorry.

Pistol Pete
07-03-09, 08:20 PM
What would your insurance charge for the changes to your car? That, for me anyway, would be the deciding factor. Also as someone already said. If you are using your car daily, it may get tiresome after a while.

Count Vaux Alot
07-03-09, 08:21 PM
Thats fair enough - it doesn't cost anything to strip it out and see.

Jay
07-03-09, 08:22 PM
What would your insurance charge for the changes to your car? That, for me anyway, would be the deciding factor. Also as someone already said. If you are using your car daily, it may get tiresome after a while.

I think i need another Nova.

Count Vaux Alot
Thats what i thought and looked what happened lol

Adam
Having it stripped is cool if your tracking it, blasting down b-roads etc.

But its just annoying if your using the car to do daily/long journeys

Jay
07-03-09, 08:23 PM
Thats fair enough - it doesn't cost anything to strip it out and see.

Bucket i want are £326each + Sidemounts, then i need Harnesses. Cage im looking around £200-£300.

Adam
07-03-09, 08:23 PM
Get cheaper seats.......

mintnovajim
07-03-09, 08:24 PM
Big choice, if the exterior is still mint and standard keep the interior, otherwise strip her bare....

Jay
07-03-09, 08:29 PM
Get cheaper seats.......

Im not doing it unless i fit the seats i want, want to be different, not just any old buckets. If i cant find a second hand pair for less than £450 then ill be doing it. :)

Pic for reference.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/jays_nova/rev3-blue.jpg

Pistol Pete
07-03-09, 08:34 PM
Did you read all of my post? Check insurance first. You are 18 so may bump your premium up abit.

Count Vaux Alot
07-03-09, 08:46 PM
Im not doing it unless i fit the seats i want, want to be different, not just any old buckets. If i cant find a second hand pair for less than £450 then ill be doing it. :)

Pic for reference.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/jays_nova/rev3-blue.jpg

I have a pair of those (but they arn't for sale), they are great seats :thumb:

Jay
07-03-09, 08:53 PM
I have a pair of those (but they arn't for sale), they are great seats :thumb:

:( :( :( They going in the track car?

Jay
07-03-09, 08:55 PM
Did you read all of my post? Check insurance first. You are 18 so may bump your premium up abit.

Yes.

Benn
07-03-09, 09:00 PM
Is it a track car? If so strip it.
If it isnt leave it full.

Jay
07-03-09, 09:02 PM
As you know Ben its my daily so no its not a track car, but i just want buckets cage and leave carpet in etc.

chris gsi
07-03-09, 09:15 PM
i have used a striped out nova as my daily car my old sr was for about 2 years and then my gsi for 1 year even took it on holiday was good fun but a lot of insurance compays do not like the cage and will bump it up

vaughanmc
07-03-09, 09:26 PM
GSi interior FTW mate :)

dj_wudgey
07-03-09, 09:40 PM

i also agree all off my car have no rear seats ect lol

Ash
07-03-09, 09:40 PM
A friend had those seats in a nova, said they were a nightmare on the road with visablity. Also putting harnesses on every time will soon get boring, I assure you. I think peesters got the right idea for a road car/daily. Cobra Daytona's and seatbelts, could still have a cage tho. If your not tracking it, it's pointless buying fixed back FIA approved seats - unless your doing it for 'the look' same goes for coilovers IMHO

Count Vaux Alot
07-03-09, 09:51 PM
:( :( :( They going in the track car?

Oh yes :)

Benn
07-03-09, 10:57 PM
If you want buckets and a cage then do it, leave the cards and carpetes.

AlexW
07-03-09, 11:00 PM
I think im going to basicly say what everyone else has already said but why not add my 2pence.

Like already said, take the rear seats, rear door cards and the like and see if you like it, but i doubt you will. Theres the cool factor to start with but after a while it gets boring/sad and very annoying.

Im acualy putting in a bit more sound deading in my nova.

Oh and remember everytime you want to go for a drive with cage/buckets etc your have to spend 10mins getting in and out lol.

Oh and get on MSN jay.

Benn
07-03-09, 11:02 PM
I was the same as above, got bored of a striped out car and have since refitted it all, ice is nice on longer drives as its a quiet insides.

AlexW
07-03-09, 11:05 PM
Agreed benn, i would rather have a car thats slighty slower that is nicer on long trips. And ICE should be keept for when its cold, not inside a car IMO lol

Pistol Pete
07-03-09, 11:06 PM
TBH i think its either one or the other. Track car or daily driver complete with interior. Halfway between is a waste. But thats IMO.