PDA

View Full Version : worst night ever

Andrew V
05-01-03, 01:00 AM
right went to the pub tonight and I'm sitting down when my mate comes in. He tells me my car's been broken into and the head unit is gone. To be honest I thought he was bullshitting but we got to the car and the front quarter window on the passenger side is smashed and my lovely headunit gone :cry:
They have fcuk the dash up a bit as well so I am totally pissed off. Let this be a lesson to you all, get some good security because I am now more than ?350 out of pocket.
I will be buying a cat1 alarm to stop this happening again seriously though I don't live in brixton I'm in surrey and I thought this would never happen to me. ffs my car is left unlocked outside my house at night.
theiving barstewards I hope they rot in hell...
Andrew

Chris LR
05-01-03, 01:03 AM
Bad Luck mate, Was your unit coded?

Luckily for me I live in the land of drive-by shootings and I always lock my car, put the alarm on and I put the steering wheel lock on.

It's an expensive lesson to learn, but It could have been worse, At least you've still got your car.

Nova1.6
05-01-03, 01:31 AM
Sorry to say this yet AGAIN!
EVERYONE, Alarm your car NOW....

BEFORE it gets broken into!

Dan
05-01-03, 01:54 AM
well im afraid to say no sympathy here :o , quite a few times this year we have had the same thing posted but people still dont realise that by not having an alarm then its just a case of waiting your turn :roll: . Ok that might be a tad harsh but its true, only a fool would fit ?????????? of stereo stuff and have no form of security :? , and if you couldnt of afforded it at the time the money you spent shoulda gone an alarm and then saved up for a stereo etc etc :idea:

MattyWoo
05-01-03, 02:00 AM
Well mate, if they stole your ?350 head unit, it must have still had the front on it, else they wouldn't bother. Theres a lesson, take the flippin front off and they wont nick it!!!

Jim
05-01-03, 02:27 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunatley no where is safe from thieves these days. You can have all the security in the world, but if athief wants to get into your car, they WILL get into your car.

Jim

Andrew V
05-01-03, 11:29 AM
thanks for the sympathy guys :? the alarm was the next thing I was gonna buy but I was beaten to it.

I'm not that pissed off really, just an excuse for me to get a bigger, better sound system that will be properly alarmed this time!

good news though, the stealth shelf did it's job :lol: and they didn't even realize I had rear speakers! they also left a pair of ?130 oakleys and a bottle of tommy aftershave and some fags?!

Also got with this fit bird that I've been wanting to get with for ages :twisted:

Nova1.6
05-01-03, 12:49 PM
First thing i ever got for my car was an alarm. You should do the same to.

Nova-Flair
05-01-03, 01:10 PM
how much is a cat1 alarm fitted n e way????

how much does it bring your insurance down by?

dan16v
05-01-03, 01:17 PM
i have clifford cat 1 alarm and immob ?500 and a toad cat1 immob on top which i think was ?250 well worth it, my car only has 6x9s and sum components as im not a sterio man so i dont care what they nick inside as long as they cant drive the car away.

Ste_Nova
05-01-03, 04:07 PM
shit happens, get a shed with a std radio if u wanna park up in pub carparks

mikeoxford
05-01-03, 05:40 PM
:evil: unlucky mate :(

think id be gutted if my baby got damaged :x

Andrew V
05-01-03, 05:44 PM
ste, my thoughts exactly-shit happens

sheep dip-who are you? my mum? :roll:

I know it wasn't very wise but at the end of the day I'm a student who can't afford to spend ????'s on my car and I'm buying things as and when I can afford them. I've learnt my lesson and I'm just posting this to warn people like me who thought it wouldn't happen to them.
Anyway I'm off to look for a new headunit!

?Marty?
05-01-03, 06:14 PM
Should have at least got some alarm stickers and flashing led's.

Andrew V
05-01-03, 06:35 PM
I was going to get them but I thought that my led washer jets and number plate bolts along with my in car neons would put them off more! :lol:

Thinking bout an in car dvd this time (?999) still pioneer. Insurance will give me up to ?300 for stereo and whatever damage for window is. I've also got a bit of money owed to me so I should be around the ?600 mark already! nice

MattyWoo
05-01-03, 07:04 PM
I know it wasn't very wise but at the end of the day I'm a student who can't afford to spend ????'s on my car

Right. Although earlier you said summit along the lines of "oh well at least i can get a better head-unit now" what a twat

Freak
05-01-03, 08:26 PM
Bought new car---->phoned up to book in for alarm straight away.
First thing i did.

It had clifford stickers on the windows and an led within 1hr of buying it, and the clifford itself within 2 days.

If you have no security its asking for trouble (sad really but unfortunately thats how society is nowadays.

And an alarm wont stop them doing it again. If they want it they will do.
Takes a few seconds to smash a window and grab a headunit etc, they arent gonna care if alarm goes off if its an empty unprotected car park outside a country pub with no risk of being seen.

Andrew V
05-01-03, 09:55 PM
mattywoo-I found out I can get basically all the money back for the headunit from the insurance company. I can afford to put the money I paid for my old headunit back into getting another 1. that's ?700 already? I still stick by my statement that I can't afford loads but I don't think ?350 is loads? and how can you call me a twat you don't even know me?

anyway I think an alarm will make a difference, the car was parked in a near empty car park but it was in a town centre-they may have cctv.

cheers everyone who can at least have the decency to see how I feel-the rest of you can fcuk off