PDA

View Full Version : handbrake cable nova

16v Nova Kev
07-03-09, 10:23 AM
right i tried to fit a new handbrake cable but i dont know if there is something missing. I have nothing to connect the back part of the cable to at the rear beam. Dunno if the previous owner cut stuff of the rear beam to fit a hydrolic(spell)lol handbrake info and pics welcome of what should be there oh is got drums on the back too:thumb:

ade
07-03-09, 10:42 AM
which side are you replacing?

On a standard Nova theres 2 cables to the rear brakes iirc. A short one and a long one with a yolk attachment. The short one screws into the long one which attaches to the centra hook to the handbrake leaver.

Theyre a bugger to set up right although you mentioning hes replaced it with a hydraulic system I've no idea what your set up is...

Pics?

16v Nova Kev
07-03-09, 10:55 AM
cheers ade im trying to fit both the long one and short one
i have the long one on the the handbrake lever but cant figure out the back part

let_nova
07-03-09, 08:13 PM
i will bring mine up and you can copy it?

Adam
07-03-09, 08:19 PM
Fit the long one, make sure youve got the metal adjuster bar thing fitted, then fit the shorter one into the adjuster by screwing the yolk nut up the cable thread to tighten it

16v Nova Kev
07-03-09, 10:12 PM
adam i dont think i have any metal adjuster bar thing cant find nowt i need a pic :)
xe. you could send me a picture on yer phone

Iain
07-03-09, 10:31 PM
http://iainel.co.uk/images/forums/HandbrakeCable.jpg

16v Nova Kev
08-03-09, 10:29 AM
aha cheers thats what im missing
rep for you sir

Adam
08-03-09, 01:59 PM
If youve got an early car you will have a different handbrake cable setup, the cable will cross under the fuel tank and head towards the drivers rear, instead of the pass like in Iain's pic

16v Nova Kev
08-03-09, 05:34 PM
oh mine is a k plate im going to move it tommorow its hard up against a wall in my garage to get a better look and take some pics thanks for the help