PDA

View Full Version : peoples opinions on the newer ecotec turbo?

shy witness
06-03-09, 08:56 PM
why does no one use these in conversions????

a mates just wrote off his zafira turbo blah blah daddy cool type thing.....and he's tryin to sell it on.

i was just wondering if theres any point in trying to get it off him at a reasonable price?...........or are they more hassel than theyre worth?

has anyone any experience or advice/opinions on using these engines.......thanks:confused:

krobinson
06-03-09, 08:57 PM
Fits quite easily into a Corsa C. Get it done!

Stuart
06-03-09, 09:03 PM
possibly a small amount of playing with electronics to keep things happy but other than that it should be mechanically "the same" as LETing something

meritlover
06-03-09, 09:08 PM
rip all the OE crap off it and run a good old fasioned mechanical T/B and MAP load sensing, no EGR or simelar piffle, stand alone boost control. and im sure it would be a realiable tunable engine.
which will be easy to fit, tune, get spares for and work on.

Meritlover
xxxxx

Ben
06-03-09, 09:36 PM
They actually use the same ECU as the 1.2 corsa iirc so you can literally plug and play. I persoanlly would rather use one in a "modern vx" than a LET, think its a shame to fit a LET into anything such as a Vectra/ Astra G / Corsa C etc etc

Novasport
07-03-09, 12:23 AM
I love the Z20LET in my Astra 888, its such a smooth torquey engine with no lag and thats still standard. You will need the accellerator pedal from the Zaf as its fly by wire throttle and the Zaf box should have really good ratios.