PDA

View Full Version : Removing Dizzy,Cam Oil way ??

Dinoman
06-03-09, 08:44 PM
Hi I want to remove the Dizzy on my 20 XE engine and run wasted spark, I have a blanking plate to seal off the hole, but do I have to close of the oilway on the end of the Exhaust Cam where the Dizzy was fitted as I assume there must be an oil feed to the dizzy, so if yes how is it done, Regards DM

meritlover
06-03-09, 08:49 PM
there should be no issues. the oil feed to the distributor is scavenged on to a plain bearing. not pump fed, the residual oil will drain off the end of the cam on to the head, and drain back to the sump via the usual oil-return.

vx kev
06-03-09, 09:53 PM
The other option would be to get a cam from a Dizzy pack engine as these have a bearing in the end of them to stop the oil coming out :thumb:

Dinoman
06-03-09, 10:49 PM
The other option would be to get a cam from a Dizzy pack engine as these have a bearing in the end of them to stop the oil coming out :thumb:
Hi Thanks, Regards DM

Dinoman
06-03-09, 10:50 PM
there should be no issues. the oil feed to the distributor is scavenged on to a plain bearing. not pump fed, the residual oil will drain off the end of the cam on to the head, and drain back to the sump via the usual oil-return.

Hi Thanks, Regards DM

Sloth
06-03-09, 10:51 PM
how very polite, have some rep!