PDA

View Full Version : Is their

keithrg
05-03-09, 05:58 PM
any where on this site ebay lnks for nova parts for sale can be pasted ?
I posted in for sale and got a 7 day ban which I THOUGHT WAS A LITTLE OUT OF ORDER. Thread could have been removed and email sent to me. After all I am a new menber and this was my first offence. I thought vxon was bad.:(

burgo
05-03-09, 06:00 PM
its in the rules and if you break them then what do you expect.

as for your question no there isnt

16xe_chris
05-03-09, 06:00 PM
you should read the rules matey

Feck burgo beat me to it lol

Hobbit
05-03-09, 06:01 PM
its rule one in trader rules

keithrg
05-03-09, 09:13 PM
OK, ta. Wish all forums had same rules, lol be much easier. Well I'll say this last thing and leave it at that happy bidding, people on ebay. *** Admin HACKING ALERT *** "My ebay name isnt relevant" *** Admin HACKING ended *** for future reference. No more mention of it.

Sloth
05-03-09, 10:18 PM
thats gonna get ya banned/\, as ya not a trader.........

astraluke
05-03-09, 10:18 PM
i'm pressuming on this basis that novarally is about to be banned tonight for his ebay link and no price in the for sale section, sometimes it seems all animals are equal but some are more equal then others....

sulphur
05-03-09, 10:20 PM
Novarally is a trader. Trader rules apply there ;)

astraluke
05-03-09, 10:21 PM
outside the traders area???

My thread about opel parts was deleted as i was told it had to be put in traders, but i'm not a trader!!

Stuart
06-03-09, 09:35 AM
apparently "traders" can do what the funk they like.... (I dont agree with that but hey what do I know).

Dod
06-03-09, 10:29 AM
Advertise your part "As seen on Ebay". iirc its just a link that you're not allowed to post.

Sloth
06-03-09, 11:09 AM
so if i pay the traders amount i can do what i want? whats the price?

good idea dod btw, stu tis a joke/\

Jack
06-03-09, 11:17 AM
My thread about opel parts was deleted as i was told it had to be put in traders, but i'm not a trader!!
No, the PM said to contact Lee with regards to a trader account. Not to just plonk your ad in the trader section (which is dedicated to full on traders). I know this because I wrote the PM to you, you turkey lol If you needed clarification, you should have asked :)

Stu, yes trader users have more free roam but they do pay more for the privilege. Part of the service offered to paid trade account holders is being allowed to utilise eBay and provide links in the dedicated trader's section.

slothsport1 so if i pay the traders amount i can do what i want? whats the price?
By all means you're welcome to pay up for a trade account, PM Lee for costs and details. However, thats not a free ticket to do whatever you want. Why do you think it would be?!? If its because you think its to do with the ebay thing, thats not exactly "do what i want" now is it :roll:

Sloth
06-03-09, 11:26 AM
dude chillaxe, twas a joke! i know its hypothetical but what happens when theres very few nova parts left, and our continental friends are our only chance? will we allow group buys or "i can get ya the part, just ask" threads? having met luke, i can vouch for the guy, he is a good lad. i think its a missed opportunity, but if admin etc dont want his help, the best thing to do is pm him and work it like that. just an idea btw, dont rape me!

Jack
06-03-09, 11:35 AM
lol sorry, but with that other thread you can see why I'm getting a little antsy about people getting knives out at admin :p

You're reading it wrong Rob. We're not saying we don't want his help; what we're saying is to have the benefits of a trader account (i.e. large quantity selling or reselling, ebay links, posting in the trader section, club advertising etc) you should have the appropriate account. Otherwise its unfair on those people who have trade accounts. How would you feel if you paid £xyz for additional benefits, only to have someone else get the same stuff for no cost?

[edit] Also, the content of the PM to luke was positive, not just "fcuk off and buy a trade account". I for one would love for him to come on board, as there's a few choice Opel parts I'd like which I'm sure he could get hold of.

Hobbit
06-03-09, 12:59 PM
apparently "traders" can do what the funk they like.... (I dont agree with that but hey what do I know).

posting a thread in for sale, getting interest then putting it on ebay takes the piss, trader or not.

+rep

Dod
06-03-09, 03:32 PM
Jack my friend, I think you need a big cup of Coco and a wee rest in front of the telly. You've been very Admin this past 24hrs and its bound to be taking it out of you, so I'm gonna Possie Rep you and say well done and thanks.

astraluke
06-03-09, 07:26 PM
what i said wasn't meant to go off topic in reference to the thread which i started, but i hope my point was appreciated, i'm quite happy RJ if you want anything to drop me a PM (and anyone else for that matter), but i refuse to pay the traders fee to make no money. :(

Sloth - cheers mate appreciate you putting a third party angle into the equation.

Sloth
06-03-09, 10:56 PM
no prob luke, ill be on for some opel bits when im rich haha!

Pistol Pete
06-03-09, 11:01 PM
So astraluke has to be a trader to sell on here? I know he is in france but why punish him anymore?! lol :p ;)

Sloth
06-03-09, 11:12 PM
haha hes a yorkshire lad originally, so its ok. id be in france if i could.....

keithrg
07-03-09, 07:35 PM
ooo. Sold, coil, ht lead (as new), plug leads, (as new) rota cap and arm, (as new) carb, gearbox mount, block, sump, gearbox, drive shafts, hubs, discs, starter motor and dizzy for £46, today.

Sloth
07-03-09, 11:36 PM
wtf? if that was sr bits im gonna die....

Stuart
08-03-09, 08:21 AM

fingers crossed :p

mowgli
08-03-09, 08:29 AM

considering that sr's are not mechanically different to standard ones (apart from a lower diff to make it sporty) I think you should get your head out of the stove

Stuart
08-03-09, 08:40 AM
considering that sr's are not mechanically different to standard ones (apart from a lower diff to make it sporty) I think you should get your head out of the stove

noooooooooo dont tell him that

keithrg
08-03-09, 02:19 PM
FROM 1.4 76bhp block

Sloth
08-03-09, 02:50 PM
aaaaaarrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh! *cries* sr dizzys and coils and carbs are different mowgli. the 3 bits i need.... balls.

mowgli
08-03-09, 03:03 PM
aaaaaarrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh! *cries* sr dizzys and coils and carbs are different mowgli. the 3 bits i need.... balls.

where is the written proof of this????

my haynes says they are the same, and when I've looked at any sr over the years, be it a 1300 or 1400, I have not been especially surprised that it was anything special..........

Sloth
08-03-09, 03:06 PM
carb is a 2e3, 1.2 runs a 1b1.
dizzy is bosch peg type, 1.2 is a delco slot type.
coil is a bosch cylinder type, 1.2 is a delco block type. i cant find any of the above, tho i have a 32/36 dgv carb for it, the jets are for a 1.6

mowgli
08-03-09, 03:12 PM
carb is a 2e3, 1.2 runs a 1b1.
dizzy is bosch peg type, 1.2 is a delco slot type.
coil is a bosch cylinder type, 1.2 is a delco block type. i cant find any of the above, tho i have a 32/36 dgv carb for it, the jets are for a 1.6

Right, and I said that an SR was not special, I didn't say it was the same as a 1.2, i said that the sr has the same engine as the standard model, ie, 1300 sr = 1300 gl, and 1400sr = 1400 gl........

please let it sink in that apart from a low diff, some stickers and different seats, the sr is not any different to a base model.......

Sloth
08-03-09, 04:23 PM
sorry, i misunderstood, but at the same time, please apperciate that the 1.3 and 1.4 engines are not in any scarpyards here.

mowgli
08-03-09, 04:34 PM
it'll probably be cheaper to go looking for an efi engine

Sloth
08-03-09, 04:56 PM
what bout converting it to efi? (should i start a post in mech?)