PDA

View Full Version : Nova GTE Mk1 White

Torroni
04-03-09, 04:54 PM
I'm trying to source a GTE in white, as close to original as possible please!

Anybody have anything sitting in the garage??

GTE TURBZ
04-03-09, 07:29 PM
I'm trying to source a GTE in white, as close to original as possible please!

Anybody have anything sitting in the garage??

Hello mate, recognize the name, saw u on the a406 summer time last yr, what happened to your blue gte? there's one on piston head

Torroni
05-03-09, 06:07 PM
Hello mate, long time no see! I've still got mine just thought I'd see what was about. I think I'll be sticking with 'Old Faithful' ...still in daily use but going as strong as ever! Did you manage to sell yours in the end?

GTE TURBZ
05-03-09, 08:39 PM
Hello mate, long time no see! I've still got mine just thought I'd see what was about. I think I'll be sticking with 'Old Faithful' ...still in daily use but going as strong as ever! Did you manage to sell yours in the end?

No decided to keep it after, ive dropped it with cav slabs since, looks a whole lot better, it'll be coming out in aprill, will be putting pics up then. hows the business running that u started up.

also knw where i can get a stealth shelf?

Torroni
06-03-09, 09:55 AM
Glad to hear you kept it, it's certainly a very nice car. I would have brought it off you but Red isn't my favourite colour. It would be good to see you out on the road with it!

Funny you mention the stealth shelves... I'm just in the process of taking mine out to fit an original shelf and speakers. I originally got mine from http://www.autoacoustics.com

It will be for sale very soon if you'd like it, just needs a couple of new strings for the shelf support. I think they are about £110 in kit form. I've got two Kenwood 6x9s in there too but I could take them out if necessary.

GTE TURBZ
06-03-09, 01:49 PM
Yeah why not, as said mine is coming out in April, maybe meet up in ace cafe or something (central to both of us). I've got the original parcel shelf with no holes, but i'm after the stealth shelf that replicates the original so you can't tell the difference, i'm guess yours isnt like that for you to go back to OEM styling. Is that the case and what u want for it?

I uprated the standard 10cm speakers with JBL replacements, but still no bass, just had enough really as my mk4 astra as standard has decent sound.

Spk soon Bud!

Torroni
07-03-09, 12:49 PM
The Ace sounds good, I'm always driving through that way. My shelf has a flat top so not exactly like the original, but only Nova pros could tell the difference. In my opinion I would say leave it all original... the stealth shelves are too heavy for the shelf supports once fully loaded with proper 6x9s. Especially with a lowered car, they bounce around and make some horrible noises. I actually can't wait to get rid of mine. I also need to be able to remove the shelf easily and seats down for extra luggage space. It's easier without the speakers, amp and cd changer... they all get in the way!

I've got my new speakers so just looking for a headunit now. Looks like it will be an Alpine, many of the others are out of my league on price. What do you think?

GTE TURBZ
09-03-09, 11:35 PM
The Ace sounds good, I'm always driving through that way. My shelf has a flat top so not exactly like the original, but only Nova pros could tell the difference. In my opinion I would say leave it all original... the stealth shelves are too heavy for the shelf supports once fully loaded with proper 6x9s. Especially with a lowered car, they bounce around and make some horrible noises. I actually can't wait to get rid of mine. I also need to be able to remove the shelf easily and seats down for extra luggage space. It's easier without the speakers, amp and cd changer... they all get in the way!

I've got my new speakers so just looking for a headunit now. Looks like it will be an Alpine, many of the others are out of my league on price. What do you think?

Yeah know what u mean, but im not really into amps and all that, i'll be running it straight off the head unit, think i'm just gonna buy a nova shelf with or without the holes cut our screw abit of 20mm mdf on the under side and cover the top with acoustic carpet.

If your interested i,ve got an early mp3 alpine head unit 50 by 4 if your intersted, reason for sale is i want something with more simple functionality, can give u more details if interested.

also as i'm getting the 6 by 9's ive got some 10cm jbls original replacements in the back that i wont be using either. But yeah if its making all that noise as u said i'd be pied too. But i think the way i'm looking to make the shelf, it should be ok and look original, only getting the carpet to match interior :thumb: