PDA

View Full Version : Thread for learners!

Curtoise
03-03-09, 09:37 PM
hi all, im leaning to drive recently is anyone else? how are you finding it? i have asked my instructure if i can drive my nova instead of his yaris as it is bant!! anyone know if they allow you to drive your own car??

let_nova
03-03-09, 09:38 PM
yes you can drive your own car.

Curtoise
03-03-09, 09:38 PM
sweet any one else learning?

NathanSRi
03-03-09, 09:39 PM
sweet any one else learning?
Yep :thumb:

gazjoiner
yes but they wont be very happy lol! its there pride and joy

Curtoise
how r you finding it, how many lessons

Curtoise
03-03-09, 09:41 PM
yes but they wont be very happy lol! its there pride and joy

LOL the instructer, said and i quote "It is goin to be hard changing between cars when your learning, mainly because this is a good modern car and your vauxhall nova is rubbish and old"

i was sooo annoyed

Pistol Pete
03-03-09, 09:49 PM
lol truth hurts eh!!

Curtoise
03-03-09, 09:50 PM
im not impressed ! lol my nova isnt old anyway lol one of the newer ones lollololololol;)

NathanSRi
03-03-09, 09:50 PM
how r you finding it, how many lessons
Not bad, got my theory a week tomorrow.
Only had three lessons and my instructor wants to book my practical :thumb:

stevie-p
03-03-09, 09:54 PM
i found it a little differant going from good to bad brakes light to heavy clutch and an ever ending accelerator

now i have problems driving new stuff at work as the brakes seem so deadlylol

Curtoise
03-03-09, 09:55 PM
nice one matey, i have had two tomorrow will be my third, i keep forgetting too book my theory up! he thinks i will be thru my test within a month and a half, sounds like ur pretty good then let me kno how the theory goes

Curtoise
03-03-09, 09:56 PM
i found it a little differant going from good to bad brakes light to heavy clutch and an ever ending accelerator

now i have problems driving new stuff at work as the brakes seem so deadlylol

YES YES YES this is the problem i have, its soooo frustrating wen u look like a diked wen u brake sharply by accident, cant get the hang of em

Benn
03-03-09, 09:57 PM
LOL the instructer, said and i quote "It is goin to be hard changing between cars when your learning, mainly because this is a good modern car and your vauxhall nova is rubbish and old"

i was sooo annoyed

Sadly hes right, this is why people should lean in older cars.
As when you pasas you dont have a nice new car with pas and crap brakes (some kids do) When you first try and park in a tight small space with no pas you'll have a c**t of a time.

stevie-p
03-03-09, 09:57 PM
YES YES YES this is the problem i have, its soooo frustrating wen u look like a diked wen u brake sharply by accident, cant get the hang of em

lol i agree im just used to everything being hard and **** now
and having to stamp on the brakes to stop
:thumb:
good luck with the theory and test
its easy you'll pass n.p

CoolTiger
03-03-09, 10:00 PM
at the min my dad is letting me drive around the local industual estate untill im 17 and then ill go out on the proper roads and get some lessons aserll

Curtoise
03-03-09, 10:08 PM
Sadly hes right, this is why people should lean in older cars.
As when you pasas you dont have a nice new car with pas and crap brakes (some kids do) When you first try and park in a tight small space with no pas you'll have a c**t of a time.

yehs thats exactly right, i find the yaris boring and easy, turnings no fun either and it doesnt feel like its connected to the wheels!! Novas are much more fun:thumb:

Curtoise
03-03-09, 10:09 PM
at the min my dad is letting me drive around the local industual estate untill im 17 and then ill go out on the proper roads and get some lessons aserll

yeh my pa did that too, you will be amazed by how much this helps i was

Benn
03-03-09, 10:12 PM
yehs thats exactly right, i find the yaris boring and easy, turnings no fun either and it doesnt feel like its connected to the wheels!! Novas are much more fun:thumb:

Yeah thats why leaners sound be in old cars. So you learn how to park in a tight ass space.

Curtoise
03-03-09, 10:14 PM
yup for example when i got outa my instructers yaris and into ma nova, i nearly hit a parked mazda because i got used to the steering of the yaris, being not having to turn in much

MK999
03-03-09, 11:24 PM
Passed my test in my nova lol

Novaboi_1991
03-03-09, 11:36 PM
srnova89 - had my first lesson today, an he said all i need to work on is approaching junctions!, lol

an some dosey bint run into back of me at roundabout!!!

NathanSRi
03-03-09, 11:44 PM
srnova89 - had my first lesson today, an he said all i need to work on is approaching junctions!, lol

an some dosey bint run into back of me at roundabout!!!
I was wondering how long it's take you to reply on here

mayhem
04-03-09, 02:33 PM
yeh my pa did that too, you will be amazed by how much this helps i was

or not.

i dont know the UK driving lessons, but if you drove a lot before taking lessons, you could up ending with a 'own' driving style, which could be the wrong one when youre going to take lessons.

Curtoise
04-03-09, 04:37 PM
yeh only if your an iddiot lol, just remember not to cross your hands on the wheel and always check mirrors and you will be safe, helped me anyways

mayhem
04-03-09, 04:46 PM
im kinda an idiot then lol

the first time the instructor wanted me to overtake another car... i inmediatly wanted to throw it back in 3rd gear and rev the sh!t out of it lol

Curtoise
04-03-09, 04:56 PM
yeh you make a good point, i do that too, lol you just have to think calmly and not to race about

MK999
04-03-09, 05:00 PM
im kinda an idiot then lol

the first time the instructor wanted me to overtake another car... i inmediatly wanted to throw it back in 3rd gear and rev the sh!t out of it lol

That isn't the best way? Bollocks. :( How the hell else do I overtake anything in a 1.2i? lol

Jack
04-03-09, 05:03 PM
or not.

i dont know the UK driving lessons, but if you drove a lot before taking lessons, you could up ending with a 'own' driving style, which could be the wrong one when youre going to take lessons.
This is true. I still maintain they teach you how to pass a test, not how to drive a car.

That isn't the best way? Bollocks. :( How the hell else do I overtake anything in a 1.2i? lol
Simple. You don't lol

MK999
04-03-09, 05:30 PM
Simple. You don't lol

But it's pretty limited as it is, without revving the nuts off it i'm limited to pedestrians and breakdowns :(

Customsam
04-03-09, 06:52 PM
im learning too, i im ready for my test but my instructor keeps telling me im not when i know i am lol :D

Curtoise
04-03-09, 06:59 PM
lol unlucky, change your instructer

Sonny Jim
04-03-09, 07:09 PM
take their advice its the best way. sometimes they can try to milk it though

Emmy
04-03-09, 07:25 PM
Good luck boys :thumb: