PDA

View Full Version : Toilet thefts

FUSION X16XE
02-03-09, 05:36 PM
A woman visited the toilet in John Lewis at Bluewater and hung her handbag on the back of the toilet door.

As she carried on about her business,a hand suddenly appeared over the top of the stall and grabbed her bag clean off the hook!

She immediatley reported the incident to the head of security, who inturn informed the manager of the store.

A couple of days later she had a call to say her bag had been found,without her purse.She arranged a time to go and meet the manager to collect her things.
On arriving at the John Lewis store at the agreed time,the manager was not expecting her - neither was the head of security - nothing had been found,no one had called.

When the lady got home,her house had been burgled,with no sign of forced entry,the Police believe they had used her Driving License for the address and her keys to let themselves in!
This is real - it isn't just a scaremongering story and many will be so shocked at how complex bag snatching crime has become.

Please be extra vigilant ladies,with the credit crunch there are a lot of desperate criminals out there!!

Sloth
02-03-09, 05:39 PM
jeezus frigging christ!

Mike
02-03-09, 05:39 PM
Why did I never think of doing this.......

Sloth
02-03-09, 05:41 PM
cos you'd stick your head over the top of the door?

Lynsey
02-03-09, 05:48 PM
Fusion- do you work at John Lewis? I was sent this email at work a couple of months back. Great idea!

Mike
02-03-09, 05:50 PM
cos you'd stick your Digi Cam over the top of the door?

:thumb:

FUSION X16XE
02-03-09, 05:53 PM
Fusion- do you work at John Lewis? I was sent this email at work a couple of months back. Great idea!

Names Tom and no i dont, i work for another superstore so im guessing were warning our staff before someone tries it :D

Lynsey
02-03-09, 05:59 PM
Damn, I'm going to have no targets left. STOP these mails!

FUSION X16XE
02-03-09, 06:02 PM
Ow its cool were only warning our staff :) May even make stickers to put above the hooks 'Bag hook, We have placed these here to make your shopping journey even easier' lol

kelbelle
02-03-09, 06:34 PM
I dont need someone to steal it while im there. I always forget i put them there and get them nicked in the time it takes me to realise i dont have them anymore lol

Emmy
02-03-09, 06:36 PM
Its really bad to think even in the toilets your handbag etc are not safe :eek:

Smurf-Xx
02-03-09, 06:48 PM
omg thats crazy, how would they know that youv even hung your bag there... i would be freaked out if I saw a hand appear over the top! lol

matt_vaughan
02-03-09, 07:13 PM
Someone pitch it on Dragons Den.....Theo may be feeling the pinch enough to buy it. lol

Spudly
02-03-09, 07:45 PM
This is why blokes are clever and keep keys and wallets in their pockets lol

Seriously though i can actually see this as being true and although its better that they make sure the owner is out of the house it still sucks major ass!