View Full Version : cars off the road

Smurf-Xx
02-03-09, 01:31 PM
My nova is now off the road, ran out of tax and insurance,
cannot afford to re-insure and fix it :cry: going to miss it lol

anyone else in the same boat?

Shaun_O'Donnell
02-03-09, 01:33 PM
Have sorned mine just due to lack of use.

Smurf-Xx
02-03-09, 01:35 PM
you still drive any other cars? I had to bike to work this morning and omg I am soo unfit! lol

Shaun_O'Donnell
02-03-09, 01:36 PM
Yeah, got a Volvo V40 and just took delivery of a new Honda Jazz yesterday (09').

NOVA_LEE
02-03-09, 01:41 PM
12 days and counting till nova is on road, i have get her taxed an insured all on friday the 13th, im abit unsure yano bein friday the 13th but think it all should be good,

craig green
02-03-09, 01:42 PM
In the ten years I've had my GSi I reckon its been off the road for atleast 7 of them!

Jim Mcrae
02-03-09, 01:47 PM
Yep, cant afford the MOT or insurance, got a nice garage bill soon aswell. Booo!

loggyboy
02-03-09, 01:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing. My tax just expired so its sorned, but the AutoSOLO season starts in 3 weeks and id like to have it ready for then but that may not happen thanks to the gearbox probs. So il end up using the Missus Fiesta ST which ive no idea how competive il be. :(

Saying that its acctually a slight relief (and a large financial one) as due to the fact it was a project that was off the road for a year the insurance, tax and MoT are all due on top of each other. A nigh on £600 one off cost for the privelege of using the car for about 4-5 events and the odd once a month blat when the weathers is good. I could leave it off the road for 2 years and start my project Kit car with the savings!

Lynsey
02-03-09, 04:11 PM
My cars take it in turns. The Nova will be out again in April whilst the Cavalier goes for a rest and hopefully gets all the attention it deserves. After (hopefully) 6 months of good weather, shows and country roads, the Nova will be packed back away and the big boy will rise again. It's actually much easier than having one car because there isn't as much rush to get things done.

Are you selling your car then?

Mike
02-03-09, 04:33 PM
Mines been SORN'ed since September 2007 as I simply cant be @rsed to ever finish building it lol

Jack
02-03-09, 06:00 PM
Both mine taxed, tested and insured and get abused often :D

The Nova will be off the road temporarily soon though

Smurf-Xx
02-03-09, 06:39 PM
I wish i could have two cars like you lynz! yeah i put it up for sale but it wont fetch much so going to sorn it for a few months and try to get some cash together to hopefully do it up ready for summer...

donations welcome lol

Mike
02-03-09, 06:41 PM
I wish i could have two cars like you lynz! yeah i put it up for sale but it wont fetch much so going to sorn it for a few months and try to get some cash together to hopefully do it up ready for summer...

donations welcome lol

I got 3, soon to be 4, wanna buy one lol

Spudly
02-03-09, 08:24 PM
Both mine taxed, tested and insured and get abused often :D

The Nova will be off the road temporarily soon though

Well i hope its going to be back on the road in time for pv though bud!

My cav is resting over the summer months now as she has a few issues and i now have a runabout to play withlol

Sloth
02-03-09, 08:26 PM
how is CYA? all ok still?

Mattman
02-03-09, 08:27 PM
Mine is still sitting in my mates car park after the engine mount snapped and sheared two bolts. Haven't had the money to get it into a garage and don't know of anyone that can fix it as a homer :( Hopefully get it back off this months wage tho :)

Benn
02-03-09, 08:53 PM
Hate my being off the road, dieing to drive it!
But have a list of stuff i'm doing thats stopping me.

AlexW
02-03-09, 09:26 PM
I want mine back on the road, i miss it

Sloth
02-03-09, 09:29 PM
i just wanna drive....

Spudly
02-03-09, 09:31 PM
Well get your re-test booked then you puddin, i leep looking at the cav and thinking hmmm, i miss comfort and leather....

Guess thats just going to be a winter treat then haha:thumb:

Sloth
02-03-09, 09:35 PM
yus, its warm now so use teh nova. you poppin round for a looksee sometime?

Spudly
02-03-09, 09:36 PM
Aye i might do bud, you gonna reply on your wip thread lol