PDA

View Full Version : MK1 ----> MK2

midsnovalad
02-01-03, 02:23 PM
Ive got a Nova 1.4L MK1. I wanna convert it to a MK2. By this i mean having the smaller lights, smaller grill etc... I am going to keep the MK1 dash for now...and my interior is from a GTE. What are the differences between a MK1 and MK2 apart from dash, seats and lights? Are the arches smaller? And will i be able to fit the MK2 lights to my nova?

Thanks for your help lads.

Matt

jon_boy
02-01-03, 03:54 PM
to make the front look like a mk2 you need arches, lights, grill and bumper. and i do believe thats it. i think the arches are slightly wider on a mk2 but also they have a bit that curves round under the lights. hope this helps

Chris LR
02-01-03, 07:32 PM
From the dash back it's the same car, the doors are about 99% the same, the Mk2 ones have more holes.

carltoncrazy
02-01-03, 07:44 PM
the Mk2 ones have more holes.
pitty mk2 girlfriends dont.
micky was the first guy to do this,so maybe a nice PM to him,
there is a guy selling a complete mk2 convesion kit,in white on the 4sale bits

Chris LR
03-01-03, 02:39 PM
The boot locks are different as well.

I think this is how you do it.

1. Remove bumper
2. Remove grill (if not part of bumper)
3. Remove Front indicators, you may have to remove headlights at the same time.
4. Remove headlights if not already done.
5. Pop out side repeaters
6. Unscrew Aerial
7. Unbolt wings

Then go 7 :arrow: 1 with the new parts instead of the old ones!

It's unlikely I've got it right. A Haynes will be useful if you decide to do it.

fo0q
03-01-03, 08:34 PM
Mk2 seatbelts are adjustable [up and down kinda thing] Mk1's aint

if your gonna be changin the front bumper u might aswell get rid of the mk1 rear aswell.

midsnovalad
03-01-03, 11:48 PM
do i need to weld anything? or is it all fitted by bolts?
i am after a full GSi interior does anyone have one for sale?

cheers lads

matt

Chris LR
03-01-03, 11:59 PM
No welding as far I'm aware.

As CC said Pm Micky, I'm sure he won't mind u asking a few questions.

GSi interior change hands all the time on here, take a look in the for sale forum.

cjz_
11-01-03, 11:47 PM
no welding needed mate all just bolted on there. hardest thing to do is to find all of the bolts! theres one under the lower lip on the wing and two on the inside on the mk2's and oviously the ones in the bay.

Tazzy
12-01-03, 05:01 PM
Actually, on my mk1, i went to Vauxhall and told them that i wanted to do a face lift!

they quoted me ?90 per wing, forgot how much it was for the headlamps/indicators and front bumper and grille!

but you can pick up the whole lot for about 200 lizzies, i didnt do the job in the end as the guy at Vaux told me that welding is needed, as the font end of the chassis are different (dont know how if the corsa is the same!)

he siad that i would have to weld in different plates for the screws or summit, and that the screw holes on the mk2 wings are different to the screw fittings on the mk1!

i dunno, but i changed my mind in the end!

Chris LR
12-01-03, 09:29 PM
Vauxhall know about as much as Toyota do about the Nova!

Wings are under ?30
NO WELDING!
The whole lot shouldn't be more than ?150, and anyone with more sense than Vauxhall can do it themselves.

wizz kid
12-01-03, 10:19 PM
vauxhall dont know what they are doing thats why they replaced the nova with the slower and ugly corsa