PDA

View Full Version : track/rally tyres and 4 pot brakes?

greg1.4
01-03-09, 07:33 PM
hi there,

firstly i would like to know what tyres you guys reccomend for track days or tarmac rallying..

i am going to be doing the scottish tarmac rally championship, so i need to buy some decent tyres..

i dont klnow alot about tyres (compounds ect)

can someone give me some advice on what to get as i will need some tyres that grip well on dry and wet conditions. i am willing to buy dry and wet tyres if need be..

i will be running 14'' tyres also..

also is there any 4 pot front brake's that i can fit under 14'' compomotive MO alloys..

i have wilwood calipers on just now and i am struggling to get 14's to go over them.

what 4 pots do you recomend? i aint so sure if i will be going back to wilwood, they seem to be the cheaper 4 pots out there..:thumb:

any help/advice will be great.

thanks

Greg

rallycraig
01-03-09, 07:48 PM
hi, i use yokohama a035 on gravel and 048's on tarmac, swear by them!!!

blue_peg_16v
01-03-09, 09:41 PM
what size discs u running rally designs do a 236 and 256 mm kit 256 would be tight

greg1.4
02-03-09, 06:48 PM
rallycraig, are the yokohama ao48's good on all kidn of tar surfaces? smooth tar ect ect..

i will be doing likes of the jim clark rally, kames, crail ect..i know crail doesn't have the best of tar surfaces so what kind of tyre would be best suited to that?

also what compounds are best to go for? i see the ao48's have a soft and medium..

is there any other tyres you reccomend?

George g
02-03-09, 07:22 PM
The 205 challenge lot only use yoko Tyres and they do alot of tarmac and gravel rally's, including the roger albert clark, twyford and the trackrod!

rallycraig
02-03-09, 08:32 PM
soft and super soft mostly, good on all tarmacs, take a while to warm up on the slippery smooth tarmac. incredible grip in the wet too! tarmacs only last 40-50 miles though, gravels prob two events on the front.

greg1.4
02-03-09, 09:06 PM
thanks craig..

do you rally a nova?

rallycraig
03-03-09, 08:01 PM
i do, had it 9 years now, though it on its 3rd shell!!