PDA

View Full Version : installing my digi dash...HELP!

burgessovsalford
02-01-03, 01:35 PM
I got a set of digi clocks which im trying to install hopefully this year!!

I got a guide that says you need to get a part off a cavalier dash so the clocks will fit into a MK1 dash.

Do you need this part? or is there a way i can get round it & install em wivout it??

neiloakley
02-01-03, 03:30 PM
there are plenty of guides around but easier and quicker to get a mk2 dash.

burgessovsalford
02-01-03, 03:36 PM
that sound like a good idea as i was thinking about getting a mk2 dash.

So will the MK2 dash go straight into my mk1 car & will my clocks fit straight in? :?:

ps. i know... i no fcuk all!!!

neiloakley
02-01-03, 03:39 PM
like i said, there are guides around written for the conversion so read them. But you will need to know how to use a soldering iron and the dash WILL fit straight in despite what people say about needing a new heater matrix and shit like that.

jon_boy
02-01-03, 03:43 PM
dont even need a soldering iron. just some wire cutters and some wire connectors ie bullet connectors. other wise its easy to put into a mk2 dash. take out the old one connect the wires from the dash to the ones that went to the old dash and put it in. putting in is a bit fiddly but u'll get there. and all the wires are colour coded. i dont know much either mate but i done mine in about a day. also a speed sender has to be put on the gear box. thats only a few screws then run the wires through to the inside of teh car.

burgessovsalford
02-01-03, 04:33 PM
anyone got any links to these guides, cos the only one I can find is the one where you need the cavalier surroundings....

neiloakley
02-01-03, 04:58 PM
http://www.perpetualbliss.net/how-to-Mk2-dash.htm
http://www.perpetualbliss.net/how-to-digi-dash1.htm

Aragorn
02-01-03, 05:03 PM
um well instead of looking for a combined guide, look for a guide to convert a mk1 to a mk2 dash then apply the standard digidash fitting guide to the mk2 dash

as for the wiring its a piece of piss, i took a tap off the existing distance frequency transmitter for the SPi unit and luckily it uses the same pulse count as the 8v digidash uses

i had to run a wire to the coil for the tacho as i couldnt find the one that was supposed to be behind the dash

the guide shows u everything else

try www.guidelinker.com for a installation guide if you need one

mikeoxford
02-01-03, 09:19 PM
:| aragorns post was suppost to say

nova-land.com not guidelinker - it was at a time when nova-land appeared in the swear table for a short time :roll: sob :cry:

Aragorn
02-01-03, 09:20 PM
yup

duh :oops: