PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mods

Anonymous
16-11-00, 01:21 PM
I'm looking at getting a nova GSI and want to modify the engine to get more power but i don't want to pay extra on the insurance. I don't mind declaring a K&N induction kit, but what else can i do that the insurance company won't realise and what performance Increase can i expect? I've heard that performance cams and modified heads would not be noticeable. Is this true? and are there any other mods you can think of.

Cheers

Fenix

Anonymous
16-11-00, 03:38 PM
Your right, there not noticeable, till you wrap it round a tree and the insurance company looks under your bonnet and says you lying little ba*@ard !!!!! your bolloxed then !

Anonymous
16-11-00, 04:54 PM
But surely if it's mod within the engine they won't notice. Fair enough when they say ooh look at that power boost valve and those twin carbs, completetly visible when you lift the bonnet. But they wouldn't notice performance cams and a reworked head would they?

Anonymous
16-11-00, 05:07 PM
no they won't notice unless u happend 2 be goin at a ton odds and then crash cause thay will think....hey that car shouln't do those kinda speeds....doh caught, hey m8 if u put them in and u can't see a diffrence then do it

Anonymous
16-11-00, 08:42 PM
Worst thing is when they cant look under the bonnet cos the car is sooo smashed up... then your DEAD! literally