PDA

View Full Version : urgent help needed!!

sulphur
01-03-09, 12:40 PM
Right, I 'NEED' the car for work tomorrow, so I was checking the brakes were good 'cos there's alot of travel in the pedal. All pads fine, discs are ok (drilled n grooved but a bit worn), and calipers seemed ok. So figured they needed bleeding. I've bled the drivers side, all good. Bled the pass side, and no fluid will come out, just air bubbles. Now I know I should keep pumping the pedal till fluid comes out, but its been over an hour of pumping now. lol
Thought it might be ok, so took for a test down the road and now I've no brakes at all.

WTF is up with my P.O.S?:cry:

Gareth87
01-03-09, 12:46 PM
hmm, happened to a mate corsa,

MC was fubbard!

sulphur
01-03-09, 12:48 PM
before bleeding them, the right side was working perfectly, the pass side caliper didn't want to do anything atall. I was thinking the caliper was buggered..maybe? no?:(

sulphur
01-03-09, 01:03 PM
Anyone? :(

sulphur
01-03-09, 01:34 PM
Right, through reading up i think my servo has gone. (the black round bit) How do I get this off without breaking the copper pipes going into the other bit?

AlexW
01-03-09, 01:55 PM
The servo wont affect the bleeding. It just helps you push the pedal. Sounds like a buggerd MC

sulphur
01-03-09, 03:24 PM
Haha, found the problem. Calipers were on upside down. :( All sorted:D

stevie-p
01-03-09, 03:25 PM
lol

sulphur
01-03-09, 03:30 PM
For the record, I never put them on. They were on when I bought the car. Just annoys me that I've been driving around for so long with them buggered like that..

mowgli
01-03-09, 04:03 PM
Haha, found the problem. Calipers were on upside down. :( All sorted:D

my old boss did that on a scimitar he rebuilt... wasn't that funny apart from the fact that the company sold brake products