PDA

View Full Version : Tracking..

sulphur
28-02-09, 11:34 PM
Desperatley need my tracking doing as I'll be using the shed again on monday. Anyone know anywhere other than Kwik-s-hit that's open on a sunday? In the bolton/manchester area. Not arsed who as long as I can get the tracking done, but don't fancy Kwik-s-hit pointing out all the faults on my shed. :(

meritlover
28-02-09, 11:36 PM
use some string and a steel rule.

sulphur
01-03-09, 03:31 PM
Just went to get it done, and kwik-fit said they can't do it 'cos my car's too low. Can't sit the guages ontop the tyres, cos they're tucked under the arch. Anyone know anywhere that does it by mountin cameras or something onto the wheels?

Ash
01-03-09, 04:51 PM
you need a place that does laser tracking. Unfortunalty I don't know any where 'round Bolton

sulphur
02-03-09, 06:51 PM
Kwik-fit do laser tracking, but he said it's too low 'cos he needs to sit guages ontop of the tyres, then line them in. but the back ones are tucked in the arch.

I was thinkin of fitting -40 springs, instead of the -80 i have, getting the tracking done, then fitting the -80s back...but thats defeating the point.

How do I get it done?

adam c
02-03-09, 06:59 PM
you can get it aligned using a computer and cameras(olly H had it done)go on:www.alignmycar.co.uk

they are one of the best types and very very accurate.they use cameras bolted onto the wheel.