PDA

View Full Version : I don't want 2buy any goods from Zimbabwe

ednovasr2
28-02-09, 08:18 PM
people being killed for farms that have been in familes for years and handed down shot and killed because of a racists & currupt president. Hope all supermarkets etc....stop buying from that country! :mad:

That will hit em where it hurts!lol

mowgli
28-02-09, 08:22 PM
so tell us all just what products are being imported from that country, where the white farmers were driven off the land for political gain, leaving absolutely no food production, the economy is in tatters, the systems are failing..... and the chinese have rights to all of the mineral resourses...........

Jim Mcrae
28-02-09, 08:22 PM
Yeah Africas ****ed, Robert Mugabe is a really dangerous man and people here moan about Gordon Brown!

ednovasr2
28-02-09, 08:39 PM
how the feck do I know what all the goods are (what is your problem?).

Just looking round the supermarket today fruit n veg mainly. Just don't want a peeny of my cash going there while he's still alive n has some sort of crap politicle bullies running the place.

mowgli
28-02-09, 10:00 PM
how the feck do I know what all the goods are (what is your problem?).

Just looking round the supermarket today fruit n veg mainly. Just don't want a peeny of my cash going there while he's still alive n has some sort of crap politicle bullies running the place.

my problem is that we read the food labels, but you see, the problem is that if the stuff gets shipped in bulk to anywhere else in the world, & it gets something done to it, even packaged, and it gets new labelling you will never know where its original source is......but I imagine that nothing gets exported from there at the moment

Zimbabwe was once the best food producer in all of africa. now it is the worst. it has been bad since zanu pf realised they couldn't hold onto power by legitimate means.

a lot of white farmers actually ended up in Nigeria cos their government gave them really good incentive s to go , so they could set up a decent farming industry.

Stuart
28-02-09, 10:03 PM
Tbh I dont give a flying fcuk where my food/stuff comes from, aslong as its cheap :D It could be stolen from the mouths of children outside of the UK for all I care lol

mowgli
28-02-09, 10:10 PM
stuart, once that rugrat gets off the knocker, your missus will make damned sure that you know just what ethical source the stuff has to come from..

my missus is quite religious & keeps going on about fairtrade non exploited stuff, we had a row in asda when I tried to explain that silver spoon sugar was made near newark, & no-one was exploited.....

stupot89
01-03-09, 01:30 AM
take it u lost the argument then

Stuart
01-03-09, 08:48 AM
stuart, once that rugrat gets off the knocker, your missus will make damned sure that you know just what ethical source the stuff has to come from..

my missus is quite religious & keeps going on about fairtrade non exploited stuff, we had a row in asda when I tried to explain that silver spoon sugar was made near newark, & no-one was exploited.....

We wont :D Carly understands that its a load of old BS, she might push for organic but thats about it. I'll simply goto the local farm shop and get stuff from there as its "natural" rather than marketed as organic

mowgli
01-03-09, 04:31 PM
take it u lost the argument then

I won actually, she uses splenda anyway.....

mowgli
01-03-09, 04:33 PM
meanwhile, back at the thread.......................

mr mugabe celebrated his 85th birthday by vowing to kick out the rest of the white farmers, and his supporters blew $250k on the party.........

Sloth
01-03-09, 04:51 PM
i forsee this...

afghanistan, iraq, zimbabwe.....

but in all fairness, it is a good reason to invade.

mowgli
01-03-09, 04:52 PM
i forsee this...

afghanistan, iraq, zimbabwe.....

but in all fairness, it is a good reason to invade.
there won't be an invasion for 2 reasons, they haven't upset america & most of the population are black & not those crazy A-rabs

Sloth
01-03-09, 04:56 PM
ah but the UN is unhappy, and they like the uk "helping" them do things. another kosovo perhaps. there again if its a vendetta against corrupt rulers, gordon brown should shoot himself......

mowgli
01-03-09, 07:57 PM
corrupt is not the same as incompetent

kelbelle
01-03-09, 08:16 PM
I find it hard to understand how he can be allowed to get away with it. Isnt there some legislation or something that will allow us to intervene?

meritlover
01-03-09, 08:41 PM
I find it hard to understand how he can be allowed to get away with it. Isnt there some legislation or something that will allow us to intervene?
there is no oil there, so why get upset about it?

Stuart
01-03-09, 09:32 PM

You are George Bush's daughter lol.

"we" cant just go round policing the world against those who we think are assholes inside their own borders

Sloth
01-03-09, 09:36 PM

"we" cant just go round policing the world against those who we think are assholes inside their own borders

yes we can, were british!

who cares he'll be dead soon, and we can invade another country for no reason. i think france....lol

Stuart
01-03-09, 09:46 PM
i think france....lol

you can do that on your own.... Bunch of stinky assed surrender monkeys, who the hell wants that place

Sloth
01-03-09, 09:47 PM
i do. good wine, cheese, and birds. plus it would be funny to see what germany did....

Stuart
01-03-09, 09:49 PM
The french dont make good wine though lol

Sloth
01-03-09, 09:58 PM
it gets ya pissed so its good matey!

Jack
01-03-09, 11:32 PM
The french dont make good wine though lol
+rep

ah but the UN is unhappy, and they like the uk "helping" them do things. another kosovo perhaps. there again if its a vendetta against corrupt rulers, gordon brown should shoot himself......
The UN has been "unhappy" with Mugabe for years. Anyways, the UN is a complete joke.

What would we do anyway? Invade and then what? Set up a puppet government and end up with small bands of guerrilla activists doing exactly what they did a few years back (i.e. burning "white" farms)? Make a martyr out of Mugabe? Why do you think they didn't kill Hussein the first time round...

people being killed for farms that have been in familes for years and handed down shot and killed because of a racists & currupt president. Hope all supermarkets etc....stop buying from that country! :mad:

That will hit em where it hurts!lol
No, really, walk into any supermarket and find me ONE product that came from Zimbabwe. There's no people being killed for farms any more as they are no farms left!

J4MES
02-03-09, 02:27 AM
My friend's parents were one of the many white Zimbabwian farmers to have their farms 'reclaimed' by the government and then distributed out to Mugabe's supporters- who had no clue how to farm.

Him and his parents had to move over here with only 2 suitcases each as they were only given 12 hours notice to move out or be forced out.

Re: RazorJack's comment:

Zimbabwe used to be the most productive of African countries, now however its mainly subsistance farming, by people just trying to survive.

Jack
02-03-09, 07:59 AM
Re: RazorJack's comment:

Zimbabwe used to be the most productive of African countries, now however its mainly subsistance farming, by people just trying to survive.
Yup, my comment about finding produce from there was present tense. Tis a shame, as you say previously they were a relatively productive and rich country

ednovasr2
02-03-09, 03:13 PM
Oh thats a very good point mowgli, I think I do the farmshop route from now on too! At least it's local and if not got wot I wont I'll just change wot I eat that week. Simples

Now if only I could buy t-shirts made in the UK I'd be happy, my sofa was but everything sle is chaina. Bought some glasses today that were made in England which was nice.

Jack
02-03-09, 03:16 PM
Blame consumerism. Most people will just buy whatever is cheapest, regardless of origin.

kelbelle
02-03-09, 03:22 PM

Call me naive but huh?
You mean because Bush invades everything??

ednovasr2
02-03-09, 03:36 PM
ture if people continue to buy the cheapest all the time then will all be fooked soon and eating grain N feed like animals! LOL

Sloth
02-03-09, 03:46 PM
ture if people continue to buy the cheapest all the time then will all be fooked soon and eating grain N feed like zimbabweans! LOL

edited for ya!lol

ednovasr2
02-03-09, 03:49 PM
Lol LMAO, oh **** I can't breath LOL