PDA

View Full Version : Engine loom

novanova636
27-02-09, 08:05 PM
Hi all i have fitted a 1600 8v GSI engine into my 1200 spi. Having abit of trouble with figuring out the loom side of things.

I am looking at buying this loom, Its obviously the injector part and other bits.

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt318/novanovanova636/DSC00025.jpg

Can i use this loom with the one i already have in the car. The one for the 1200spi?

If so where/how do i connect it to?

Cheers Dave

mowgli
27-02-09, 09:49 PM
you need to install the whole engine loom that should come with the engine. the ecu, ignition module, coil, and loads of sensors need to be connected.

the engine loom then needs the following wires connecting

big red - battery

black - ignition on.

red/blue - fuel pump

brown/yellow (I think) - ecu light on dash

all the other wires for the starting , charging, dash warning gauges/lights get reused off the original loom.

you will need the mpi fuel pump as well

novanova636
27-02-09, 10:03 PM
Sorry to be a plank. Does that look like the whole engine loom? I have the ecu with the engine but the loom i got had been hacked to bits. Where does the engine loom connect to the original loom? Also what is the mpi fuel pump?

mowgli
27-02-09, 10:11 PM
the mpi engine only needs the above wires connecting to your existing car loom. if you open up you original engine loom near the multiplug, you can split out the wires. it will be a bit fiddly, but it is actually quite straightforward.

novanova636
27-02-09, 10:15 PM
mpi = multi point injection? Will the mpi fuel pump be a straight swop with the 1.2spi one? Where is the multiplug?

Sloth
27-02-09, 10:41 PM
if you use the astra in tank pump, yes. i personally cut all of the spi loom out, and start a fresh but its up to you

novanova636
27-02-09, 10:45 PM
im really bad with wiring so dont really have a clue. So i can use the fuel pump from a mpi astra? Can i use the relay from my 1200spi?

Sloth
27-02-09, 11:20 PM
yes astra mpi pump dude mk3 btw. id take ya glove box out, undo your ecu, cut the wires from the plugs, and pull em through into the engine bay. then trim it all down. the dash light feeds will be left and a few positives. then wire in the gte loom using them wires.

novanova636
28-02-09, 02:43 PM
ah i see. and i will need to use the wires that were said above from where my old ecu plugs into?