PDA

View Full Version : Digi dash Part!!

leggattr
27-02-09, 07:44 PM
Il try to explain it. its the webbed copper locking circuit in the blue lament seal which clips on to the back of the dash and makes the connections to the bulbs, hope you understand. mine had a break in the connection and when i tried to connect it, it burned and broke in another place.
im desperate for this if anybody has an old scrapped dash or a spare please let me know.
its off a tick rev counter type if it makes a difference.
cheers
richard

saloonwoody
27-02-09, 08:17 PM
better if you can post a pic of wot your after ?

brainsnova
27-02-09, 08:20 PM
seen as yours is fooked try scraping back the plastic cover near the split and solder a wire across the split.

AlexW
27-02-09, 08:26 PM
One here i think. Not in great nick but not so bad.

leggattr
27-02-09, 08:26 PM
http://i19.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/35/9b/ee4a_1.JPG

This is it. it just unclips from the back. i tried connecting a wire but started burning. best way is to see if anybody has a broken or spare dash with this still working.

saloonwoody
27-02-09, 08:34 PM
iv got one but think its the arc rev counter ?

and if its burning r u sure its not a prob somewhere else ?

leggattr
27-02-09, 08:43 PM
I dont know if the type of rev counter makes a difference. this picture is off the bay ( dont know what type tho) but mine looks the same. i think it burned due to a bodged connection i tried making. it is only because it was broken by the left indicator light. i got afew new bulbs yesterday but it wasnt that . then noticed the brake in the wire.

Lee H
27-02-09, 09:06 PM
Type of rev counter doesn't matter. That blue printed part is just for the warning lights along the bottom of the dash. Digi part runs off the circuit board inside the dash.