PDA

View Full Version : Redundancy Battle to the death...

chimp007_uk
27-02-09, 02:58 PM
Got told this week that, bridgestone's profit dropped 92% last year... They still made a profit mind!

Anywho, they sat the 4 new guys (me included) down and said basically 2 of us are going... We've got 2 weeks to prove ourselves while we're testing in Spain...

Wooooooohhooooooo :cry: :mad: :(

So, as of 3weeks I could well be jobless and with no payout. Good times... Part of me wishes I'd have stayed at Aston lol Hinsight is a lovely thing.

I know there's a few people atm that are out of work, I was out of a job for 6months before I worke at JLR.

Thats my rant over!

Pistol Pete
27-02-09, 03:00 PM
If you stay happy days. Ass kissing FTW lol

If you go, it will be a good experience you have had in a short time and it will look good on your CV. Try to take the positives out of situations like these.

chimp007_uk
27-02-09, 03:06 PM
cheers...

It's frustrating, as Honda are now coming back and that was originally the big thing as to why. But it comes down to Japs cash in thei pockets lol

I've built up a good cv over the past year and a bit, JLR, Aston Martin and now Bridgestone Motorsport. However, with the current climate, this could well be my career scuppered as I'm not goign to find anoher motorsport or automitive engineering job with all the other redundacies about...

C'est la vie, I guess things are never as bad as they seem...

Cheers!

Pistol Pete
27-02-09, 03:07 PM
Honda. Coming back? Really??! Happy days...

Good luck with whatever happens though.

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 03:30 PM
good then luck matey! at least your not one of the mini workers!

Stuart
27-02-09, 05:06 PM
Merc HPE seem to be gagging for people at the moment...

Jack
27-02-09, 08:34 PM
Grab me some tyres on your way out please

mowgli
27-02-09, 08:50 PM
downturn be bollocksed, its cos of the in season testing ban, they simply won't need that many technicians... the race teams still need the same number of techs, and as honda is now back in, they need 2 more...

draper
27-02-09, 08:51 PM
I've built up a good cv over the past year and a bit, JLR, Aston Martin and now Bridgestone Motorsport.

3 jobs in a year is a good CV lol

at least you wont have room for your hobbies at the bottom ;)

dj_wudgey
28-02-09, 02:03 PM
well hoep you manage to keep your job dude!!!