PDA

View Full Version : plz, please avoid Esure insurance company

ednovasr2
27-02-09, 02:37 PM
Avoid Esure insurance company at all costs! 12days & still no payout policy says settled within 2days of write off!

I'm still without a car or cash to buy another one and can't get the kids to and from school, to and from clubs or even get the shopping etc....

They are rubbish, not worth the money or savings if when you make a claim they go back on everything that is stated in the booklet!

Pistol Pete
27-02-09, 03:04 PM
I take it you have rung them and enquired? How come you didnt get a courtesy car?

ednovasr2
27-02-09, 03:13 PM
I take it you have rung them and enquired? How come you didnt get a courtesy car?

If you read most insurance bookelts (not sure I ever have in the past) they all state when a car is written off you get nout! if was being repaired then I'd have one within 48hours of incident. But when writen off they dont give you jack!:mad:

Bell insurance how ever give you a car wot ever happens untill the cheque lands through your door!
:thumb:

raymond
27-02-09, 03:39 PM
oh bugger my other half has just taken a policy out with them

she better not have a bump and she can change again next year

Mattman
27-02-09, 03:58 PM
12days & still no payout policy says settled within 2days of write off!

Not strictly true mate. I agree 12 days is more than long enough to wait but they do state in their policy:

" If we confirm that it can't be repaired, we will call you to discuss and agree a valuation, within 2 working days."

Have they given you an agreed valuation yet if so they shoud have asked for the following documents

"If your car is a write-off / total loss and we have agreed settlement, we will issue a payment within 5 working days. You will need to send us the documentation listed"

Vehicle Registration Document (Log Book)
Current MOT Certificate (if applicable)
Service documents
Current Certificate of Motor Insurance
Details of any finance agreements (if applicable)
Please contact the Finance Company to authorise them to discuss settlement with us.
Copy of your Driving Licence (photo card and paper section)
Original purchase receipt
All keysIf they have or haven't agreed a valuation with you yet i would get on the phone and get one and a payout date. remember and get the "phone monkey's" name and extension number and note the time of your call.

Adam
27-02-09, 04:16 PM
Im still waiting for my insurance payout from DirectLine, been over 3weeks now.................................

Andy
27-02-09, 04:19 PM
Its annoying,they are quite happy to take your money when they state but when its the other way round its a different story.I had to wait 2 months for a cancellation fee to be refunded into my account.

Pistol Pete
27-02-09, 04:48 PM
12days & still no payout policy says settled within 2days of write off

they all state when a car is written off you get nout

:confused:

Shaun_O'Donnell
28-02-09, 06:49 AM
I hope you're not going to accept the first offer?

It took 4 weeks after my accident for the finalised settlement (wasn't with esure), agreed that if it's written off, no courtesy car.

ednovasr2
28-02-09, 04:53 PM
Not strictly true mate. I agree 12 days is more than long enough to wait but they do state in their policy:

" If we confirm that it can't be repaired, we will call you to discuss and agree a valuation, within 2 working days."

Have they given you an agreed valuation yet if so they shoud have asked for the following documents

"If your car is a write-off / total loss and we have agreed settlement, we will issue a payment within 5 working days. You will need to send us the documentation listed"
Vehicle Registration Document (Log Book)
Current MOT Certificate (if applicable)
Service documents
Current Certificate of Motor Insurance
Details of any finance agreements (if applicable)
Please contact the Finance Company to authorise them to discuss settlement with us.
Copy of your Driving Licence (photo card and paper section)
Original purchase receipt
All keysIf they have or haven't agreed a valuation with you yet i would get on the phone and get one and a payout date. remember and get the "phone monkey's" name and extension number and note the time of your call.
They've not rung me once I keep ring twice a day since it happend to get it sorted. The enginner is too busy to speak to me etc....it's all crap a phone call to agree value takes about five mins then I'd send off all my doc's to them. I not send stuff first so they can own the car and still not give me wot the car is worth.
They ARE breaking their policy! Takes the piss Bell insurance all the way neibourghs sorted with a week with car till cheque got to his door!:thumb:

Defo not taking the first offer!

My mate has just closed his body shop due to directline and tesco not paying their bills (they have 14 days then changed to 32 now want 120 & a 12% discounts for paying on time) means his cash flow is nill & not worth staying open as can't pay his staff, bills or rent! Big company's are gits!

ade
01-03-09, 01:18 PM
I WORK FOR ESURE CAR INSURANCE

It really annoys me when people come on here and give it "I HATE BLAH BLAH BLAH - avoid at all costs" without giving ALL the facts. What was the nature of the claim?

Were you at fault?
Is the other driver contesting liability?

Are you working for Bell insurance because you seem to love them?!?

They've not rung me once I keep ring twice a day since it happend to get it sorted. The enginner is too busy to speak to me etc....it's all crap a phone call to agree value takes about five mins then I'd send off all my doc's to them. I not send stuff first so they can own the car and still not give me wot the car is worth.
The engineers arent employed by esure - theyre employed by the body shop that your car was taken to. They will assess the damage and report back at which point you will usually be sent a text message with an update. I find it odd that you say theyre too busy to speak to you - have you actually got through or are you on hold?

A valuation is based on several factors and not what you "think" your car is worth. Valuations are taken from Parkers and Glass guides as well as the state of the car - mileage, condition etc. I'd be surprised if anyone accepted their 1st valuation - however dont just reject is because you "think" the cars worth more - yhou need to prove it. A company like esure (and any major uk insurer) will require you to provide proof of similar models of the same age/mileage and a price that is the "trade" price - ie it doesnt include the garage mark up.

They ARE breaking their policy! I find this very hard to believe. All insurance companies are coverned by the FSA and have strict compliance codes. You'd need to be very specific about where in the policy booklet you feel they have broken the terms of their agreement with you.

As stated above the claim wont be paid out until you've returned all documentation (tax, keys, certificate etc). This helps prevent "ringing" where docs suddenly go missing and another car appears onthe road with the old ones detials...happens alot.

A courtesy car is NOT given in the event of a write off simply because a write off can have so many complications. To cover a courtesy car on a policy is uber expensive. Esure are one of the few copmpanies that will give a free courtesy car in the event of a claim - however if written off you wont get one.

The policy booklet is also meant to be read in conjunction with your policy documents at it contains sspecific information relating to your policy and claims - you are given 14 days cooling off where if you find the details do not meet your requirements you can cancel and get a full refund (distance selling regulations).

My wife ploughed her Sorento into a ditch back in October and Esure have only just paid out. However the car was written off within 72 hours. The delay was nothing to do with esure but the problem was esure couldnt pay out because the Gap Insurance company for KIA refused to agree a valuation figure. It was only after esure met them half way thet it was settled.

For reference people you might all want to read your policy booklets - you'd be surprised what you "presumed" you get but in fact dont.

Not all insurers are the same...

Ade

Hobbit
01-03-09, 02:10 PM
On the courtesy car front, when i had my car written off and i Wasn't at fault, i found a company that hired me a car then claimed the money back off the other guys insurance.

Was so long ago i cant remember the company.

ade
01-03-09, 02:11 PM
some insurers have arrangements for this - if its non fault you can normally claim it back from the 3rd party or alternatively if you have legal protection cover you can claim it through this...

ednovasr2
02-03-09, 03:33 PM
my car was vandelised but every just says it's cause of the snow, dont have policies in place if they dont apply when you get a bit busy!

I have rubbish service from Esure and will never use them again. No I do not work for Bell, my next door neighbours is with bell and was all sorted in 2weeks from time of accident. both our cars were taken to the same body shop for esitimates. The engineer is scottish and DOES work for Esure.

Price after yet another phone call to them made by me, they've offered a trade price and not retail so will cost me nearly another £1k to replace the same after buying it just 6 months ago.
Compleat rubbish service and have writen to the governing body of insurance reg's.

The insurance we have to have buy law is very expensive 3rd highest out going in my familys bills. So fork out £7 per day on a hire car (price to the insurance company,some get it for £30 per week) seems more than fair to me!

I've just worked out sank over £22k in premiums into the idustry drunig my driving life and fist every claim I've had to make!

Nick
02-03-09, 06:34 PM
Well to be fair. Driving a nova with some cash spanked on it - you've really got to get an agreed value if you want your money back in a write-off incident.

Bubba
02-03-09, 07:10 PM
i think my mates car was only agreed at a high value because he proved that if he broke the car for spares he could make a lot of money on it, and the fact he could prove the parts were on it he got an agreed price when he took the policy out

Benn
02-03-09, 08:57 PM
Mine took about 6months to come thru, 12days? Your joking yeah?

ednovasr2
04-03-09, 01:58 AM
Mine took about 6months to come thru, 12days? Your joking yeah?

foooooook me I would of been strainght down the courts!

Been offered a poor amount (couoldn't buy another the same for that amount ie replace for like for like) for the car but still gona make money on it as bought it from a chap who was despirate for cash (right place and time).
Still not taking the first offer would mean tho if they dont give me no more dolla that have been paid to drive a 53 plate car for 7 months for £600 not bad eh....lol

Ben
04-03-09, 02:26 AM
As stated above the claim wont be paid out until you've returned all documentation (tax, keys, certificate etc). This helps prevent "ringing" where docs suddenly go missing and another car appears onthe road with the old ones detials...happens alot.

I appreciate the reason for this but the insurance company happily resale the car through salvage dealers and then dont pass on the service history, spare keys etc to the new owner. Which is completly unfair, the insurance company no longer own the car but insist on storing the documents (or destroying them) where they could be kept with the car.

I have bought hundreds of salvage cars from insurance companies and spent hours and hours on the phone to them begging for them to release the service history and to be honest the only company i have found that do this time after time are the Admiral group.

The insurance companies seem to realise that any car that is sold with service history etc demands a higher price (hence why if you have it they offer a higher rate), the same thing would happen with them, if they kept the documents with the car they would demand a higher price as salvage.

I bought my current car a 2005 Mondeo TDCi, it was very light flood damage, started and drove, managed to find the dealer who dealt with the car and the car has unblemished service history from new with them but due to the data protection act wont re issue me with a set, and can i find the insurance company who have all th relevant documents can i ****.

Sorry for the rant but just annoys the **** out of me!