PDA

View Full Version : Welding Prices

General Lee
27-02-09, 10:36 AM
Hi,

Just been paid and wondering what im looking at to get a 6 point rollcage welded into my nova? I already have the plates and surfaces are preped so it's just literally the welding.

Thanks
Nath

brainsnova
27-02-09, 10:45 AM
possibly £20 an hour. so not too much.

burgo
27-02-09, 02:14 PM
put a post in your regional forum and see if someone fancies earning some beer tokens. id help you if i could so im sure someone else would

Pistol Pete
27-02-09, 02:28 PM
Dar's brother sorted the welding on Ernies new Stick. That might be an option?

General Lee
27-02-09, 03:35 PM
put a post in your regional forum and see if someone fancies earning some beer tokens. id help you if i could so im sure someone else would

thanks burgo, best option i think. I have dar bro's number actually, have to give him a call in the near future.

Mike
27-02-09, 03:38 PM
A call out welder will charge (as said) anything from £20 p/h all the way upto £50. A good welder should be able to fit a 6 pointer within a 2 hours IMO providing the interior trim is already out his/her way (timescale taking into account any eventuallitys etc)

EDIT: Actually could be a bit longer dependant if the cage is a pre welded together OMP stylee item, or wether its a Custom Cage, IE, a pile of pipe lol

General Lee
27-02-09, 04:28 PM
Yeah everything will be done before they arrive, so it's litterally just welding, and it's a safty devices 6 point cage.

Ernie
27-02-09, 06:26 PM
Hi Nath if you need it done i would speak to Lee (Dars bro) as he did a top notch job on mine and was very fair with the price.Also he did mine all over christmas so he can be very flexible.
If you needed a lift back from there just pop into mine on your way through and i will follow you down and give you a lift back if he needs it over a weekend.

GRUNT 16V
27-02-09, 10:15 PM
If Only You Were Closer !!!!!

BRoadGhost
28-02-09, 10:27 AM
Depends on a lot of things but imo a proper six point cage "pile of pipes" no tags single diagonals would be £250 - £300 done right assuming all rdy to weld.