PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hear about Blairs new year speech - Im worried!!!

MattyWoo
01-01-03, 06:30 PM
As the subject really, is anyone else rather worried about what is going on etc.

He's warning of difficult and dangerous times for the country, "I cannot recall a time when Britain was confronted, simultaneously, by such a range of difficult and, in some cases, dangerous problems," he said.
What is goin on!!! i'm seriously quite worried about the whole thing, i reckon he's too far up george bush's arse to realise that bush is a nutter.

Will
01-01-03, 06:48 PM
no matt im the nutter, lol

wisewood
01-01-03, 08:09 PM
I think your right, a lot of people just seem to think it's something "happening over there" that won't affect us. Don't be too sure!!!!!!!!!!! As for Blair, is he up Bushes a**e or the only world leader able to put the reigns on him and make him work through the U.N. I hope it's the latter? All I know is the situation is more serious than a lot of people seem to believe.

( I'm Wisewoods mate, he's reading a book to my 2 year old, that's spoilt his street cred, sorry Wisewood!!!!!!!!!!)

Chris LR
01-01-03, 09:46 PM
This is gonna sound like complete shit but........

I don't mind fighting for my country, but if Blair starts the fight he can forget about me!

wisewood
01-01-03, 09:52 PM
Chris - the man is the leader of our nation, if he says you go to war, you go to war... you have no choice, unless you want to spend some time with "Big Ramone" in the showers for a good few years. :lol:

Chris LR
01-01-03, 09:54 PM
It's a big country, and I'm a small person!

wisewood
01-01-03, 09:58 PM
lol - you may be small - but all hands on deck means all hands... small, large and deformed mate.

We get a WW2 style call up - if you say no... you will be in big trouble.
and will not win too much respect from many people i think.

Anton
01-01-03, 10:00 PM
i'm with chris, id hide like the big girls blouse i am

Chris LR
01-01-03, 10:05 PM
Nah, nothing like WW2 will happen, these days it goes a little something like this.

1 man presses 1 button, sends 1 missle to Iraq and kills 1,000,000 people.

If that doesn't work we send in the secret weapon, 'The British Female!'

The End

wisewood
01-01-03, 10:06 PM
dont get me wrong - i am not too keen on the thought of running around the desert myself but if called upon i would do it.

Chris LR
01-01-03, 10:13 PM
Its Warmer I suppose.
It can't be too much different from painball?
I might get a tan?
Are they letting women and men fight side by side yet?
I could drive tanks!

I'll be first!

Anton
01-01-03, 10:14 PM
just think of saving private ryan :|

Chris LR
01-01-03, 10:19 PM
Yeah but they were American............
They only took part in WW2 to make up the numbers

wisewood
01-01-03, 10:20 PM
Imagine the beach landing from saving private ryan - with better guns, which fire faster, better grenades which will rip you to pieces... and some lovely chemicals floating past you - or perhaps some ultra nice micro biological sh*t like anthrax or small pox.

Not very pleasant... so not that much fun really Chris is it?
although you are right - you may get to drive a tank... which then of course make you a prime target for heavy artillary fire. :D

Anton
01-01-03, 10:37 PM
LMFAO

MattyWoo
01-01-03, 10:45 PM
why is it the terrible twosome of Anton and Chris_Sr manage to take every post off topic!!!! damn you people!!! :evil: lol

mikeoxford
01-01-03, 10:49 PM
you know i think i would be a bit of a sissy too.

do you think we could get called up??

i may try and hide.

but i duno - i do enjoy paint ball.

if it was fighting like a man, maybe with the assistance of a gun or similar then fine, but all this biological shit n that - to be fair it scares the shit outta me.

these terrorist people who do them bombings with them strapped to themselves - where do they get the bottle to be suicide bombers?

i duno where it may start or where it may end. lets just hope that we all get along nicely :D or we move planets or something and join the aliens 0X

Anton
01-01-03, 10:49 PM
don't start it again matty! it was chris_sr's fault

Masi
02-01-03, 02:26 AM
Ditto Micky, love to fire off a MA41 Colt or DE .50 :p

But most of this shit will be faught via Planes bombing and missles launched from Sea. Worse thing is if we war N.Korea, as the are crazy, bye bye world :x

Nova1.6
02-01-03, 12:46 PM
nothing is going to happen, leannes brother is in the army so ill let him fight for me :lol:

I dont really care.

wisewood
02-01-03, 12:51 PM
But most of this s**t will be faught via Planes bombing and missles launched from Sea

but the weapons are useless without ground support lasing the targets... laser guided bombs and missiles still need something to aim at - and what they aim at are laser points targeted by ground troops.

Alex
02-01-03, 01:00 PM
yes but they are special forces. Can't see the country calling up say Sheep dip(sorry mate) and saying 'here is a device go find the building 50 miles into enemy teritory and point it out for us mate' all on his first day.

wisewood
02-01-03, 01:10 PM
yes but they are special forces. Can't see the country calling up say Sheep dip(sorry mate) and saying 'here is a device go find the building 50 miles into enemy teritory and point it out for us mate' all on his first day.

good point - they'd use someone smaller and easier to hide - like say err... oh yeah... you would do nicely :lol:

Imagine Sheep Dip running around in combat gear with a gun and a laser device trying to evade the enemy... lmfao.

Tilly
02-01-03, 01:25 PM
we should think our selves lucky. yeah theres petty crime and murders but on the whole no major trouble, some people have to deal with coflict and gunshots every day.

Someone sit blair down and shuve a sock i repeat SOCK in his mouth

wisewood
02-01-03, 01:28 PM
we should think our selves lucky. yeah theres petty crime and murders but on the whole no major trouble, some people have to deal with coflict and gunshots every day.

Someone sit blair down and shuve a sock i repeat SOCK in his mouth

thats a good point Tilly. we are lucky when you think about it.

as for blair... i just dont like the guy.

Alex
02-01-03, 01:33 PM
Me, i wouldn't have a chance mate. althouogh i think i waould make a good sniper, i used to shoot the SA-80 and the GPMG machine gun for Bedfordshire county.
+ i was in army cadets so am trained in camoflage and concealment (but not spelling)
<------- Showing off

MattyWoo
02-01-03, 01:40 PM
Micky - if i were to die in a week I would raid my savings, go and buy a proper quick car and drive it around places and stuff, drive away from petrol stations without paying, shoot blair, go to my local maccy d's and kidnap the bird with the hooooooge burgers :wink: and just do random stupid things, then i would find out that i wasnt gonna die then i'd be completely fucked, just my luck!!!

wisewood
02-01-03, 01:43 PM
so you are trained to hide yourself... and have good aim... perfect for the job kid. pack your bags - you're going to war :D

Alex
02-01-03, 01:54 PM
well yes but you have to remember that i am as blind as a bat and i have asthma.
So if you want the wrong place targeted or the wrong person shot i am your man. I may take a time to get there though as i will have breathing problems :D

Ian
02-01-03, 02:11 PM
:roll: youve started micky off now

Anton
02-01-03, 02:18 PM
http://www.2dtv.co.uk/pictures/bush.jpg

wisewood
02-01-03, 02:25 PM
alex - missing the target and aiming at your own troops or schools... no worse than the US special forces anyway mate :D

being out of shape is no problem... just take your nova with the Neons on underneath and the bass pumping out... they will be so busy wondering what is going on they will forget to shoot you :lol:

Alex
02-01-03, 03:25 PM
yes but it is only a 1.2, so all of their camels will be overtaking me :)

Alex
02-01-03, 03:32 PM
Micky- no offence mate but i don't think that the army would trust you with a spud gun, let alone a real one :D

CP
02-01-03, 04:06 PM
My opinion is that Tony Blair is desperately trying to maintain momentum for his and Bush's plans to go into Iraq. The whereabouts of Bin Laden still remains a mystery so they haven't actually got anything to show off for all their efforts. Al-Quieda which was supposed to have been beaten now appears to have quietly slipped into the shaddows and they're busy planning god know what as retaliation to the invasion.
This has left Bush and Blair worried that they are losing the PR battle the further away from Sept 11th we get with worse yet to come. So they are trying to make war -like noises to keep us all primed to accept that what they plan to do is right. They've got the weapons inspectors in but its a messy solution for them plus it looks like Saddam is once again playing them for fools. The justification for an all out attack is looking increasingly weaker everyday that goes by without anything happening. Everyone is agreed that Saddam is a despotic hoodlum who deserves to rot in hell for what he's done to the kurds and his country but how much was he to blame for the recent Islamic extremist atrocities? Its currently looking like nothing much can be proved. Places like Saudi, Egypt, Yemen etc and the Philipines may figure larger as the sources of Islamic terrorism than Iraq does and there aren't any plans to invade them. The other big factor against going into Iraq is what will happen after? It could lead to a worse fcuk up than it is now. It is certainly gonna add aid the determination amongst many Islams extremists whatever the result. They know that they can hurt us easily - access to the western targets that they now go for is relatively easy and I think this is what Blair is eluding to. I think he expects more outrageous acts of terrorism at home and abroad and he's trying to use it so as he seen to have done the right thing i.e COVERING HIS OWN ARSE. He's always doing it so he will in this matter. He'll also use it as a way to deflect interest away from embarassing events that happen to the Government at home.

There's no doubt its a worrying time. Blair and Bush are caught into a position where any shit could happen now. To me it seems as if they are like 2 bears who have knocked a big fcuk off wasps nest out of their tree and are now trying to work out whether or not to try and squash it as way to avoid getting badly stung. Probabilty is that we will all get a bit stung one way or another?

wisewood
02-01-03, 04:14 PM
there speaks the voice of a sensible "old" man :D

It is very true what you say though there mate... and anyone who decided not to read all of that should read it - it is worth reading i promise you.

You did a good job of pulling us back to the serious nature of this post too mate :|

Alex
02-01-03, 04:16 PM
You ever thought about being a journalist, because that was good :) .

I wonder what it would be like now if bush hadn't have become president.

wisewood
02-01-03, 04:25 PM
alex - thats a big question and could almost be a topic all of it's own mate :D

Alex
02-01-03, 04:32 PM
What i think should have happened after September 11th was exactly what did happen. However like usual we soon got bored going after Bin Laden and moved on far too quickly and focused our attention at Sadam. We have done this all before - just look at the Faulklands. Argentina invaded our land and claimed it for their own. We fought them off, out of the islands and just left it at that. We didn't even go after the source. Luckily they did not try again. However it is pretty clear that Bin Laden will strike again and we are focusing on detecting another attack, not on stopping the source. We should finish one problem before starting another. Sort out Al-Quieda and then look at Sadam.

wisewood
02-01-03, 04:56 PM
the thing is - the military power of the UK and US are so great - why are they not capable of doing the two things at once?

imagine if good old winston churchil had gone through WW2 thinking... well we will just defend against attacks from the germans by air for now, and when they stop bombing us we will worry about defending against them coming over by sea from france etc. We would have been well and truely doomed if he had done that...

why not send a strong force to iraq and a searching force to afghanistan and surrounding areas to find BinLaden... surely we have the man power and resources... our military personal totals around 12 million for gods sake.

CP
02-01-03, 04:57 PM
Your absolutely right alex but even tho I think the Americans tried to round up Al -Quieda in Afganistan it appears a lot of them got away thru the mountains. I think it included quite a lot of the major players as well cos I'm pretty sure that if the Americans had caught the big fish they would have made a big song and dance about it. The problem for the allies in these situations is that our public will only tolerate very small casualties for our own soldiers which hampers the command from making more audacious attacks. In this case it would have almost certainly lead to major skirmishing in Pakistan where apparently a lot of AQ headed off to. Pakistan need to be placated cos they are a nuclear power with an itchy trigger ready to get it on armageddon style with India. A real big mess if it all went off thats for sure.
The result is that AQ will now be almost totally a terrorist organisation operating from many locations. Trying to find and neutralise them so that Islamic terrorist attacks can be stopped will be impossible.

wisewood
02-01-03, 05:11 PM
let's face it - there will always be terrorist attacks - removing alquaida and sadam only leaves the door open for other factions to come through in their place - factions which could be worse than the other two...

i do think we should be seen to be doing something about it but i do not think it should be as public as it is because the whole world is seeing us fall flat on our faces.

Alex
02-01-03, 05:20 PM
I think that the biggest mistake that was made was using non british/us personnel in looking for/invading Afganistan. I believe that there is greater support for AQ in the middle east than is suspected.

At uni i have even heard some people try to justify the attack on the twin towers.

The thing that really annoys me is that AQ are calling it a holy war when it quite clearly states in their religion that war/killing is wrong. Our side of the conflict has nothing to do with religion, theirs or ours.

wisewood
02-01-03, 05:38 PM
this discussion is the most thought provoking i have read on here for a long time. although clearly not to everyones taste by the fact that only three of us are posting :lol:

Alex
02-01-03, 05:49 PM
well yes, but some people just don't give a shit. :?

Nice to be serious once in a while.

You say that there could be worse factions. Can't be much worse than what AQ did to all the innocent people in the TT

wisewood
02-01-03, 05:56 PM
What AQ did on 9-11 to TT was the worst single act of terrorism ever known, however things could have been worse had then targeted more buildings around the globe - just think of how many buildings there are with 5000+ people in them... it could have been a global catastrophe.

I will not give details of how and where they could strike as that would just be stupid... giving them ideas (should there be any AQ members using novaload) but you get the idea.

Alex
02-01-03, 06:03 PM
(should there be any AQ members using novaload)

Oh i know that they use this site regually for ideas and strategies (and if their novas dont work).

wisewood
02-01-03, 06:06 PM
i am quite sure that there are no AQ members using the site myself... but cannot be 100% sure can you... and besides - nothing to say that British people would not support AQ if paid enough dirty arab oil money.

Alex
02-01-03, 06:15 PM
Well i know that i wouldn't, i am very patriotic and old fashioned. I believe in honour. :o

I just had a funny thought in my head. Bin Laden in a fully kitted nova, undercar neons and tunes pumping out pulling up at a cruise :lol:

8)

wisewood
02-01-03, 06:23 PM
lmfao - bass bin laden. :lol:

Alex
02-01-03, 06:26 PM
with all his bitches in the back

wisewood
02-01-03, 06:40 PM
wives alex... wives.

Alex
02-01-03, 06:43 PM
yes good point. Multiple wives. How good is that idea. + how much nagging would there be. :lol:

d0gz_bollox
02-01-03, 07:08 PM
erm ill stick to playing counter strike thnk you

MattyWoo
02-01-03, 07:14 PM
let's face it - there will always be terrorist attacks - removing alquaida and sadam only leaves the door open for other factions to come through in their place - factions which could be worse than the other two...

That is true, and you also have to remember all these suicide bombers don't do it because they love their leader, they do it because of their religious beliefs.
But even if we dispose of saddam, his followers and people with his beliefs will still be around, i don't think there is a way anyone can win in this really.

2 things i know though - I'm not ready to die, and i never wanna be called up to the army!!!

wisewood
02-01-03, 07:21 PM
i do not want to die.. and dont really wanna be in the army either (or i would be already) - All i am saying is that if called upon by my country i will do whatever i must.

Chris LR
02-01-03, 07:22 PM
I'll go back to my original post.

I don't mind fighting for my country and if needs must I'll die trying. but if Blair takes us into war so he can feel all big and American I'll be off hiding.

I'm not prepared to die for him!

wisewood
02-01-03, 07:45 PM
novaload army... can you imagine how NOT scared you would be with us lot marching across a desert towards you... lmfao.

MattyWoo
02-01-03, 08:35 PM
Micky and his war primed hedgehog :lol:

carltoncrazy
03-01-03, 01:41 AM
ok its 1:30 ish and i cant sleep,and this has just made decent readin,think il follow this post.

i have to say one thing,i think you lot should think yaself lucky,cab drivers,students,and woteva wisewood gets paid 4.

you lot would need training etc.so you`d be last on the list.

im the unlucky motha fucker whos got a uk pilot lience!!b4 anyone else fucks off i will.i aint flown since i was 16,but they will see i can fly and have me,
hiding is gr8 but sum fucker will grass yeh,
see no one has said this yet,bush is doing this coz his daddy lost all these wars nam,iraq etc,he`s only doing it to prove that no-one beats his daddy and gets away with it.
after one of my relatives died,i had to go and clear his house,went in his loft,and there were all these german guns knifes etc,i had to call in the army n shit and they all went to a musum,one thing i found was old photos,he was in the speical serives,if any one saw "a bridge to far",he was there in real life,if i posted these photos on the net,they get taken down,their sicking

"shooting a plane down, you dont feel like you've killed some one, blowing a boat up, is easy, shooting someone..............words cant explain what emotions rips though your body, sadness, guilt, hatred of yourself"
that was taken from his dairy,there some seriously detail stuff in there,makes me cry,makes any one cry.
im sorry but no man wants to kill anther,
telling you,if you had to kill any man face to face,and saw the expression on his face as he died,
you wouldnt want to live
no one on this site is old enough to remember a war.
do you know 85% of un solved murders,are sorted coz the person who did it has owner up yrs on.

if we went to war,it wont be the soilders fighting.iraq qill kill anyone in the UK,they not botherd who they are,they just want us to loose confidence in the goverment.

i used to get involed with ww2 soilders,call me sad or whateva,but if people of our age would shut up and listen to them,we would have half the problems.
one this a guy said to me

"a man who can cry in front of his friends,is stronger than a man who fights his friends"
dought anyone will fight that statement.

6000 people died in the twin towers,now the amicians want revanage,yet the amicians killed millions,men woman and children. in vitnam.
sorry but the amicians are so far up there own ass,they cant see whats happening,they have brought this on themselves.
bill clinton would have this sorted by now!
why cant england be like switzland,NETURAL

wisewood
03-01-03, 09:56 AM
no one has said this yet,bush is doing this coz his daddy lost all these wars nam,iraq etc,he`s only doing it to prove that no-one beats his daddy and gets away with it.

I have not read past this point of your post yet - but i have to point something out... Bush senior was not president during the vietnam war...

Fair enough he was running the show during the Gulf war in the 90's but you can't really say that the US got beaten as they gave Iraq a proper battering and forced them to withdraw from Kuwait. They were not out there to get Sadam over thrown or anything, they were simply defending Kuwait from invasion because thats where most of their oil comes from.

Right i will carry on reading your post again now.

carltoncrazy
03-01-03, 12:36 PM
ops soz,
any one else remeber a the film a fish called wounder,
"WE did not lose,it was a draw"
the yanks dont lose wars,they draw.
and if im not mistaken,didnt the yanks put sadam in power in the first place,
soz aint got time for the yanks at akll

Alex
03-01-03, 12:38 PM
No mate, your wrong about us being ok.
I may be let off because I am asthmatic/ a student, but I have actually completed the equivilent of the armys 6 weeks basic training in cadets as i got quite high. I am trained by the army in camouflage and concealment, fully trained using the SA-80 and LSW(Light support weapon). I was also a drill instructor, know about patroling, formations, basic battle tactics etc.

kevw
03-01-03, 12:39 PM
I too have done basic training and can shoot.

Tilly
03-01-03, 01:18 PM
I just have to say u all sound sooooooo serious its kinda sweet

wisewood
03-01-03, 01:26 PM
I too have given military training and am an expert in tactics.

My GI Joe collection were the toughest for miles around :lol:

Tilly
03-01-03, 01:33 PM
God that post of cp's took me 5minutes to read.
Think he should change his career to a novelist. Its a massive post could write a good book i think :lol:

Alex
03-01-03, 01:34 PM
If england was like Switzerland we would have to be neutral in everything. We could not be a member of the EU, and so all trading that we do with Europe will be taxed heavilly. This would raise prices to even higher levels.
We would be made to do national service and join the army for two years at the age of 16. A completely pointless task bearing in mind Switzerland stays out of all foreign politics
We would also not be allied with the US and many believe that Hitler would have won WW2. So i think that it is good we are not neutral :D

CP
03-01-03, 01:35 PM
Hmmm, yes well there are one or two points to be made about how it will affect us -

The first point is that increasingly warfare is a high tech affair. Pouring hundreds of thousands of people into theatres of war is simply becoming unnecessary. In fact we are close to stage of being able to fight real wars remotely similar to racing cars on the PS2 or wotever. Probably only a small proportion ( mainly professional soldiers) of any particular country's population need to actually be directly involved. The likelihood of widespread forced national conscription similar to the scale in the WW's is therefore diminishing. Also the tolerance for large death tolls is low in democratic countries who also happen to be the most powerful.

That leads me to my 2nd point which is that if you agree with the above, you could assume that as a civilian you are relatively safe and free from the threat of war. Well I reckon yes and no. Yes if you live snug in a powerful developed country like America or the UK. No if you live in a dogs armpit like Afganistan. If you are a poor peasant there, the world really couldn't care less - you are expendable -you dont own anything anybody wants & you dont vote for anybody who matters. Its as simple as that.

My final point is that I'm pretty sure that future wars are gonna be relatively small & localised as they are now. Mostly this will occur along the "fault lines" where religions meet, where the poor meet the rich and where natural resources lie. I'm pretty confident that a catastrophe on a world wide scale such as in WW2 will not occur again in the forseeable future. The reason for that is that the world is a relatively small place now and totally run by large business. The people with most guns (ie the USA) simply have far to much to lose by going to war globally regardless of what George Bush says. A lot of their prosperity increasingly depends on the exploitation of peoples in poor countries. The other thing is whose gonna take them on? Iraq? Laughable. China? More worrying but I think China isn't in the same league as the States. The only thing I can seeing upsetting this current "balance of power" is a large scale change in climate. This appears to be a lot less remote than once thought.

On the subject of war - here's a few facts about WW2

Death toll:
Russia - 20 mill.
China - 15 mill. a lot starved
Germans - 5 mill
Jews - nearly 6 mill
Japanese - 2.5 mill
Poles - 3 mill
French - 500,000
GB - 480,000
USA - 300,000

Total - 55 million dead

America emerged twice as rich as when she went into the war - the UK was completely broke.

Alex
03-01-03, 01:47 PM
Ok I know the UK ended up broke, but after WW1 we fined Germany a huge amount of money in damages and i think similarily for WW2? What happened to all this money (I know we didn't get it)

wisewood
03-01-03, 01:57 PM
CP thats way too long mate... i will read it later :lol:

Chris LR
03-01-03, 02:04 PM
At the end of the day none of us know what's going to happen in the next 12 months.

If I'm called into action I'll do exactly as I do in paintball, Aim for the Head, Aim for the arse, Aim for the special target :o :twisted: !

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_view.php?id=191

MattyWoo
03-01-03, 02:26 PM
I have to say i'm very impressed with what Cp writes!!!

I know its rather selfish and imature but as long as there isnt a horrific war within the next 70 years i don't mind!!! Cos after that i'll be ready to die anyway!!

wisewood
03-01-03, 02:45 PM
CP is older than most of us... probably everyone... so he has had more time to view the world and gather information - and practice his style of writing, which i have to say is very good :D

?Marty?
04-01-03, 12:38 AM
I already killed someone.

Chris LR
04-01-03, 12:48 AM
I'm not suprised, who was he/she?

carltoncrazy
04-01-03, 01:21 AM
i read all that cp,
and i hope wen im old enuf to collect mstate pention, :lol: i have gd enuf grammer as that.
the german stop payments after they went broke,in 1924?the french invade the ryhm land,nicked all the cole and anything which was worth anything,the german miners,worked very very slwly(produceing less than 1% of wot they normally did).
german borrowed money off the yanks,to pay back,the allies,but when hitler came into power,one of his rules was to fight the treaty.so he did,he started building aircriaft ships,subs etc.he also ivaded land which he said he had a right to,
because of widlow wison"self detemantion claws" hitler could justfy taking the land,as 80% of the ppl in there,were germans.
germany was ment to be paying up to 1988,but german simple went broke in 1929,with the wallstreet crach,hyper inflation hit germany,
so the money wasnt worth the paper it was printed on.
so they simple couldnt afford the re paayment,s
you cant give what you aint got