PDA

View Full Version : I mutilated my car!

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 09:55 AM
Right, ive decided this summer is time for redemption.

As some of you will know ive got a 1.2i luxe+, it was in great nick when i bought it, and as i was 18 i (looking back on things) tried my damndest to bugger it up!

It went from lagoon blue, to nissan black... with colour coded bumpers :cry:and also.. wait for it, smoothed boot AND a square reg plate on the bottom left of the bumper.

Well ive had enough of the chav mobile! Im after a normal boot lid, and some gsi stock bumpers, and im just going to lower it abit and hopefully it will look abit more standard!

Is there still a cheeky stock of stock bumpers anywhere? Or is that really wishfull thinking?

Also, anyone else mutilated a nova accidently then regretted it... tell me if you have as it would make me feel better lol

Southie
27-02-09, 09:59 AM
Also, anyone else mutilated a nova accidently then regretted it... tell me if you have as it would make me feel better lol

No :thumb:

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 10:48 AM
lol cheers

burgo
27-02-09, 02:12 PM
i have. i deguttered one and tried to fit bravo head lights lol

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 02:14 PM
haha!! whats deguttering? cutting the metal 'gutters' off at the top??

Jack
27-02-09, 02:16 PM
Yep.

And yes, I chavchavchav'ed my first Nova, then sold it for an extortionate price lol

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 02:22 PM
would water not just piss in through the doors? at least you sold it for an extorionate price RJ! that must of made you feel abit better! it makes me feel better knowing you two high ranking PNG'ers have made that mistake too lol

burgo
27-02-09, 02:27 PM
no theres a door seal lol

of course there was the pick-up aswell which is fairly major mutilation

Jack
27-02-09, 02:28 PM
All in the past, >5 years ago! Fitted the kit in 2000. I remember it as I had an American friend visit for a few days and I'd only just started seeing this girl in Bath (who I still like very much :D). I had my cheapo stopgap D reg 1.0 whilst the kit was being fitted.

Some people may say my current nova is chav'd as its a garish colour with too many headlights. My argument is a) i didn't paint it that colour, blame Rexy lol and b) Nova headlamps are about as useful as a fart in a submarine, the BMW lamps give top quality light. The bumpers are self-painted black items as if they get stone chipped I can repaint them for <£5. The wheels are 195/60 because they fit so whats the point in changing them? :D

And I thought the gutters were for sticking roof racks on, not to stop water getting the door?

Burgo, the brown A reg SR pickup? That was cool, but I'm sure I remember you getting slated at the time for cutting up an A reg SR lol

burgo
27-02-09, 02:31 PM
yep i got slated to **** and i would also slate myself now. i was young and old skool wasnt kool so it was a case of do something with it or scrap it. so i made an ubber cool pick-up.

i remember taking it pv before the conversion and it looked mint but not one single person looked at it no matter how much i polished it. i converted it and suddenly everyone took notice :)

i do realise now tho that it would be sub zero cool but to late

Jack
27-02-09, 02:33 PM
I thought the chassis was rotten?

Ah well, at least you're onto PROPER novas now :D

burgo
27-02-09, 02:36 PM
yes it was bolloxed, i would restore it these days tho. heres one of the patch's

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/DSCN1184.jpg

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 02:54 PM
haha all valid points if you ask me!

i smoothed mine so id look cool 'init bruv'!
Just been to a bumper place enquiring about gsi bumpers, they said they can order in sri ones? are they the same by any chance?

burgo
27-02-09, 02:56 PM
nope there not. smoothing is good. i removed boot lock, door locks, filler cap, side repeaters, aeriel and one wiper hole on mine for the smoothness goodness

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 02:59 PM
yeah i ditched my aerial too! how did you fill up your car then?!

Jack
27-02-09, 02:59 PM
Just been to a bumper place enquiring about gsi bumpers, they said they can order in sri ones? are they the same by any chance?
Nope, SRi are the same as poverty spec Nova bumpers.

burgo
27-02-09, 03:00 PM
yeah i ditched my aerial too! how did you fill up your car then?!metal plates and filler!!! thats how everyone does it isnt it?

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 03:05 PM
nope there not. smoothing is good. i removed boot lock, door locks, filler cap, side repeaters, aeriel and one wiper hole on mine for the smoothness goodness

i meant fill it with petrol!

burgo
27-02-09, 03:08 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/nova25.jpg

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 03:12 PM
ah, suave! whats the deal with getting hold of gsi bumpers then? i just want the stock colour grey ones!

burgo
27-02-09, 03:13 PM
still available from vauxhall i beleave if you want **** rapping. if not try Duick see what he can come up with.

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 03:19 PM
cool, is duick on here often then? just tried phoning my local vaux dealer out of interest, the receptionist put me through to the parts depo but it just kept ringing. I was only phoning to see how badly i was going to get shafted!

cheers for the help!

ednovasr2
27-02-09, 03:21 PM
Me but only fitted a novadose front bumper and abyss rear bumper so not as far as you chap! (Still got it as is LOL use it when I want to feel young again say once a week!)

Tidy Max
27-02-09, 03:33 PM
hahaha! good on you then! ive got original bumpers... just painted them :( boo

Lee H
27-02-09, 07:03 PM
still available from vauxhall i beleave if you want **** rapping. if not try Duick see what he can come up with.

NLS at Vauxhall now, i've been trying to get one.

Jack
27-02-09, 08:46 PM
Was about to say, even Steve can't get them iirc... Shame as I want an unpainted, textured GSi front.

Fibreglass copies are available on ebay though.

matt_vaughan
27-02-09, 08:54 PM
EuroRallye do fibreglass ones, but expect to pay.....well.....140 odd quid!

Tidy Max
28-02-09, 10:34 AM
bloody hell 140!!
how hard is it to take the paint off an already painted one? near impossible?

16v Nova Kev
28-02-09, 10:38 AM
i have. i deguttered one and tried to fit bravo head lights lol
pics of this abortion please:D

Graeme
28-02-09, 10:38 AM
I jet washed the paint of a second hand one only to find it was made of white plastic and looks like its been sandblasted, I suspect it will now take a lot of work to paint and that it hadn't been correctly prepared when first painted

Dod
28-02-09, 11:35 AM
You can still get them over here although there is limited GM stock of these.

Max, what colour you going with the car? May I suggest GSi Front bumper, no skirts or spoiler, just nicely lowered on your rims.

Tidy Max
28-02-09, 12:17 PM
which rims? my current luxe + ones, or... THE rims haha?

im going to keep my car black still i think, i mean a respray is an option, but im going to get it back in fighting fit shape (or at least try to) get the silly boot lid off, and the colour coded bumpers for a start!

Thanks for the suggestion, i wasnt too fussed about skirts, and in all honesty hadnt given them a great deal of thought.
Do you think a GSi front bumper and a pov spec rear one?

Cheers Dod!

Tidy Max
28-02-09, 12:21 PM
I jet washed the paint of a second hand one only to find it was made of white plastic and looks like its been sandblasted, I suspect it will now take a lot of work to paint and that it hadn't been correctly prepared when first painted

yeah, i take it hwen they are white plastic they aren't GM ones, and are third party moulded bumpers? Or do all bumpers start of white then get the grey texture afterwards, sorry if thats an exceptionally stupid question lol

Dod
28-02-09, 01:03 PM
GSi rear bumpers are identical to POV rears aside from a tiny cut out for the echaust which is only visable from under the car anyway.

I say go with the Lux wheels of even a set of SR steelies. They look sweet!!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Dods1/PICT0032.jpg

Graeme
28-02-09, 01:27 PM
The new one I have is grey plastic and the old one is white plastic they both have a gm stamped part number on the insde so I'm not really sure on the authenticity of it

dj_wudgey
28-02-09, 01:40 PM
ive never chaved one up me lol i had one with couler coded bumpers and a smooth boot but i bought it like that it was a nail and just bought as a run around so it got striped before too long!!

ednovasr2
28-02-09, 06:19 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/nova25.jpg

Love that, so stealth!