PDA

View Full Version : fixed my xbox by trying to break it.

large_steve182
27-02-09, 12:27 AM
indeed.
about a month ago my xbox got one red light. with the code e74 which says conact xbox customer support. with all the other codes telling you how to try and fix it before sending it off. but nothing on my one.

my one year warranty ran out it says in the middle of the year which is wrong as it was around christmas time i bought it. but im sure it ran out now anyway. and my mate had to pay like 80 quid to get his fixed.

GENIUS: 3 year extended warranty for ROD. which is overheating the soulder and it melts losing connection i believe or along those lines. People say to fix it you rap it up in a duvet and keep it running to overheat it and remelt the soulder.
i did the opposite i rapped it up to overheat it to give it the ROD so i could get it fixed for free.

left it for a couple hours and it was roasting. told my brother i was off out. check the xbox everynow and then to make sure theres no fire. and if he goes out to turn it off. he was about to go out turns it off and then back on for some reason. and BOOYAA it works now.

i probably didnt need to go into so much detail but i have a boner right now

burgo
27-02-09, 12:32 AM
well done you

large_steve182
27-02-09, 12:44 AM
why thank you, i hope you have had a pleasent day

brainsnova
27-02-09, 12:46 AM
hogan knows best lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtE57d1wKHk

Jack
27-02-09, 07:27 AM
i probably didnt need to go into so much detail but i have a boner right now
More detail pls

dhdev (Oli)
27-02-09, 10:40 AM
Pics of boner, or it didn't happen

large_steve182
27-02-09, 11:05 AM
unless lynz wants to see it. its staying in a secret folder with other pictures of my boner from various incidents

Curtoise
27-02-09, 11:39 AM
ROFL i had the one red light once, means the disc readers fecked luckily mine was under warrenty, yeh all that crap about re-melting the soilder is bant as it would need some serious heat for that and it would catch fire lol well done that u fixed it tho!