PDA

View Full Version : Equal length shaft setup

Adam
26-02-09, 07:42 PM
Can someone do me a list to do this conversion? :)

Cav/Cally shaft setup with the solid shaft/bracket? Need a custom shaft on one side?

What outer cv's/hubs?

Cheers :)

Pistol Pete
26-02-09, 08:23 PM
I always assumed you just needed the bracket, middle shaft from Cav/Cally and the custom shaft (from Chris Astley). If you are already running BB shafts and hubs anyway.

Benn
26-02-09, 08:41 PM
Thats all you do need Pete.

Adam
26-02-09, 08:46 PM
I have nova 22spline shafts, and original nova hubs etc

R1CH
26-02-09, 10:21 PM
Only way is to cut and shut a big block shaft with a std Nova shaft, if done propperly it'll be absolutly fine.

Adam
27-02-09, 04:04 PM
So you just need the middle metal shaft, the bracket, and then a custom length shaft for the drivers side?? (weld a nova shaft to a big block shaft, so it uses std nova hub, but the inner end fits the equal length bracket/shaft doodar?
Keep the standard nova length pass side?

Lee H
27-02-09, 06:13 PM
So you just need the middle metal shaft, the bracket, and then a custom length shaft for the drivers side?? (weld a nova shaft to a big block shaft, so it uses std nova hub, but the inner end fits the equal length bracket/shaft doodar?
Keep the standard nova length pass side?

Correct. I'd just convert to big hubs though really as it's less messing about etc. Cut and welded shafts seem to be hard to be done so they don't keep breaking.

ck
27-02-09, 07:09 PM
yeah convert to proper big block hubs. then use a N/S normal big block conversion shaft.
O/S you will need the centre intermediate shaft with braket attatched. and then the O/S short shaft (from Chris astley)

i have a couple equal length set up's here. going to check but pretty sure i have a nova equal length (o/s) setup here aswell