PDA

View Full Version : X14XE questions

AlexW
26-02-09, 04:53 PM
Are the ecus etc the same between looms with cream/red plugs and white/red plugs? Just trying everything now.

What else could cause the cutting out apart from the imobliser? Only thing missing from mine is the lamba but that shouldnt cause it?

Ive got a plug in the engine bay that isnt connected to anything. It has a red/blue and a yellow/brown wire. What is it?

Everything is wired up correctly now and ive even tried the speed sensor.

Any help is worthy of a rep.

John
26-02-09, 04:56 PM
Do you have fuel the right way across the rail? only reason i ask, is i went to get an xe converted nova running that had the same fault as yours, this was the problem. The missing 02 won't cause it to not run. Do you have the immobiliser stuff wired correctly?

AlexW
26-02-09, 05:06 PM
I think so lol

The imobliser is all sorted, im just trying to rule out a missmatched ECU/buggerd ECU.

meritlover
26-02-09, 05:19 PM
is it firing for a few seconds and then cutting out?
i would have thought the immobiliser would cause it not to fuel/spark at all so you wouldnt even get a chuff.

check the usual, fuel, and spark. get a timing light on each plug and check its sparking. (or remove the plugs) check the fuel rail pipework as mentioned, check for fuel pressure (you can depress the valve on the rail and see if it sprays out or fit a gauge)

has the engine ever run properly? what else has been done.

AlexW
26-02-09, 05:30 PM
Imoblisers, depending on the engine apparently it will start somtimes or just crank and crank.

Its got fuel pressure, sparking. I checked the fuel and it seems to be right.

Engine was removed from a corsa, nowt else has been done. Just need reasons for why it could stop after 5secs.

meritlover
26-02-09, 05:33 PM
if its sparking and fueling then surely it cant be the immobiliser.
start it with the timing light on and see if its the spark dropping out that stops it.
then check the fuel. what do you mean it seems to be right?
is the discharge from the regulator going to the return on the tank?
what tank/pump are you using?
is there deffinately fuel in it?

AlexW
26-02-09, 05:48 PM
if its sparking and fueling then surely it cant be the immobiliser.
start it with the timing light on and see if its the spark dropping out that stops it.
then check the fuel. what do you mean it seems to be right?
is the discharge from the regulator going to the return on the tank?
what tank/pump are you using?
is there deffinately fuel in it?

Ive just double checked it. Fuel is on the right way around.
Yep
Its a SPi tank with a corsa 1.4 16v in tank pump.
Deffo fuel in it, otherwise it wouldnt start each time.

ck
26-02-09, 06:55 PM
if it was imobiliser problem then it will run for a few seconds then cut out. and the EML will be flashing.

so 1st of all make sure you have an EML wired up.

the ecu's have to be on the correct loom i.e red/cream plugs or red/white plugs.

the ecu's with red/white plugs are imobilised so you will need the chip and transponder also..

also between the 2 types there are different knock sensors (1 wire for earlier engines 2 wire for late)

some red/cream plug ecu's are immobilized some arent. (1 wire knock sesnor)

all red/white plug ecu are immobilized (2 wire knock sensor)

AlexW
26-02-09, 07:09 PM
Well tbh this thread is preety pointless.

The eml light flashes like mad.

My loom has the cream/red plugs and a 1 wire knock sensor.

I have one ECU with the keychip and pickup, but that ecu has white/red plugs, but surly it would at least run for a while? but it seems like eather the ECU is fried or the keychip etc is mismatched (bought from corsasport).

Adam
26-02-09, 07:27 PM
If the ecu light is flashing theres your problem. Either the barrel pickup aint wired up right, or its not a matched barrel/chip

AlexW
26-02-09, 07:29 PM
Yer i know. Its wired up as per what you told me. So i guess il have to find another ECU.

But can anyone shead anylight on that plug?

BIGS
26-02-09, 07:32 PM
If you can take i pic of the plug in question i will have alook at mine and try and find it. then tell you what it has to go on

AlexW
26-02-09, 07:38 PM
Oops forgot i hadnt posted it up lol

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh30/AW_06/HPIM1473.jpg

Anyone got a matched X14XE ecu? lol

BIGS
26-02-09, 07:49 PM
ok ill have alook tomorrow for you when its more light

Adam
26-02-09, 07:56 PM
where abouts does the plug come out of the loom???

AlexW
26-02-09, 07:58 PM
IIrc its almost right next to the lamba sensor wire.

Adam
26-02-09, 08:04 PM
Hmm, cant think of any plug like that on my x16xe loom.

ck
26-02-09, 08:06 PM
right, white/red plug ecu wont work on cream/red plug loom...

if your engine management light is flashing then its the immobilizer fault.

if you have the correct matching ecu/chip/transponder and the transponder is thought to be wired in correctly then what you want to do is find the two thin red/blue (red with blue trace i.e vss wire) wires on the transponder wiring cut both of these and switch them around.

it will only disable the immobilizer if these two wires are the correct way..

ck
26-02-09, 08:06 PM
plug shown above is for the Secondary Air Injection solenoid. this is not needed and i dont think will bring the EML light on if not connected. it will 100% not affect the running of the engine

BIGS does not have this plug as i cut it out myself as its not needed (along with all of the SAI wiring)

AlexW
26-02-09, 08:07 PM
well il have to buy another ECU then. Ive only got a full ecu kit with white/red plugs.

BIGS
26-02-09, 08:08 PM
ck has got a chpped 1400 ecu for sale

ck
26-02-09, 08:15 PM
well il have to buy another ECU then. Ive only got a full ecu kit with white/red plugs.

do you have a red/cream plug loom then?

AlexW
26-02-09, 08:16 PM
yep.

ck
26-02-09, 08:23 PM
ic. has to be matching loom/ecu. unfortunatly it wont work with a miss matched loom and ecu.

u'll be needing a red/cream plug ecu then.. with the red/cream ecu's you can get immobilized and non immobilized ones so can make life easier, as bigs said i have a chipped red/cream plug ecu here (non immobilized)

AlexW
26-02-09, 08:23 PM
bet you want big bucks for it tho, tbh i dont even have the cash for another ecu now. :(

Adam
26-02-09, 08:34 PM
plug shown above is for the Secondary Air Injection solenoid. this is not needed and i dont think will bring the EML light on if not connected. it will 100% not affect the running of the engine

BIGS does not have this plug as i cut it out myself as its not needed (along with all of the SAI wiring)
Ahh, i know the plug now youve mentioned that.
I had it clipped to the firewall out of the way, and i left the solenoid plugged in.

ck
26-02-09, 08:36 PM
bet you want big bucks for it tho, tbh i dont even have the cash for another ecu now. :(

its sort of a friends, he wrote off his corsa big style lol and took the main bits off. can prob do it for £50 mate.

its no use anymore as my friend has a 1600 now anyway. may even be able to loan it to you mate so you can try it.

AlexW
26-02-09, 08:42 PM
Pm'ed

Btw guys, thanks for all your help. Mucho appraicated (Spelling?)

General Baxter
26-02-09, 08:44 PM
Adams old x16xe was doing this, but my ecu light was not even on, when i turned the ignition on, but would run for about 5 seconds and cut out lol,

i could move the chip away with the transponder, and would run for 5 seconds, and cut out, put it back in the transponder do the same,

i never figured it out :(

now running c16xe management, and building my MS loom with the old x16xe bits lol

ck
26-02-09, 08:49 PM
again, providing the ecu/loom/chip matches and it has the corresponding coloured plugs on the ecu the only thing that would normaly make this happen would be an imobilizer fault. and i've had this before, as there is 2 of the same wires on the transponder (red/blue) these needed to be switched and that sorted it. had this on a couple small block xe's and on a late LET

General Baxter
26-02-09, 09:08 PM
done that, swap the wires over aswell lol

Adam
26-02-09, 09:18 PM
again, providing the ecu/loom/chip matches and it has the corresponding coloured plugs on the ecu the only thing that would normaly make this happen would be an imobilizer fault. and i've had this before, as there is 2 of the same wires on the transponder (red/blue) these needed to be switched and that sorted it. had this on a couple small block xe's and on a late LET
That was all right, as it was my old setup which worked 1st go when i wired it up.
But this is Baxter lol

General Baxter
26-02-09, 09:19 PM
meh lol

andrew1988
27-02-09, 07:37 PM
I had exactly the same problem when putting an x16xe into a 1 litre corsa. Ended up wiring it up as c16xe. Was definately a matching set of loom ecu and transponder too