PDA

View Full Version : videos

mikeoxford
31-12-02, 04:36 PM
are there any good VHS or DVD videos that feature novas in them somewhere?

just wondered thats all

come across a cuple of vids on net but there not that long and not that good, and sometimes i ent got the right decompressor.

so any videos with features etc in it?

Breeny
31-12-02, 04:58 PM
Not with novas but the getaway in Stockholm series is ok. Number 2 is the best. Theres loads of mad Jap videos and stuff about aswell.

mikeoxford
01-01-03, 01:39 AM
there was a clarkson video a while back IIRC ??? was there much of a feature in their?

Nova-Flair
01-01-03, 02:35 PM
yeah i know the one u r on about mike. I THINK it was called 'at full throttle' had vicki butler hendersons courtenay nova. she took a standard nova sport, lobbed a 2ltr engine in it and whipped some rover ass if i remember correctly (only seen it the once at me m8's). was quite good tho got quite a bit of coverage in the video.

Breeny
02-01-03, 01:44 AM
Theres also some vids of the 400bhp nova going round a track. Looks like he has a bit of difficulty with it :lol:

wisewood
02-01-03, 10:27 AM
Actually it was a 1.6 nova... and the V8 rover won in the end as she was being cocky and hand-braked the last corner and lost it and Clarkson blasted past on the straight up to the line :D Was quite a good race though - he lost it on every corner... and made it up on the straights... she just arsed it up in the end.

oops edited by ian pressing edit instead of quote :oops:

original text was wisewood saying it was a 1.6 blah blah

Breeny
02-01-03, 10:53 AM
Ive got them here Micky, got them off my mate. I'll send them when i get my adsl lol

The Vicki Butler Henderson Nova is John Shields Courtnay Sport demo car and yes it did have a 2.0 16v in it!!! It actually started life as a Nova Sport which is a 1.3.

wisewood
02-01-03, 11:02 AM
I stand corrected then :D
In my defence I was watching in a smokey room with no sound :lol:

Ian
02-01-03, 01:45 PM
2.0 16v on weber alpha tb's, very highly tuned engine plus expensive box too s/c.

it was scripted. clarkson couldnt lose in his own video. a friend of a friend owns the capri that was kicking everyones arse and he was there for filming, the 2.0 nova killed the rover round the track.

engine now been removed from that car,sold and put in another white nova.

apparently being put back to sport spec

wisewood
02-01-03, 02:31 PM
it was scripted. clarkson couldnt lose in his own video. a friend of a friend owns the capri that was kicking everyones a**e and he was there for filming, the 2.0 nova killed the rover round the track.

It's fair enough i suppose... if i did my own video i wouldn't wanna lose either... especially to a nova if i had his hatred of vauxhall's. :lol:

Jim
02-01-03, 04:00 PM
Yeah, but doesn't it make you ask the question "What else was scripted?" I thought the whole point of that part of the video was to see which car went faster after the modifications. To fix the results surely made the whole project invalid? I think Clarkson is great, but if he was really upset that the Nova was faster, maybe he should have been driving the Nova and made VBH drive the Rover.

Jim

wisewood
02-01-03, 04:06 PM
good point jim - but with his dislike of vauxhall it was unlikely he would set foot inside the nova... although i do wonder if he had a go anyway.

Ian
02-01-03, 04:16 PM
no the whole point was that he sold videos and made money. apparently he did drive it and was impressed and suggested they take it to vauxhall and show them how they should have made it handle.

but then 2.0 novas dont handle ;) :roll:

Jim
02-01-03, 06:49 PM
but then 2.0 novas dont handle ;) :roll:

Glad you agree Ian. I take it you're going for a 1.2l engine for your next Nova? ;)

Jim