PDA

View Full Version : Reshelling a gsi into a 1.2 carb, tank and loom question

jord4n
26-02-09, 12:06 PM
hi

im putting a E16se into a 1.2 shell, im fitting the 1.6 engine with twin 40's and a 1.4sr dizzy cap and coil.

what i want to know is which loom should i use, the gsi loom or the one form the 1.2?

which petrol tank will be best to use the multi point tank or the carb tank?

Jord

AlexW
26-02-09, 12:17 PM
As for the fuel tank i think you would be better off using the GSI tank, as it has a swirl pot.

jord4n
26-02-09, 12:22 PM
As for the fuel tank i think you would be better off using the GSI tank, as it has a swirl pot.

is that built into it then?

AlexW
26-02-09, 12:31 PM
Should be, have a search around, as i belive its come up before.

GRUNT 16V
26-02-09, 12:36 PM
I Would Use A Carb Tank And Use A Facet External Fuel Pump If You Running 40's As For The Looms I Would Poss Be Swayed To The 1.2 Loom As Both Looms Would Need To Be Chopped Around And As The 1.2 Loom Is Alreadey There Then Changing It Over Would Be A Waste Of Time .

Leeboo
26-02-09, 12:39 PM
Aye I'd use the carb tank, sure would the injection one not deliver too much pressure anyway, then you would need regulator and stuff?

Like grunt16v said 1.2 loom, sure all you really need is the starter and anternator wiring isn't it, maybe crank sensor could be wired in if needs be? I'm not sure whats different on a GSi loom apart from it obviously having injection wiring etc.

jord4n
26-02-09, 12:55 PM
I Would Use A Carb Tank And Use A Facet External Fuel Pump If You Running 40's As For The Looms I Would Poss Be Swayed To The 1.2 Loom As Both Looms Would Need To Be Chopped Around And As The 1.2 Loom Is Alreadey There Then Changing It Over Would Be A Waste Of Time .
was going to buy a facet red top anyway, would i not still need a presser reg to bring it down to about 3.5bar iirc.

iv all ready striped the 1.2 loom out of the car as its getting fully seamed up and cage welded in. and the gsi loom is also out of the car so could use either one. just wanted to know which you guys would use.

on the gsi loom there is a few more plugs in the engine bay for injection and a extra plug under the 1.6 dizzy. but as im useing a 1,4 dizzy this is not needed, but thats all i can find that is diffrent.

the carb tank is in much better condition too so would make sence to use this.

jord

Plug
26-02-09, 06:15 PM
if your reshelling just use all the bits off the GSI :thumb: