PDA

View Full Version : what multipoint weld in cage

BIGS
26-02-09, 04:26 AM
Well i was thinking of a custom cages one but my friend has just taken delivery of a mk3 astra cage and its way out. So its sorting making me cautious of a custom cages one. The one i want to buy looks like this

http://www.customcages.co.uk/Rollcage/LoadRollCage.castle?manufacturer=Vauxhall&model=Nova&type=Multipoint

but i want the x in the roof aswell not just a diaganoal, If anyone has pics of ones fitted to your cars with the make of where you got it from that would be awsome and how much it is.

t45 ste where did you get yours? Did it fit ok to weld together

adam c
26-02-09, 08:01 AM
can you not buy that one and put an x in the roof instead?

burgo
26-02-09, 10:18 AM
i recomend you have a word with sturge and get him to price up exactly what you want

novarally
26-02-09, 11:31 AM
t45 ste where did you get yours? Did it fit ok to weld together

Ste bought the complete bodyshell from me, and the cage was already installed. I can't recall which make of cage it was now.

I take it you want to install the cage yourself?

Custom Cages will do the install for you, which will solve any issues of it not fitting right.

Alternatively I can highly recommend 'CAGED' in Somerset, they install some top quality fabrications.

George g
26-02-09, 01:19 PM
thats a pretty roll cage, but are you sure you need that ammount of protection? i know its safety, but that kinda cage is for high speed top class rally shinanegans! what stuff you doing in your car?

BIGS
26-02-09, 01:26 PM
thats a pretty roll cage, but are you sure you need that ammount of protection? i know its safety, but that kinda cage is for high speed top class rally shinanegans! what stuff you doing in your car?

Well for one the doors will be carbon and all the other main panels will be fiberglass inc the roof! And i dont want a fiberglass roof and just one bar going across my head. Plus the X in the rear just looks awsome lol

George g
26-02-09, 01:29 PM
would it not be better to part spaceframe it then as you are surely gonna loose alot of ridgidity with the roof being fibreglass, in a similar way that cabriolet cars are weaker because of the material roof?

BIGS
26-02-09, 01:45 PM
Ste bought the complete bodyshell from me, and the cage was already installed. I can't recall which make of cage it was now.

I take it you want to install the cage yourself?

Custom Cages will do the install for you, which will solve any issues of it not fitting right.

Alternatively I can highly recommend 'CAGED' in Somerset, they install some top quality fabrications.

Ah right cheers i might give them a call and there not to far away. but yea i was going to fit it myself and get someone else to weld it for me. But its the fact ive seen how bad my mates go to gether and got me doubting it now. some bits are that far out you cant even weld them togther!

BIGS
26-02-09, 01:47 PM
can you not buy that one and put an x in the roof instead?

Yea i could but when im buying a cage i want it all ready there to weld in tbh.

Rick Draper
26-02-09, 03:18 PM
Harry Hockly Motorsport cages. I have in recent months had a custom cages weld in corsa cage and a HH-MS weld in corsa cage and the HH one is far superior in fit and finish.

BIGS
26-02-09, 05:09 PM
ah right, thanks Rick thats a great help. did yours have the x bars in the rear and roof?

Rick Draper
26-02-09, 05:56 PM
The corsa one does have X door bars and a roof bar but i am not sure about the nova one. Worth giving them a call tomorrow as in the pics it only shows the cage for a nova as having a single door bar. Sure they could sort you something out though.

Honestly pre fitting the cages were night and day different in finish.

Rick Draper
26-02-09, 05:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/DOORBARS.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/APILLARDOORTUNNEL.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/REARSTAYOVERALL.jpg

BIGS
26-02-09, 06:08 PM
wow thanks for that you are a legend! Well that one looks a very good fit. think ill will call them tomorrow