PDA

View Full Version : Gte/gsi Dials

turbojolt
26-02-09, 01:42 AM
anyone know how to wire up a rev gauge/ dial cluster from a gte/gsi to a standard mk1 1.2 nova :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

vaughanmc
26-02-09, 07:44 AM
Shouldn't it just plug in and work ?

My dad done that with his old Mk1 1.2 and with the 1.2i engines I definately know its a plug and play thing...

Jack
26-02-09, 07:54 AM
May need an extra wire running from the coil negative to the rev counter.

Nova_Tek
02-03-09, 02:50 PM
If its a carb fella, then just run a wire from the negative terminal to the back of the tacho. Then plug the normal multiplug that come off your original dials into you GTE ones.

If you want oil pressure then you need a two pin sender unit to replace your existing 1 pin oil pressure light switch. Then run a wire from that to the back of the oil pressure dial.

Simples.

AlexW
02-03-09, 05:25 PM
If you want oil pressure then you need a two pin sender unit to replace your existing 1 pin oil pressure light switch. Then run a wire from that to the back of the oil pressure dial.

Simples.

AFAIK you dont need to run a wire, should already be there? I know it has been on both of my novas.

And are you sure the dials are GTE? GSI ones have a different plug (12pin vs 10pin?)

Nova_Tek
02-03-09, 07:46 PM
Im going on my experience as I hd to run a wire in order to get them working.

jimbob-mcgrew
09-03-09, 09:51 PM
what about using the existing oil pressure wire for it ?
or is it neccesary to add an extra one ?

Jack
09-03-09, 10:08 PM
AFAIK you dont need to run a wire, should already be there? I know it has been on both of my novas.

And are you sure the dials are GTE? GSI ones have a different plug (12pin vs 10pin?)
14 vs 12 pin. None of the Novas I've had (all 1.2/1.0s) have had either the rev counter or oil pressure wires.

loggyboy
09-03-09, 10:09 PM
Depends on the age, most later mk1s had the cable taped in to the loom. My H/90 mk1 1.0 had it already in there.

As for the oil pressure gauge you will need a 2 pin sensor from an mk1 SR/GTE or mk2 GSI to get the guage to function properly. (not sure about cables on that one tho as ive never done that.

Gsi are mk2 so will have large connectors but also wont fit the mk1 dash without heavy and pointless mods.