PDA

View Full Version : sliped up with let pistons guru needed

ste porter
25-02-09, 05:27 PM
got abit over eager with my let bottom end when i striped it and now its come back round to rebuild time i cant remember which way round the pistons go!

there mahle pistons but due to having the crowns mirror polished you cant see the arrow all that is obvious is the valve cut outs 2 are deeper than the other 2 so should the shallow valve cut outs be at the front of the block (as in exhaust side) or at the back of the block (inlet side)?

nova_saloon
25-02-09, 05:34 PM
the deeper side is the exhaust out let

but just to be sure check the cams and either spin them and see which valves come down further or see which have a bigger oval shape on the cam

burgo
25-02-09, 05:46 PM
the deeper side is the exhaust out let

but just to be sure check the cams and either spin them and see which valves come down further or see which have a bigger oval shape on the camyou may wanna check your facts before you potentially help someone **** there engine.

the deeper cut outs is the inlet side due to the inlet valves being bigger. therefore the deeper cut outs go to the back of the block

Bubba
25-02-09, 06:38 PM
all hail burgo the magnificient

ste porter
26-02-09, 01:07 AM
thanks burgo this was my thought but just wanted to get a second opinion because 1.5k worth of bottom end and £600 quids worth of head is alot of money to waste on 1 stupid mistake

burgo
26-02-09, 10:22 AM
ennit just. even tho i knew in my mind it was correct i still went and looked at other build up threads to confirm what i thought. measure twice cut once and all that

p.s. ill come up your way for a pint this time when i get me licence back

ste porter
27-02-09, 01:46 AM
good man your more than welcome