PDA

View Full Version : My car --- GOING TO BE BROKEN FOR SPARES

Anton
30-12-02, 09:06 PM
This is what happened at 4pm 2nite...

a kid ran out in front of the car in front of me. the car in front of me stopped really quick and i skided in2 the back of him

this is the result...

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=178

I think it is going to be a write off, but not sure yet

:cry:

Aragorn
30-12-02, 09:21 PM
shit man

almost exactly the same damage as when i smashed up my first nova :(

cept i was rubber necking on motorway and didnt notice traffic had stopped :/

to make it even worse me da crashed his A4 today

coming onto the main dualcarrigeway thru the town, its like an uphill sliproad that swings round to the left

there are 2 lanes of traffic feeding onto it and 1 lane on sliproad so traffic merges

da is driving up the inside, some twat in a focus comes belting up the outside and cuts right in front of him and nails the brakes, instead of trying to brake my da pulls out to overtake, hits gravel in the chevroned area on the on-ramp where the lanes merge,
back end steps out, he dials in some opposite lock to correct it, gets it heading the right way again but is heading for the armco - swings right to clear armco and stuffs it into some bushes :/

front passenger wishbones are crumpled as is the ARB cos that side hit a pillar, front splitter is destroyed, nearside driveshaft gone, sill damage on both sides, and some heavy dents and scratches on drivers side from a tree :/ the recovery truck also damaged the front passenger wing trying to pull the car out, the front passenger alloy is prolly f00ked too, rad is fucked and the car only runs for about 3 seconds then cuts out meaning either ECU damage or some kinda sensor has become disconnected

not a good day :(

was it insured fully comp??? if not it wont be written off as its upto you to fix it, if it is you can still take the money and buy the car back and fix it yourself if you want

:(

Anton
30-12-02, 09:31 PM
it is insured fully comp- with suspension declared.

It drives okish :| But leaking oil and water.

To make matters worse it was a chinese woman in the other car that didn't speak english.

No more body shop / garage on thursday for me, and also no 1.4 conversion :cry:

Will
30-12-02, 09:37 PM
my thoughts going out to you m8, let us know what insurance says / wot ur gona do, if it can be repaired ill happily help u out neway i can. :(

Will

MattyWoo
30-12-02, 09:51 PM
mate, i really am sorry to hear about it :cry: lets just pray that somehow the chassis isnt damaged. damn children!!!!
Same goes for me tho if u need any help at all give me a shout (although i doubt i'll b much help)

kevw
30-12-02, 09:58 PM
sorry to hear that m8 :x

Breeny
30-12-02, 10:05 PM
Unlucky matey. Anyone hit you up the back? They will all try and claim off you if your the last one. :|

Anton
30-12-02, 10:54 PM
if the pic doesnt work, e-mail me and i'll send u it. Its also in the album under nova pics.

A very sad drunken depressed Anton :|

carltoncrazy
30-12-02, 11:00 PM
thats not that bad at all,cheer up,i thought it was going to be like massive dent,
anton my nova had a bigger dent than that,before i brought it,and it wasnt written off,
about 600quid repair there ,
if ya need a hand(i.e doing it on the quite with telling the insurance)then get in touch mate,got fuck else to do

Anton
30-12-02, 11:03 PM
Cheers for all the kind comments, I will keep you informed whats happening. :cry:

?Marty?
30-12-02, 11:13 PM
At least it wasn't your tailgate and rear bumper! :D

It's a shame really, as it was coming along nicely.

mikeoxford
30-12-02, 11:33 PM
:evil: cannae believe it

sh!t

i dont know what to say anton really dont.

all i can say is from expereince i know what it is like.

just before i bought my SR off chris ward, i hit a kerb in my 1.2 and the damage was fixable, but for what i paid for the car it really wasnt worth it, and it needed a bit of work doing here and there.

i dont know what to say really dont

or how to conclude my post

just bounce back and dont let the chink driver in front get to you :roll:

Ste_Nova
31-12-02, 12:13 AM
don't claim on ur ins..... u loose ur ncd!!

pay for her damage.... fix yours with 2nd hand parts..... i could fix that up easy over a weekend

Ben Ritchie
31-12-02, 12:25 AM
totally dont tell the insurance cuz they will give you bottom price which will be fcuk all.its a shame these things happen.really soz m8. i agree you should just buy 2nd hand parts and pay for the chinks damage.how bad was the chinks damage? again really sorry to hear bout that. nice clean and tidy nova aswell.

Nova1.6
31-12-02, 01:30 AM
sorry to hear that anton, hope u got out and beet the sh!t outa the kid! Fvcking twat!

Hope u get it sorted mate. i know what ull have to go thru with my accident.

Thoughts go to ya.

neil

?Marty?
31-12-02, 01:38 AM
Erm, you're supposed to be able to stop in the distance between you and the car in front. If you can't, then you're obviously driving too close. If you weren't then you would have even seen the kid running out infront of the car in front of you, and not had to brake as harshly, and etc.

So chill Sheep.

Matt Finary
31-12-02, 01:46 AM
unlucky Anton, sorry to hear about the crash. :x

Matt :(

Fester
31-12-02, 02:47 AM
fuckin bastard sorry mate

Anton
31-12-02, 08:08 AM
I wasn't driving to close, there was a huge gap between me and the car in front, was only doing 25mph, but I just skidded and aqua planned and there was nothing I could do. I think when I skidded the car actually got faster. :|

Ste_Nova
31-12-02, 09:15 AM
I think when I skidded the car actually got faster. :|

was it down hill?

Anton
31-12-02, 10:34 AM
Yeah it was slightly downhill.

Here's some better pix I just took..

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=179

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=180

locky
31-12-02, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear it m8, the damage dont look that bad, just cost u a few quid!, hope it all goes well for you! is the other car claiming off your insurance? try and do wot ste sed, and do it around the insurance if poss, wot was the damage like on the other car? could u fix it, or no of som1?
they mite 4get bout it, as the kid ran out, and u just aquaplaned into her!
U may get lucky on that note, did u take details n stuff? how old was the other car? if it was a shed, they mite not want 2 bother fixing it!
GOOD LUCK, tell us the outcome!

ollster
31-12-02, 12:21 PM
shit! sorry to hear about that mate. Surely take this opertunity to get your front bumper sprayed etc, and do your conversion, (will be a lot easier to put a new engine in with the front slam panel off). I Hope u dont scrap it

Matt Finary
31-12-02, 12:32 PM
Anton, she doesn't look to bad. Looks like you need a new light, grille, bumper, wing and top part of the slam and a bonnet. I have a light and grille(same colour as yours) if you want them.

Matt :)

Ste_Nova
31-12-02, 01:06 PM
it's all non structoral high damage.... just wants a wing and a slam just over a days work

Nova-Flair
31-12-02, 01:06 PM
dont scrap it m8, fix it up and put the 1400 8v beast in. will come back bigger and better

Anton
31-12-02, 01:19 PM
Matt- keep them parts I may need them.

I am going to have to go through insurance as I don't have enough money to fix it myself :cry:

Ste_Nova
31-12-02, 01:29 PM
well if u do that u had better have an extra ?500-?1000 ready to pay your premium next time ur ins is due!!!

the damage on your car is ?100 max

Tilly
31-12-02, 01:31 PM
Sorry to see that anton. From the pics it doesnt look all that bad. It could of been worse.Good luck with getting it repaired

Anton
31-12-02, 01:47 PM
?100? so far this is what i can see that is wrong-

Engine leaking oil and no water - burst rad, engine been pushed back, bumper smashed, bumper mounts, valence, slam panel, grill, lights, bonnet, 2x new wings, inner wing, steering seems out - wheels pointing in different directions, then to get all new parts fitted and sprayed...

Ste_Nova
31-12-02, 02:42 PM
about ?100 worth... 2nd hand parts etc do labour your self etc etc

if u let the ins do it they will write the car off

slam = ?80
wings = ?80 + ?80
grill ?30

thats ?270 all ready

and u still got rad/lights labour/paint etc to go on too easily 40% of the cars parkers book price

ins give u ?700 tops for it.... then charge u ?500 more this year ?400 more next year and ?300 the year after so u end out of pocket what ever

http://www.novaload.net/files/kev/steshouse/fronttop.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/files/kev/steshouse/frontlow.jpg
as seen above a cheap repair wings ?10 each bonnet ?15 slam ?30 and a few hours hammering

wisewood
31-12-02, 03:08 PM
Anton that's bad mate... just read the post for first time now... bummer.

locky
31-12-02, 03:54 PM
Anton,
If ur after any parts i can get them at cost price (genuine vaux) the only thing is tho, ul av 2 collect, but hey, im tryin 2 help! small items i could post ya
DONT SCRAP IT or go through the insurance, u wont believe how much it'll go up by! trust me!

mikeoxford
31-12-02, 03:54 PM
just looked at the new pics anton

if there is nothing structural as these guys say i think u shud rebuild as well.

if the engine is pushed well far back maybe a mount may be out of place etc.

but first of all look at the steering and whats wrong with it. i knackered my subframe on previous car, so it would have been quite a big job, and to replace all front suspension and drive shagfts - not worth it on my old car as it werent worth that much.

maybe some of the lads on here would do a foreigner for you and see you right?

i persoanlly think u shud get it put back. itll be cheaper in the long run by not claiming etc.

keep your chin up and get down to ste sanders workshop :wink:

bob
31-12-02, 04:18 PM
bad news mate :( looks so much like my car when it tried mating with a fiest zetec that had almost overshot its turning :twisted: It costed me a grand total of bout ?550 for my car,that was all panels,jigging,painting etc,but u can do it for cheaper(not sure on painting tho!) if u want a car as a donor car :wink: mines up for ?600-its in the 1.4SR gallery as robert weavers 1.4-its white as well :D I would try and rebuild, see wot insurance dudes say,chin up n all that mate :)

Ric 16v
31-12-02, 05:42 PM
sorry to hear about it mate, DON'T scrap it especially after all the money and hard work you have put into it, it's like everyone sais there doesn't seem to be much damage to it, and I would be very surprised if it's a write off, my advice is rebuild it, slam that 1.4 sr engine in it and fit all the other bits you have and it WILL come back bigger and better than ever :D :D :D :D

Anton
31-12-02, 05:45 PM
Looks like a rebuild is most likely at the moment..

Ric 16v
31-12-02, 05:50 PM
go for it

Ste_Nova
31-12-02, 06:11 PM
I would be very surprised if it's a write off

if he claims on the ins they will write it off.... ?700 nova can have up to ?280 of repairs.... at vaux prices (this is what the ins work off) even the parts are more than ?280 alone and thats before u add the labour, for referance the below was a ?1000 ins repair

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/uploads/__hr_July%201995%20Crash.jpg

don't take the piss about the lights it was 1995 :P

Anton
31-12-02, 06:15 PM
I've always wanted a one off bonnet any way lol

Howd you do that ste?

Chris LR
31-12-02, 06:52 PM
Unfortunate m8. It looks pretty bad.

My car's been in 3 accidents (only one of them caused by myself) It had a huge shunt on the front and was only re-built becasue it was new at the time. It had another shunt on the front which bent the bumper, and finally my paint transfer with a Vectra - which went wrong! Looks like May is when SR #1 is going to the scrappy.

I think you should try and see if you can get it roadworthy again. Leave cosmetics until you've got some more ca$h. I certainly wouldn't advise going thru Insurance.

If you want my spare side repeater, or any strong tape to patch it up with give me a PM. www.thenovacentre.com do bonnets for ?10 and bumpers for ?18. I can get wings for ?23.50.

CP
31-12-02, 06:59 PM
Ste is right Anton.

Getting your car fixed is gonna be small beer - forget about that for the moment.

Concentrate on getting the car you hit sorted cos really thats where you stand to come unstuck moneywise. Get her to get at least 2 garage quotes and see what its gonna cost before you try get your insurance involved cos its gonna jack your premium up - we're talking several hundreds at least.

My daughter had a minor bump into a piece of shit old Volvo in a fuel station. We got the insurance to sort it after they had told us it would push the premium up less than ?100. It in fact pushed the premium up over ?300. They denied all knowledge of the original conversation we had with them bastids. The bloke had offered to take ?200 and call it quits originally.

Hope you get sorted OK m8

Cheers
CP

Ste_Nova
31-12-02, 08:22 PM
Howd you do that ste?

rammed the rear of a nissan, he was drunk so his fault by default :P

carltoncrazy
31-12-02, 09:34 PM
ok im gonna be a **** now,
how much could you get anther 1.2 mk2 anton,500 quid if ya knew where to look.
anton the old bags gonna claim on ya insurance,naff all you can do about it,legaly your fault,you hit her,so your fault,
ages ago some1 ramed me up the backside(i 4got to tell insurance tho :roll: only a bumper),so theres two way ya can look at this,end of the day ya insurance is going to go up,nothing you can do,shit happens ok,soon as the woman claims,ya insurance is gonna rocket,ya always get clever clogs who go"rebuild",im rebuilding, i know how hard it is,and end of the day ya 17, do you have the room to rebuild?
as rob said,get anther car and transfere the parts.
id never gone fully comp on a relativly standard nova(no afence but its not like a show car etc).
you say the steering is out,the engine is knocked back(yes it culd b a mount) and all these thing,
insurance is gonna take one look at ya car and laugh at you,
sorry but id say bye to the car if i was you,painful i know but...............thats wot i think

Chris LR
31-12-02, 09:50 PM
Yeah my SR's wheels point in different directions, more fuel comsumpsion, more tyres, shit ride, more rust etc etc

carltoncrazy
31-12-02, 09:56 PM
chris how dare you scrap a standard sr,
you aint on me buddy list no more :roll:

Chris LR
31-12-02, 10:03 PM
I may keep the doors, wings, seats, tailgate, steering wheel, carpets and about 2 of the wheels to make another SR. The rest can get dumped somewhere.

I really haven't decided yet, one things for sure, unless I get another job I'll be carless. MOT, Tax and Insurance due in April-May!

Anton
31-12-02, 10:43 PM
:cry:

Ric 16v
01-01-03, 12:11 PM
anton: DON'T scrap it or break it for parts, you can repair it easily, won't take much, just don't get rid of it !!!!!!!

carltoncrazy
01-01-03, 01:11 PM
if the insurance writes it off,then anton will ave ave to buy the car off them,
and to be honest,wots the point

ollster
01-01-03, 01:21 PM
because the normal cost of buying a car back off insurance is ?30, so why not

Nova-Flair
01-01-03, 02:53 PM
if the engine is fooked change it to a 1300sr one??? bit lower on the ins than a 1400sr.....get sum carbs for the 1300. either that or dont tell the ins bout the 1400 :? just one option. might as well rebuild it tho to be honest. would get mucho respect for rebuilding + coming back bigger and better.

Chris LR
01-01-03, 04:39 PM
Its a $h1tty situation your in, and not the best way to start the new year.

If I were you I'd weigh up the good and bad points from each option, look at how much money to stand to lose with each, how much hassle it'll be and look at the end result.

If they both seem like a good/bad idea toss a coin, or run a poll, or ask TUNA!

carltoncrazy
01-01-03, 04:56 PM
?30
where ya get the figure from?only reason im saying is my mates have brought there cars back,for like 250 etc,
end of the day its always gonna come up a write off when its HPI,so people are gonna be put off buying it,
serious anton,i know ya love that car,but sometime ya should just call it aday

Chris LR
01-01-03, 05:02 PM
?20-?30 standard scrap fee?

Anton
01-01-03, 05:09 PM
Right this is what is happening.

Tomorrow morning I have a garage coming around to access for insurance. Following that another accesser from CIS will look at it.

I also have a friend of the family coming round to get a 'cash in hand' rebuild fee.

If I get a good enough written off price I will take that, but I doubt that will happen, although its estimated value is 2K!

They have said they may write it off, plus I get to keep the shell - either reshell or sell for parts.

Or no go through insurance and rebuild myself, but thats silly as the chinese bitch woman will be going through mine anyway.

But what ever happens, its still my first car, so although not worth alot it has value to me. Plus also I have spent like all my money on it. At the end of the day if it is written off I will buy it back, but then whether I rebuild, break it etc I dunno yet.

Ant :|

Ste_Nova
01-01-03, 06:47 PM
my 1.4sr was written off i was given a ?3200 payout then ?150 was knocked off that cause i kept the car

dave.gsi
02-01-03, 12:00 AM
if you can fix this.....................

http://www.knighta.f9.co.uk/gallery/joff_evans/b002.jpg

and make it look like this, yours shouldn't be a problem

http://www.knighta.f9.co.uk/gallery/joff_evans/b060.jpg

as they say, u can fix anything if you can afford it :roll:

Nova1.6
02-01-03, 01:13 AM
cheers mate!

Nova1.6
02-01-03, 01:18 AM
what the f?ck happend to your car in that pic?

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
02-01-03, 02:55 AM
Anton m8 check this out ?30 u carnt go wrong its everythink u need well not everythink on the page but some ov it

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67883

big_steve_x
02-01-03, 08:54 AM
best option, by a written off nova thats been in a rear end smash and is white!, then transfer all the front of the doner car that you need, and then sell the rest back to the scrap yard. might take a while but you won't need to spray anythin.

wisewood
02-01-03, 10:54 AM
it's a good idea anton - you'd be better off doing that than scrapping it and starting again.

Anton
02-01-03, 10:57 AM
GOOD NEWS!

Just had the car accessed by a bodyshop bloke and there is no major damage.

Inner wings, & valence, chasis etc fine.

He has located the problem with the engine and steering and that will be fine as well!

I have decided not to go through insurance, and I am having money of me parents for an early 18th birthday pressie to get it rebuilt.

It's gonna be better than ever with a one off bonnet, new bumper, and cool lourves wings! So watch this space.... It will be back! :D

wisewood
02-01-03, 11:05 AM
EXCELLENT!!!

Ste_Nova
02-01-03, 11:06 AM
i told u it was all high up minor damage..... now what about the 206??? if she's claiming you may aswell too

dave.gsi
02-01-03, 11:10 AM
good luck with the rebuild.

sheep dip......thats not my car lol i was just looking through topbuzz and found the pix of the rebuild and posted them to show that anythings fixable

Nova1.6
02-01-03, 11:42 AM
good news anton, looks like today is a good day for both of us, im getting a 1.6 instead of a new head gasket. I'll prob kill myself but hey, at least ill die fast!

MattyWoo
02-01-03, 11:55 AM
Woohoo good news then mate, i'm pleased for ya, especially if its gonna come back better!!! (can you get a lot better than it was going to be??? lol)
Neil - sounds good mate!!

All i need now is some good luck for me which would involve me miraculously finishing my 3 college assignments by monday then passing my driving test next week. Obviously its asking a bit more than the luck you two recieved but theres always hope :?

carltoncrazy
02-01-03, 12:12 PM
lucky anton,hope this teachers u not to drive when a womans driving with a 1000 miles radias
neil,250 with tank and everything?????/thats not bad
anton if the 206 claims u might asswell

Nova1.6
02-01-03, 12:34 PM
nah, its just engine + gear box + fitting. he said fuel is bout the same, which i find hard to believe.

Anton
02-01-03, 01:17 PM
I haven't heard from the chinkey yet.

I have my doubts she has insurance cos she won't give me or my insurers her insurance details :?

Also it will eventually have a 1.4 16v or 1.6 16v conversion :)

Ric 16v
02-01-03, 03:31 PM
good to hear it isn't being scrapped and it's being re-built, well done

Nova-Flair
02-01-03, 09:52 PM
sweet.......u know a 1400 16v makes sense. i need u to test the conversion so i get to know weather it is worthwhile for my beast!! :D

chuffed to hear u r rebuilding m8!

dan16v
02-01-03, 09:55 PM
gld to hear the news m8 you car was looking real good! :wink:

mikeoxford
02-01-03, 10:59 PM
:D EXCELLENT :D

thats great news

Anton
03-01-03, 07:11 PM
After carefull thinking today.. I have decided I can't justify repairing my car. Its only a mk2 1.2 so to be faiur its not worth alot is it?

So i think i will be breaking it for spares (not including ice)

Don't pm me yet cos I am gonna get it written off and buy it back first, but it will be on a first come first served basis (parts can be seen on Antons 1.2 in the 1.2 features)

Or if anyone wants to buy the car for repair I am open to offers.

Cheers
Ant

Chris LR
03-01-03, 07:18 PM
As I already said, Bad luck.

I think your doing the right thing. The damage, no matter how minor could put more stress on components and they'll wear out faster. They certainly do on my car!

brian
03-01-03, 07:45 PM
sorry to hear :(
i know how ya feel. most of us have been there! :roll:

mikeoxford
03-01-03, 07:47 PM
Antons 1.2 Flair
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=346

:cry: - shame mate - dont be hasty have a think :evil:

Nova-Flair
03-01-03, 09:48 PM
sh!t thats a shame m8 :( u sure u want to break it???? could be easily repaired

carltoncrazy
03-01-03, 09:55 PM
anton i agree wiv ya m8,
think ya done the right thing m8,
its a shame,but its the best thing,
next nova in the lines,or corsa sri,
or even better that carlton gsi that gezzer down the road is selling

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
03-01-03, 10:59 PM
Anton r u sure about breakin it it'll cost u more 2 go out and buy a new car then u'll have 2 do that 1 up, id just keep it get it fixed as it is'nt major damage then u can fit ya new engine 1.4 16v so it'll be back bigger and better but its ur car and ur choice gud luck m8 shame ur breakin it though

mikeoxford
03-01-03, 11:04 PM
:evil: DONT DO IT :evil:

Nova1.6
03-01-03, 11:25 PM
bad luck m8, hope everything goes well.

Anton
03-01-03, 11:34 PM
Problem is with everything put back 2 how it was before, is gonna be very expensive and Im only 17 with a saturday job lol

To be fair the car is worth ?1500 and its gonna be much more than half that to put it back to how it was.

carltoncrazy
03-01-03, 11:35 PM
er,,,,,mk2 .1.2=500-700 quid,
repairs his,500ish quid,
but will always b a write off,
so he`l never get its truth worth on resale

Chris LR
03-01-03, 11:37 PM
and all the costs in the future.

Nova-Flair
03-01-03, 11:38 PM
yeah but to get another car and mod it to that standard is gonna cost u at least 2k??? especially if u r talking bout a newer car!

dont break it m8 :cry: the chassis isnt even bent would be such a waste

Anton
03-01-03, 11:46 PM
well I don't think i will be modding my next car as much.

At the moment where i work (used car garage) have found me a 98 s 106 that sounds alrite.

I'm looking at it this way, i reckon i can get at least a grand for all the parts on me car, 1500 from my 'rents for my 18th making 2500 for a newer rust free car.

Nova-Flair
03-01-03, 11:53 PM
such a shame that m8 but u sound like u have made ur mind up.......

mikeoxford
04-01-03, 12:10 AM
:( just think about how you came on here every other day chuffed to pieces with your new mod!

a new car wont drive the same

Anton
04-01-03, 12:16 AM
or rust the same :? Me dad still wants to rebuild but it will take him years lol

Chris LR
04-01-03, 12:21 AM
It's up to you Ant, the only thing I'll say is that you should go for it, no looking back, no mind changing.

Anton
04-01-03, 12:25 AM
I want it broken for parts.

Chris LR
04-01-03, 12:31 AM
Nice one, it's a start!

Ste_Nova
04-01-03, 10:57 AM
?1000 for parts lmfao, not when peeps like me pay ?75 for whole mk2 novas

carltoncrazy
04-01-03, 12:55 PM
ste is righti can get hold of mot mk2 for like 400 ish quid(ok doors r gone but the shels fine"
anton break it,u might get a fe bob for those clocks,
but be warned,you buy a saxo,and il be the first one to key it!! :twisted:

Fester
04-01-03, 04:27 PM
nooooooooooo dont do it anton!

Ric 16v
04-01-03, 07:08 PM
I agree with every1 else DON'T do it, but seen as you have made up your mind about braking it are you selling the parts for it yet ?

Chris LR
04-01-03, 07:16 PM
He wants to break it, let him.
Lets put all our effots into getting him out of a 106!

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
04-01-03, 09:45 PM
Gud luck 2 ya m8 hope all go's well if u get the pug happy moddin ur gunna c the difference in the power 1.2 8v 2 a 1.6 16v gud luck

Anton
04-01-03, 09:47 PM
dint go for the pug 100k + high insurance not a good combo.

Chris LR
04-01-03, 09:52 PM
If I had 2.5k buring a hole in my pocket I'd go for a Mk3 Astra. The diesels last forever and I haven't heard bad things said against the petrols. The parts are cheap and they look OK. They're pretty decent to drive as well.

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
04-01-03, 10:23 PM
i dont no wot id get for ?2500 proberly get another nova but a gsi or gte or maybe even a corsa but wotever u do dont get a saxo plz dont i hate them cars theres tribes ov them round my way :evil: :twisted: :x i dont mind 1.1's done up they r different but its all these vts/vtr 's

?Marty?
04-01-03, 11:33 PM
So having a saxo wouldn't be shit enough, you'd have to have the shittest of the range!? Come on now! :roll:

Nova-Flair
05-01-03, 12:38 AM
i HATE saxos!!!!!

as if the AX wasnt bad enuff sh!troen had to bring out something that was new but affordable (built using a coke can.....like the AX) so all the little unemployed scruffs (if u notice i said unemployed scruffs, that dosent mean that all unemployed people r scruffs just some) could go to yes car credit and get one thinking they r hard! feckin frog mobiles! i mean look at the VTR/VTS they havent even got sports seats or a decent spoiler! they are also more common than 1.1's round my way.

peugeots r quite good (106 and 205 GTI versions r good examples) but apart from that all french cars are utter crap!

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
05-01-03, 01:23 AM
Wot about this French car then link= http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=444

Nova-Flair
05-01-03, 12:34 PM
i wouldnt say renault were a good make but i must admit that i like the clio williams and the sport 172.

the 5 GTT's are fast but i dont like the look of them. same with the 19.

mikeoxford
05-01-03, 05:46 PM
:evil: still think u shud let ur dad rebuild it and u drive about in some cheap ?10 down the auction mini or summat

Anton
05-01-03, 06:15 PM
i couldnt fit in a mini lol looks like im gonna be insured on either a 1974 capri - LMFAO or my mum pug 106 diesel :o what a selection!

Ric 16v
05-01-03, 06:23 PM
when you come to get a new car DON'T get a corsa, there FCUKING SHIT !!!!!!! that's all there is round here, and I quite like saxos even though there are loads of them round here !!! but I wouldn't mind one

ainsley_brader
05-01-03, 08:19 PM
when you come to get a new car DON'T get a corsa, there FCUKING s**t

thats rich considering you drive one !!

In your position I wouldnt split the nova its not worth the hassle and theres no way youd get a grand for the parts. Weather its wrote off or not either sell it whole or keep it and turn it into a project.
As for a next car in your position i'd go for a corsa sri, only grp 6 for a 1.4 16V, and its not a bad car in std form and mods are plentiful if you do decide to modify it.

Ainsley