PDA

View Full Version : Broadband!!!

xxspudxx
24-02-09, 06:06 PM
Was setting a mates broadband up today well trying to, connected it all up and it wouldnt connect to the broadband on the line, tried different filters, different sockets everything and nothing worked, rang up BT and they told me exactly what i had already tried but told me the line was all activated.

Any other ideas as to what to try to get it to work? he lives out in the sticks a bit so im wondering whether the phones lines to his house from the exchange arent good enough or something daft?

Sonny Jim
24-02-09, 06:22 PM
broadband wasnt working in cumbria all day yesterday maybe wasnt for you?

Southie
24-02-09, 06:37 PM
Racist behaviour not a good idea :mad:

A banning offence if I remember!

Jack
24-02-09, 08:42 PM
It is. Do it again and face a quick battering with the banstick.

Where abouts in Somerset are you? Whats the broadband provider (BT?) and package, and what modem/router are you using?

xxspudxx
24-02-09, 11:27 PM
excuse the wording, not racist i asure.

But i live just outside bridgwater, but house was doing it to is inbetween east and west huntspill, and it is indeed a BT package but not sure which router it came supplied with, a black one if that helps :roll: ive never had problems before setting it up so just seems bit strange.

Asa-James
24-02-09, 11:30 PM
home hub 2. send the bugger back, i had to with the first as it wouldnt connect wirelessly, and with the new one the phone that came with it keeps losing signal. might be worth trying a different router from somewhere?

jimbob-mcgrew
25-02-09, 01:19 AM
was spud calling you lot white motherfcukers again lol ghwaan spud :thumb:

Jack
25-02-09, 07:12 AM
but house was doing it to is inbetween east and west huntspill
Thats not the house opposite Withy Grove Farm is it? lol

The line down that road is rubbish for internet unfortunately.

xxspudxx
25-02-09, 08:13 AM
**** me you know your roads, it is down withy road!

Jack
25-02-09, 10:32 AM
;)

Net access keeps cutting out but phone is ok? Unfortunately its the line - you're miles from an exchange and the line on that road is pretty shonky anyway. You're not the only one who has problems with net access down there!

Never used to see either of my cars down there then? lol

xxspudxx
25-02-09, 12:24 PM
Take it you used to live in huntspill?? lol, I live in woolavington. But mate was doing it for was on phone to bt again today and they have told him that there is a problem with the line and they are gonna sort something out, what they will do who knows?

Jack
25-02-09, 04:54 PM
Nope, but my ex lives on Withy Farm (the older of the two daughters before you assume me to be a kiddy fiddler LOL) so I used to spend most of my days there. Built the Nova in one of the barns out front.

Do you know the kid opposite who has/had the silver (iirc) kitted Nova?

I wouldn't bet on them doing anything, Alex's line was rubbish despite complaints to BT.