PDA

View Full Version : vxr corsa front brakes fit on a nova hub?

turbo-boy
23-02-09, 09:36 PM
hello there just wondering has anyone put corsa vxr brakes on the front of a nova?or is it possible for them to fit.

AlexW
23-02-09, 09:39 PM
Why would you want to fit them?

Rich
23-02-09, 11:07 PM
What sort of reply is that? lol

Im not sure if the hub size is the same on new vauxhalls, i think they still use the ate type caliper so may swap over if you get the caliper carriers as well but not known it to have been done.

phazer
24-02-09, 12:03 PM
The mounting points have changed on newer VXs, they are like the Astra G. You'd need an adapter to fit them.

Pistol Pete
24-02-09, 03:34 PM
Why would you want to fit them?

:confused: same reason people fit 2.0 16v discs and pads maybe? Using VXR equipment would be a newer upgrade?

As said i would imagine mounting points for the caliper would be different. Can you get hold of a caliper to confirm?

MK999
24-02-09, 05:12 PM
I never knew standard nova brakes were the height of technology and don't need upgrading, gonna get on the phone to ferrari, i could save them millions lol

Plug
24-02-09, 05:39 PM
the mounts are different would prob be more cost effictive to get 2.0L 16v calipers and discs tbh or for the price of Vxr calipers and discs im guessing you could get some willwoods or similar brakes

phazer
24-02-09, 09:27 PM
As above price might put you off. OEM front discs and pads for the Astra VXR is around £220 :eek:

turbo-boy
26-02-09, 09:22 AM
not worryed about the money. i hav had a look at them think there 288mm disc but not sure.and i think from were the bolt onto the hub the vx,s ones are further apart in mouning point.thanks for your comments lads

Stuart
26-02-09, 09:27 AM
tbh for the same cash I'd opt for 4pots (although they arent vital.... see brakes article). I guess its purely spec sheet bling you are after by going for vxr ones

AlexW
26-02-09, 11:51 AM
:confused: same reason people fit 2.0 16v discs and pads maybe? Using VXR equipment would be a newer upgrade?

As said i would imagine mounting points for the caliper would be different. Can you get hold of a caliper to confirm?

As pointed out in this thread it seems pointless when for the price of them you could fit the older 256mm brakes without a problem. And as stu said 4pots is another idea.