PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of

turbojolt
23-02-09, 07:44 PM
Rover 220 coupe turbo's any experiences with the or just general thoughts :thumb:

AlexW
23-02-09, 07:47 PM
Its a rover......

General Baxter
23-02-09, 07:50 PM
a work mate has one, we backed a truck into it, slightly dented the wing,

tomcat turbo this is, the insrance offered him £50 for it lol

its allways breaking down, never running right, there crap simple ass

novait
23-02-09, 08:11 PM
as already said its a rover

turbojolt
23-02-09, 08:29 PM
as already said its a rover

doesn't mean nothing to me is there a point you would like to make lol

Benn
23-02-09, 08:58 PM
Utter sh*te.
Even totaly standard they brake all the time, turbo probs, hg, gear box, wiring you name it and they suffer on it.

blue_peg_16v
23-02-09, 10:08 PM
total pants had one and spent a fortune just to keep it running, about as reliable as a nun in a brothel

mowgli
23-02-09, 10:12 PM
let me ask you this...... why do you think rover doesn't exist any more????

if their cars were good, they would.

Mike
23-02-09, 10:13 PM
Rover 220 coupe turbo's any experiences with the or just general thoughts :thumb:

There **** when they go wrong (quite a lot of the time) but offer really good tunability for very little money.

A friend of mine had a pinapple yellow on with black leather, ran a healthy 285bhp with no issues at all. Until it snowed lol

dj_wudgey
23-02-09, 10:15 PM
a work mate has one, we backed a truck into it, slightly dented the wing,

tomcat turbo this is, the insrance offered him £50 for it lol

its allways breaking down, never running right, there crap simple ass

yea i know a lad selling one aswell its sh*t as f*ck!! dont get me wrong its fast when it works but he had less trouble with his 200 plus brake 5 turbo and thats saying something!!!!

and mowgli rofl you hit the nail on the head there!!!!

turbojolt
23-02-09, 10:17 PM
let me ask you this...... why do you think rover doesn't exist any more????

because off bad financial direction from outer parties rather then the rover company its self

Simon 1867
23-02-09, 10:17 PM

A friend of mine has had 2 of these and he loved them, never let him down. where nice cars to drive, nippy too.he had the ones with the vvt engine in

Rover arent as bad as people say....just missed understood

vaughanmc
23-02-09, 10:20 PM
Used to be a 220 GSi up the road from me as well

Went like f*ck lol

Can't ever remember anything going wrong with it either

Not bad cars but personally I wouldn't have one...

dj_wudgey
23-02-09, 10:24 PM
nah man they are poo lol it was quick like. my mate didnt kill it like but he did give it some b*stard and it was allways broke!! he just got pissed off with it and got rid off it!!! my opinion off them will always be the same after braking down at the side off the m180 on the way home from cleethorpes!!!

Spudly
23-02-09, 11:42 PM
Theyre the same as any other cars really, if its been abused all its life then then its gonna be a dog whereas if its been looked after then it should be fine.

They are prone to head/gasket failiure though as per any other rover as they were made in cadbury land from choclate and jellybabies!

SKoob
24-02-09, 11:18 PM
mate used to have one, used to eat headgaskets and altenators too for some reason :wtf: lol I don't think they are too bad looking tbh, was told they handle quite respectably.

dj_wudgey
25-02-09, 09:51 AM
Theyre the same as any other cars really, if its been abused all its life then then its gonna be a dog whereas if its been looked after then it should be fine.

They are prone to head/gasket failiure though as per any other rover as they were made in cadbury land from choclate and jellybabies!

yea supose it can be expected my mate never thrashed it to death but as ive said he did give it some!!

to be honest that was the problem he mainly had with it chewing head gaskets all the time but again as said before he sold it as his reanault 5 turbo was more reliable lol

Spudly
25-02-09, 10:18 AM
You usually find these days with any rover/mg boyracer edition that its more commonly the 1.4 K16 series engine that has the gasket problems but if you fit a landrover spec one they are more forgiving and tend to put up the abuse of normal driving that a rover spec one cant tolerate, ive had four rovers in my time so that entitles me to rag anyone with one imo lol, two 414's one as a first car which went porus in the head after three months and the second was my dads which although he drives like a granny was doing the same, a metro GTi which rotted and fell apart before the head/gasket could and a 216 honda engine which laughed at everything i gave it:thumb:

dj_wudgey
25-02-09, 10:31 AM
You usually find these days with any rover/mg boyracer edition that its more commonly the 1.4 K16 series engine that has the gasket problems but if you fit a landrover spec one they are more forgiving and tend to put up the abuse of normal driving that a rover spec one cant tolerate, ive had four rovers in my time so that entitles me to rag anyone with one imo lol, two 414's one as a first car which went porus in the head after three months and the second was my dads which although he drives like a granny was doing the same, a metro GTi which rotted and fell apart before the head/gasket could and a 216 honda engine which laughed at everything i gave it:thumb:

Yea another mate had a 216 gti it was about 156 brake that was allright i liked that untill he crashed it lol i know a lad who's done the landrover gasket with his mg and its loads beter!! he thrashes the tits off the thing and its been fine ever since that!!

Andy
25-02-09, 10:35 AM
I used to have a 216 Gti Honda engine,nothing wrong with it at all.Handled well and was very quick for a 1600.
If it has a Honda engine its good imo.
The k series engines werent that good,but when working ok were nice to drive

dj_wudgey
25-02-09, 10:37 AM
I used to have a 216 Gti Honda engine,nothing wrong with it at all.Handled well and was very quick for a 1600.
If it has a Honda engine its good imo.
The k series engines werent that good,but when working ok were nice to drive

yea as i said my mates 216 was quick he spent abit it had been camed up chiped full system im not shure entirely the full extent off the work but it was 156 brake!! it was pretty quick like and did handle untill he put it into a metal fence!!!

Spudly
25-02-09, 10:42 AM
Clever lad spent all his pennies on the engine and neglected his brakes then lol

Andy
25-02-09, 10:46 AM
I put mine into a field at 110 and it still drove me home lol
It scared me longtime

dj_wudgey
25-02-09, 10:47 AM
Clever lad spent all his pennies on the engine and neglected his brakes then lol

lol i think he did just have standard brakes but no some taxi pulled out into the main road straight to the outside lane he had no where to go but into the fence. he wrote both him and the taxi off any way!! he was going well too fast in rush hour traffic though!!!

Spudly
25-02-09, 10:53 AM
It scared me longtime

Thats because youre a mentalist haha!

Anyways enough chatting methinks and i best set off to vaux then yours hadnt i lol

Ill bring me exhaust paste too just in case:thumb:

dj_wudgey
25-02-09, 11:04 AM
It scared me longtime

not suprised it scared you dude i bet you drove like a granny the rest off the way home lol

turbojolt
25-02-09, 11:42 PM
my old man had a 200gsi Honda engine and it went all right and never broke down just a rear shock started squeaking like a nuns c-unt before he got rid and got a transit