PDA

View Full Version : Watchmen

Lee
23-02-09, 03:18 PM
Anyone looking forward to it? It looks awesome :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg

brainsnova
23-02-09, 04:38 PM
i am now.

Jack
23-02-09, 05:20 PM
I'm not.

THEN I saw the woman in the toit minimalistic PVC outfit. Now I am excited.

Dar
23-02-09, 05:35 PM
Lee want to go to the Cinema to watch this when it is out?
C is useless so she won't be coming.

kelbelle
23-02-09, 06:13 PM
Anyone actually have any idea what its about? lol

jimbob-mcgrew
23-02-09, 06:33 PM
" Watchmen takes place in an alternate history united states where the country is edging closer to a nuclear war with the soviet union, freelance costumed vigilantes have been outlawed and most costumed superheroes are in retirement or working for the government. The story focuses on the personal development and struggles of the protagonists as an investigation into the murder of a government sponsored superhero pulls them out of retirement and eventually leads them to confront a plot by one of their own to stave off nuclear war by killing millions of innocent people. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen

from my point of view it looks like it could be prety good.

on a slight downside tho, ive heard from the original 80's comic fans that its not true enough to the script and there not happy with it at all.

will have to wait and see, no doubt it'l be a box office smash purely on the special effects regardless of whether the films any good.

mowgli
23-02-09, 06:52 PM
try & find a copy of saturdays Daily Telegraph magazine. there is an article explaining the story about the creation of watchmen, from the original comic book to the film.

Jack
23-02-09, 07:11 PM
Anyone actually have any idea what its about? lol
Who cares? Woman scantily clad in PVC outfit. Thats all there is to it.

mowgli
23-02-09, 07:14 PM
its set in the eighties, america won in vietnam using scary superheroes/villians, nixon changed the law & is still in power after 5 terms
then poo hits the fan

Lee
23-02-09, 07:59 PM
Lee want to go to the Cinema to watch this when it is out?
C is useless so she won't be coming.
Deffo Nate Lea! :thumb::thumb: Its fapping long though, bout 2 and a half hours iirc!

kelbelle
23-02-09, 09:21 PM
Well im still confused but looks interesting. Anyway, I have an unlimited acrd for Cineworld so its practically free for me! :)