PDA

View Full Version : is it legal

raymond
21-02-09, 03:32 PM
to have a car outside your house with no wheels on it

reason being one copper rang me at 10.30 the other night they inconsiderate pillock and said if there is no wheels on it by the following day it will be lifted

so the day after i rang them back and explained the sitiuation and they said if its taxed but really should have insurance it should be ok. he also said that a few neighbours had been complaining about with the dangerous parts etc etc its sat like this at the mo or was

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e279/DAM14N/100_0201.jpg

confused a little as one is telling me one thing and another telling me soemthing else. needless to say ive put 3 wheels on it as i couldnt find another 15 inch wheel to put over the brakes lol

my point to this is it legal or not

L33 LEG
21-02-09, 03:43 PM
i dont see why it is a problem. if it has tax then i would just ignore it, yes it may look a bit of mess for a neighbours point of view, but im 99% sure it isnt illegal in any way.

failing that make a set of circular cardboard pieces and with a black marker draw some spokes on it and stick them to the car, they might see the funny side and stop being a c0ck with you

Adam
21-02-09, 03:51 PM
It needs be insured if its on the road.

Graeme
21-02-09, 04:09 PM
I'm sure a 'by the book' bizzie would find it to be in violation of one law or another. Especially if the neighbours are complaining, how much longer do you need it there for? I've got some 15s you can use if you want but i do need them back

raymond
21-02-09, 04:22 PM
cheers dude im going to put it on my grandads drive one day next week
im going to pee the neighbours of more when it goes on there lol

should keep them sweet really though as one day they may bite back lol

im gonna take that dash out next week bud

nova_stee
21-02-09, 04:24 PM
"f**king kids will pinch out"lol

Graeme
21-02-09, 04:38 PM
Sound did lee take the wing?

raymond
21-02-09, 04:45 PM
no mate eastham has instead

Graeme
21-02-09, 05:41 PM
foooker, oh well, keep me posted on that ropey dash then mate

brainsnova
21-02-09, 06:04 PM
its some law if it looks abondoned it can be lifted by the council. i dont see a problem and open you door and shout "*******s" for your neighbours.

Rich
21-02-09, 06:54 PM
8am start sunday morning with a grinder should annoy them nicely :)

If it was on axel stands it might be a bit tidyer, does look a bit of a state like that. Not that its anyones buisness anyway!

keithrg
21-02-09, 07:03 PM
If a vehicle has no wheels the council can put a notice it. Even if taxed insured and mot with registered keeper.
If the the tyres are pertruding into the road as they are on the kerb side this would class as dangerouse as a car could hit them. With this in mind the car can be removed without notice and impounded. (this has happened when people have left windows open in the summer. Is really you would place a substancial piece of would that would support the car. If its of council land do as you wish.

mowgli
21-02-09, 11:55 PM
basically, if the car is parked on the road, then it must be taxed, mot'd, insured & in a roadworthy state, ie safe to be driven or towed down the road. the rozzer was not being inconsiderate, pedantic, a pillock etc. he was doing his job.

offplot
22-02-09, 12:04 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e279/DAM14N/100_0201.jpg

Its not that "dodgy" in Blackburn is it ?
lollollollollollollollollollol

Thats the best pic i hve seen for ages !!!!!:thumb:

mowgli
22-02-09, 12:29 AM
http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/9/8553/thumb_620x2000/gta-vc_2007-11-14_03-08-59-95.jpg

dave.gsi
22-02-09, 05:29 PM
theres a car been parked outside my dads house since before xmas, its half on double yellow lines and has no tax,...its never moved... hes rung the council and police at least 5 times and they still wont lift it. they say 'its got a registered keeper so we cant touch it'...........:confused:

maybe if i take the wheels off they'll move the piece of s**t??

Adam*D
22-02-09, 05:49 PM
theres a car been parked outside my dads house since before xmas, its half on double yellow lines and has no tax,...its never moved... hes rung the council and police at least 5 times and they still wont lift it. they say 'its got a registered keeper so we cant touch it'...........:confused:

I'd just go weigh that one in:thumb:

Adam*D
22-02-09, 05:52 PM
P.s, a car only has to have tax on it to be parked on a public road, they couldn't lift it because it was parked up with no insurance showing on it otherwise they'd be able to tow everyones car away who had a traders policy!

Spudly
22-02-09, 05:55 PM
*ahem* thats why its such a sketchy area with traders policies and you now have to add the current vehicles being used without trade plates iirc, a car must have valid insurance to be kept on a public highway otherwise its an offence!

dave.gsi
22-02-09, 08:33 PM
another handy bit of information about that car outside my dads house,.....hes stopped several traffic wardens to see why it hasn't been given a ticket for parking on the double yellows, they reckon they don't book cars unless 2 thirds of the car are on the yellows, this one is about 50% on - 50% off:wtf:

loggyboy
22-02-09, 09:29 PM
Just noticed ur car is a distant relative of my old Breezer SRi, mine was K205

so is this one, they must have done a bulk register of a lot of novas!
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114385

keithrg
22-02-09, 10:40 PM

Yep move it then call them done it a few times last one was someone parked a car round my mates taking up 3 spaces. So it got dragged into road and cones and becones put round it at 3am in morning:thumb: when first bus couldnt get passed it got removed. gone by 8am

mowgli
22-02-09, 10:51 PM
we regularly move parked cars. in my work, we have to cone areas off & about 75% of the time, some idiot moves them & parks up. we had a job recently where we were fencing in a busy car park, and the client called us to the top end of the job. when we got back, 2 mins later, someone had actually managed to park their car between two cones & on top of the stack of wooden posts!!! jcb & chain. the best bit is when they return & can't understand how the car moved........

imnobby
22-02-09, 11:15 PM
P.s, a car only has to have tax on it to be parked on a public road, they couldn't lift it because it was parked up with no insurance showing on it otherwise they'd be able to tow everyones car away who had a traders policy!

FAIL incorrect information

Adam*D
23-02-09, 08:59 AM
FAIL incorrect information

Sh1t!!! best move all my cars then eh? I / the majority of my pals have trade insurance, quite regularly get stopped by the police for driving cars that we've just bought / own but have no insurance showing on them on the PNC, once we show our trade insurance we're off on our way again. Are you trying to say I'm allowed to drive any car on the road but I'm not allowed to park up?:confused:

Jack
23-02-09, 09:15 AM
I was under the impression a trade policy only covers the car whilst its being driven, or whilst its parked up on the forecourt (i.e. not the road)?

Spudly
23-02-09, 10:50 AM
Are you trying to say I'm allowed to drive any car on the road but I'm not allowed to park up?:confused:

Basically yes, as the traders insurance in theory only covers the trader to drive the vehicle, if you (i.e. the trader) are not in/driving the vehicle its not covered, if you drive one car to your mates its insured, pick up another car and leave the first there then you drive away with the insurance cover on the second vehicle and leaving the other car uninsured afaik!

Thats just my understanding of it and may be wrong but im fairly sure thats about right!

L33 LEG
23-02-09, 10:51 AM
Sh1t!!! best move all my cars then eh? I / the majority of my pals have trade insurance, quite regularly get stopped by the police for driving cars that we've just bought / own but have no insurance showing on them on the PNC, once we show our trade insurance we're off on our way again. Are you trying to say I'm allowed to drive any car on the road but I'm not allowed to park up?:confused:

thats what iv always said, i often drive a car that isnt on a database. the car only needs to be taxed to be on the road. they cant just pick up every car that doesnt show up on a database.

Spudly
23-02-09, 10:55 AM
the car only needs to be taxed to be on the road. they cant just pick up every car that doesnt show up on a database.

A vehicle MUST be insured these dyas to be kept/left on a public highway, we found this out as when my mates AX GT got stolen and we chased it down and recovered it (20 mates with cars all over the city FTW) the feds appeared as obviously we had reported it and the first question they asked of the owner was why it wasnt coming up as insured and he said that it was due to him losing his job and not being able to afford it, he hadnt driven the car but as it was parked on the street and had caused damage to fences and grass verges while under twoc then he got fined for damages!

keithrg
24-02-09, 12:33 AM
This is always a debate. car could have been nicked from drive garage lock up. ect. I parked on someones drive when cops pulled me last year. owner of house was washing his car. I explained that officeirs would want me to get out. However if I did this on the highway, technically the car would be uninsured. I oplogised for using his drive and blamed the POLICE for wanting to talk to me. I dont know why but they really hate it when you refuse to get out of the car. not worth argueing with them though.

Always park a third party only (cover) car on private land. un like tax it can be accessable by public.

dj_wudgey
24-02-09, 10:42 AM
Basically yes, as the traders insurance in theory only covers the trader to drive the vehicle, if you (i.e. the trader) are not in/driving the vehicle its not covered, if you drive one car to your mates its insured, pick up another car and leave the first there then you drive away with the insurance cover on the second vehicle and leaving the other car uninsured afaik!

Thats just my understanding of it and may be wrong but im fairly sure thats about right!

your right matey you cant park it up and leave it my mate uses a traders policy and when his vectra sri got paint stripper thrown all over it at night they wouldent do sh*t!!

loggyboy
24-02-09, 02:55 PM
IIRC If you have a Traders policy you are now required to state the plates of cars you have, therefore they will be covered even when you are not in them, of course you are still covered to drive any car if you havent given them the reg, but you should tell them as soon as possible so they can keep the MID uptodate.