PDA

View Full Version : Security

Anonymous
16-11-00, 08:38 AM
I recently bought a 1.3 SR, and two days after I bought it some bastard smashed the back window. Hadn't fitted my ICE yet though so they didn't get anything. But I want a good alarm system. I know you can have one fitted Halfords but are they any good???

Anonymous
16-11-00, 09:12 AM
It depends how much u want to spend. If u've got the cash eg:?250-?350, get a top of the range
thatcham Cat-1 alarm which r the mutz nutz and fitting one will reduce your insurance premium.
However if u havnt got that much cash (like me) u can pick up a nifty little kit from halfords
I paid ?80 (Down from ?100). Its a Sparkrite alarm plus immobiliser. Both are activated by the
same key fob. The alarm has internal motion sensors, has electrical current sensors (ie alarm goes
off if doors/boot is opened due to interior lights coming on), it also has shock sensing (which u can
set to a desired level).The immobiliser is a seperate unit, so even if ur car broken into and they manage
to pull the wires from the back of the alarm thus disconnecting it, the immobiliser still functions and the
car is going nowhere. Took me and a m8 about 2 hours to fit about 10 months ago, and its still working fine.
Plus (touch wood) i've had no more damage/attempted theft of mi motor since i fitted it. Prior to fitting it i
had mi locks done and steering column fucked in an attemted theft. I had mi old original nova hub caps stolen,
and someone seriously scrathed/chipped my drivers window in an attempt to nick it by slim-jimming it-BASTARDS!
Hope this was of some help,
Tony.

Anonymous
16-11-00, 11:28 AM
I agree with Tony, if you have got ?250 look in the yellow pages for car security and get a thatcham approved cat 1 alarm and imobiliser with keypad central locking preferably coz nova locks are fucking shit, this will remove any attempts to knock your locks in and it also looks good with smoothed doors. You can get a good system for ?240 inc VAT and fitting by GT Auto Alarms or Scorpion. If u get thatcham cat 1 and get it fitted proffessionally it will bring your premiums down on insurance which is good sometimes by as much as 15 - 20 % off. So work it out, its worth it in the long run ecspecially if u want to keep your car for a while.
Damian