PDA

View Full Version : nova power steering??

auzzy-b
21-02-09, 09:46 AM
i'm wondering exactly how it is done, which parts from what models, year etc? If anyone has any pics/info it would be a great help for me to decide wether or not to do it;) ......depends how tricky it will be

General Baxter
21-02-09, 10:01 AM
its a lot of bollox, and not needed on a nova :)

xxspudxx
21-02-09, 10:14 AM
I got electric power steering and makes life much easier in the rally car. But thats with quick rack and 90% tran x diff.

But there are 2 ways of doing it, electric off a corsa B, or i think the other way is a hyduarlic rack from a corsa and then get a saxo pump.

AlexW
21-02-09, 10:23 AM
As spud said about the hyduarlic type is another way to do it.

For that you would need a corsa PAS rack, with both arms shortend 1", and a electric pump from a saxo or 106. Custom made pipes are needed too.

Have a search for Craig Greens WIP, hes done the above.

And i belive the hyduarlic type and the electric collum (problery easyer) are about the same cost.

craig green
21-02-09, 10:28 AM
EPAS (electrically assisted column) is the way I'd do it next time. You can use with the std rack or a quick rack, plus if you want to faff about whilst the dash is off, you can add the double UJ & straighten up the steering column.

Ebay is a good source of Corsa EPAS columns & controllers.

xxspudxx
21-02-09, 10:30 AM
as CG said when i fitted my EPAS i rewelded the colum mount to centre the steering wheel up. Cost just over 100 quid to do!

auzzy-b
22-02-09, 02:27 PM
So if where to get hold of a electric pas rack, it just basically bolts straight on??

craig green
23-02-09, 10:27 AM
Its an electric column (not rack)