PDA

View Full Version : Wing, headlight, grill fitting issues.

Pistol Pete
20-02-09, 04:54 PM
Did abit of work on the Nova today. Had go go at mock fitting my front end parts, before they go for paint. This caused me a headache...:( :mad: :roll:

Wings didnt fit as snug as i would have liked, headlights and indicators also had gaps around them. The grill...well lets just says it is lucky to still be in one piece :mad:

I was wondering if, using the below picture.. fellow mk2 owners could take some measurements and post them up here. I have a feeling i may have to change my slam panel, but want to be sure before i do this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Pete_58/Nova/IMGP0669edit.jpg

Red line is from the headlight mounting screw to the scuttle panel, and the black line is from the same screw to the front edge of the wing above the indicator.

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

geordy_sr
20-02-09, 05:47 PM
black- 50mm

red- 835mm

both measurements to the centre of the screw :thumb:

Pistol Pete
20-02-09, 06:07 PM
Cheers. + rep coming for you. That was super quick!!

Others feel free to post measurements. Not doubting the above just good to have an average. Thanks.

geordy_sr
20-02-09, 06:14 PM
no prob pete cheers

i agree better comparing a few measurements

Pistol Pete
22-02-09, 11:18 AM
?????

How many mk2 owners on here and no other measurements??!! lol

Come on guys, help a fellow Nova owner out...

Adam
22-02-09, 11:38 AM
Id offer measure mine but it'll be well out! lol lol

Why will things not line up though?
Has it had a new front end?
Are the wings GM?

AlexW
22-02-09, 11:54 AM
Mine is the same as above.

Rich
22-02-09, 12:22 PM
pattern wings can be a terrible fit. my gsi has gaps around the indicators/ doesnt line up right :(

Pistol Pete
22-02-09, 09:20 PM
Id offer measure mine but it'll be well out! lol lol

Why will things not line up though?
Has it had a new front end?
Are the wings GM?

Cheers Adam, did see about yours..:(

I have fitted a new slam panel and complete front cross member and front panel. The wings are second hand but cant be sure if they are GM or not. I had some pattern wings and gave up trying to get the to fit. I used them for mig practice in the end lol

Pistol Pete
23-02-09, 09:03 PM
mk1 and mk2 slams, they are the same. Arent they??!! lol

AlexW
23-02-09, 10:03 PM
Yep, just mk1 have 3 holes in the top for the grill. Nowt else should be different.

Pistol Pete
24-02-09, 03:58 PM
Checked my measurements against the ones that got posted, and it all seems ok. Will have to spend abit of time banging and cutting methinks. Great!!

Pistol Pete
25-02-09, 09:09 AM
The black plastic clips for the grill, that slot into the wings under the indicators, are they available form Vauxhall still??

Pistol Pete
26-02-09, 06:29 PM
My problems were solved today. With abit of banging woth a lump hammer and a bolster, the wings now fit as Vauxhall intended! I also had to shave the headlight panel. Still need the black plastic clips in the wings for the grill though..still stocked at Vauxhall??

Lee H
27-02-09, 08:52 PM
Were still stocked a few months ago when I got some Pete. Think they might be used on some newer Vauxhalls as thats the only reason Vauxhall usually have clips and stuff nowadays for Nova's.

Pistol Pete
27-02-09, 09:09 PM
Cheers Lee. Nice one. Will pop in there next week.